It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Captures Death of CVS Toothpaste Shoplifter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultimatelizardman
No. the fact that sub-animals such as thieves, junkies, vandals and child molesters are almost never punished in western society, while people such as yourself protect them, is disturbing.

Did you really just compare drug addicts and petty thieves to child molesters? Sub-animals? What an utterly disgusting, morally contorted post. If not a troll then you're a bigot, or a religious extremist. Not even worth the time to respond to.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ultimatelizardman

@magicwand67: unlike a "common thug on the street", i do not wish to harm those who mind their own buisness and respect the rules of society

Forgive me if I don't believe you. But I wouldn't ever trust a thing you say a being truthful. There's a word for people with your mentality and it's called psychopathic.

wiki

is a personality disorder that has been variously characterized by shallow emotions (including reduced fear, a lack of empathy, and stress tolerance), coldheartedness, egocentricity, superficial charm, manipulativeness, irresponsibility, impulsivity, criminality, antisocial behavior, a lack of remorse, and a parasitic lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Did you really just compare drug addicts and petty thieves to child molesters? Sub-animals? Utterly disgusting, morally contorted post. If not a troll then you're a bigot, or a religious extremist. Not even worth the time to respond to.

Let's agree to disagree, as i have no interest in arguing with a bleeding-heart who dares to use terms such as "bigot", "extremist" and "troll" to refer to those who care about the innocent and their rights.

Just for the record, i have never once violated another person's rights in any way, shape or form.

@magicwand67: there's also a term used to refer to people such as yourself, it's called "amoral".

from google:

Amoral:

Adjective
Lacking a moral sense; unconcerned with the rightness or wrongness of something.
Synonyms
non-moral - immoral - unmoral
edit on 18-1-2013 by ultimatelizardman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
sad waste of life, yes there may be extenuating factors we are not aware of, though the video evidence looks grim.

Stealing is a burden for shopkeepers, but the guy was backed into an alley, there was 2 of them, he had no need to be choking him like that (the only way I could sort of understand is if there had been a weapon which the homeless guy attempted to use)

I'm all for self defence, but this does seem so fay beyond the line it isn't funny

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
SICK !! that is homicide right there. Cold and calculated. Everyone else involved are co-conspiritors and all should be either in prison for life or on death row.
The Police should be brought to account for their part of the injustice because if ANYONE other than those representing corporate interests had committed this henious crime, they would be facing such a punishment.
Bring them all to justice !!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Bad people think it's ok because they do these things as well.

Bad people exist in all jobs.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Just for the record, i have never once violated another person's rights in any way, shape or form.

That makes no difference as far as character and personality type is concerned.

Your lack of empathy and compassion for the senseless loss of life is proof enough for me.

Your statements made here are enough evidence to judge your character by.

@magicwand67: there's also a term used to refer to people such as yourself, it's called "amoral".

That's pretty funny (meaning hypocritical) coming from the person who has no sympathy for a man who was killed over a tube of toothpaste.

Talk about amoral.
edit on 18-1-2013 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by opethPA

This has to be the most mind-numbingly stupid thing I have ever read.

I'm not pulling any punches here because I read your other posts. Do you know how many stupid laws are in existence that you have probably broken without knowing? We could sit here and list tons of scenarios, but how 'bout just one:

edit on 1/18/2013 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

Please tell me exactly what I said that was stupid or w

I quoted what was painfully naive, and I also clarified a couple posts down.

edit on 18-1-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

So which one of my stupid and naive points do you disagree with? That he started this chain of events or the people thqt killed him are animals and savages?
edit on 18-1-2013 by opethPA because:

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by yadda333 This has to be the most mind-numbingly stupid thing I have ever read. I'm not pulling any punches here because I read your other posts. Do you know how many stupid laws are in existence that you have probably broken without knowing? We could sit here and list tons of scenarios, but how 'bout just one:
edit on 1/18/2013 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)
Please tell me exactly what I said that was stupid or w
I quoted what was painfully naive, and I also clarified a couple posts down.

edit on 18-1-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
Forgive me if I don't believe you. But I wouldn't ever trust a thing you say a being truthful. There's a word for people with your mentality and it's called psychopathic.

A psychopath is the epitome of a deceitful human being. They use personas & a mask of sanity to infiltrate a persons life, will alter the persons brain chemistry with psychological trickery, and then they'll suck the person dry --- financially and emotionally. Then move on to the next individual as if nothing ever happened. Same applies to financial/political elites who ruthlessly attain power, money, & lie every step of the way. I doubt the poster would be saying all that if he were a psychopath, unless the point is just to fire people up. Possible I suppose...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

The lack of empathy is the tell tale sign of a psychopath.

It's something that they have trouble hiding.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Partly correct, except they also have the ability to give the illusion of empathy. It's a dangerous thing to assert someone is a psychopath without fully knowing them on a personal level, or having them diagnosed by a professional. Shallow empathy does not make somebody a psychopath; in-fact a person can have multiple traits & still not be one. A true psychopath is the essence of evil.. a negative consciousness inside a human body. So again, I wouldn't use that label based on your perception of one or two traits.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Excessive levels of empathy is the main reason why the western world is over-run with pedophiles, armed robbers, home invaders, spree killers, arsonists, and other filth who almost always start off "small"; with crimes such as bullying, shoplifting and vandalism.

Also, note that i never said they all deserve to die. However i do believe they deserve a harsh punishment on the first offense to deglamorize crime and deter future offenses.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I will concede to the points you make.

Just for the simple fact that I do not wish to derail the thread any further.

I think it's very disheartening for me to hear someone say they have no sympathy for a person who lost their life.

When the person who died did not deserve to die and it could have and should have been avoided.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Not really man.. Not everybody cares about about news stories about someone being hurt across the country. People die and people are murdered every single day that the media doesnt bother to cover but we or (most people) are conditioned to only care and show outrage about the ones that make the news.
I think what happened to this guy is bs and this incident needs review by a grand jury but im not going to say im sick about it or offer fake condolences to his family, who i dont know and could care less what i say.
Thats just the way it is

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Excessive levels of empathy is the main reason why the western world is over-run with pedophiles, armed robbers, home invaders, spree killers, arsonists, and other filth who almost always start off "small"; with crimes such as bullying, shoplifting and vandalism.

Really? And what are you basing your opinion on?

Can you provide something to support this theory of yours?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

to death because it apparently ok to pursue and choke someone to death for petty theft

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Thats just the way it is

What you say may be true. That doesn't make it right.

I think the World needs more compassion not less.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Was the excessive violence because of the valuable toothpaste or the fact that the victim was homeless and therefore some how less than human.I had been jumped by a gang of 7 at the citie's bus station,was in coma for 3 days or so because I was homeless.My young attackers do these things for fun.Many people are one check away from the street and these stories digust me.What kind of society have we now?
edit on 18-1-2013 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Really? And what are you basing your opinion on?

Can you provide something to support this theory of yours?

You do not understand reality; you are rabidly "defending", via dishonest means such as ad hominems and appeals to predjudice, a world view which breeds pure evil and rampant danger by purposely ignoring, even aggravating, the catalysts of violent crime.

I'm done arguing with you.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I'm not going to hold your hand. You can easily go back to page 4 and see exactly what I quoted. It has nothing to do with what you just posted.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join