It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hands can be classified as lethal weapons...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
....So going by that logic, should we start taking peoples hands from them when they are deemed as lethal weapons?

We can be like, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

Better yet, we can have a pre crime mental health investigation as to see wether or not your hands will be used for worthy purposes.

Yes...If you reach a certain degree within the mixed martial arts where you use your hands, they can be registered, just like a gun as a deadly weapon with the federal government.

Should we ban all hands or just start cutting them off.

After all if a psycho goes into a school and starts killing people, it was his hands that pulled the trigger.

Does anyone else see the steep slope we are on? Of course you do, because you are not stupid and likely not as crazy as some in the government who wouldn't be able to pass their own mental health examinations.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
Yes...If you reach a certain degree within the mixed martial arts where you use your hands, they can be registered, just like a gun as a deadly weapon with the federal government.

I lost my sword in a fishing accident and had to use my Bo staff for firewood, and well, just totally forgot how to do a roundhouse and a footsweep when I was trying to get over my carpal tunnel. It's not a black belt, it's a headband.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Oh My God! I've got hands! one - no, two of them!!! I don't feel safe anymore. Can the gov't come and fix me, quick?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This isn't thread worthy, and has been used as an 'argument' about a billion times over the last two weeks.

I see what you're saying though, but still, not in need of it's own thread, of which it's already had a few.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ever seen the movie, Blood Diamond?

"They say, the future is in your, hands..."

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

I realize this point has probably been made before. Personally I think its genius.

However, going down this path the government might as well limit how many fingers you have. Because having four fingers as opposed to five would make your lethal weapon that much less effective, just see the 10 round clip limit.

Actually its not genius.

This whole argument is stupid.

Yet some people will never change their minds and I dont expect them to. Sadly they are probably too gun owners.

What we need to regulate is control freaks.

This goes back to the Bible and the story of satan rebelling from god. You see the source of evil is that god made man in his own image gave man free will.

Good= practicing your free will
Evil= imposing on someones freewill

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Yes sir.

If most people actually believed in themselves we would not be in this situation anyways.
Time to revisit self reliance and having principals.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

In Italy and Sicily it is a felony to use a fist when hitting someone . If you get into a fight, you have to use open hand. Using your fist can get you arrested. It's not a strange concept.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

You've got 5 fingers? Oh, my god, it's a freak! He's got more fingers than the rest of us! He must be studied - imprisoned - and studied!

I've only got 4 fingers and a thumb on one of my hands. That's what makes me different than an orangatan.

He's different! Incarcerate him, now! For the children, my god!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
....So going by that logic, should we start taking peoples hands from them when they are deemed as lethal weapons?

If you hit someone, it is considered "assault".

So hands must be assault weapons now...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

You can defend yourself/against government tyranny/hunt/go on spree killings with your bare hands just as well as with a gun?
Good.
What do you need a gun for then?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Actually I have four fingers and a thumb. But considering having another finger installed just in case the government tries to take one of them a away.

I dont know, I think its high time we have a national discussion about hands.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

Name one revolutionary who fought the government without their hands. You cant can you?

If Adam Lanza didnt have hands he never would have been able to get his HANDS on an assault rifle in the first place. Haha get it?

top topics

join