It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Captures Death of CVS Toothpaste Shoplifter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Wait, they have schools for gladiators?
reply to post by MystikMushroom

We actually call gladiator schools... The gym, The academy or The dojo depending on which martial arts your studying..

I simply refer to it as going to train, going to practice or just going to The gym.. We never use the words Gladitor School.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by ed1320

This man intends to choke the life out of his victim. If he knows the hold well enough to employ it, then he knows that continuously holding it like that will kill someone.

Really? did you have to go to gladiator school to learn that if you choke a person long enough they will die?

Wait, they have schools for gladiators?

Pssh, of course.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
If someone is so desperate that they have to steal a tube of toothpaste, GIVE him the tooth paste, and a toothbrush, and a bar of soap, and a couple of bucks if you can spare it. Why is it so hard for some people to look at the less fortunate and say, "What if that were me?"

Oh man! I gave you a star and was about to post how awesome you are....... until........

...I saw your signature.

That's not very cool Mr. VictorVonDoom. If Barack Obama burns for eternity in hell, then so shall we all, because we are not that much different from him. If we are, it's probably that we are worse.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
How in any circumstance is choking someone to death a form of self-defense?

I suppose if someone is in your house, had a knife that you knocked away, and it was either choke him to death or potentially let him get back to his knife while you tried going for the phone.

An unarmed man stealing a tube of toothpaste needing to be choked in self-defense? no way

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is one of the most horrific things I've seen lately. Not only did the manager choke him for minutes after he was already out, but the bystanders took part in punching his head & restraining him. The only thing that would've partly justified it is if the guy pulled a gun or knife, but even then --- he should have choked the man out, not choked him to death & then continue doing it just out of pure rage.

What's even sadder is the fact it was over toothpaste. Why the hell would you kill a guy who stole TOOTHPASTE. Sickening.

edit on 18-1-2013 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Stealing a tube of toothpaste is illegal.... not bad
Beating a person to death is both bad and illegal. So we agree there.

It's not the crime of the century. Petty theft is just that. PETTY. I probably stole more candy as a child worth more than this tube of toothpaste. I did the wrong thing. I wasn't considered a bad child.

edit on 18-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

I think that depends on your definition of bad.. Breaking the law is bad to me, it's pretty binary actually. I don't say "I only did this crime, im not that bad!" Someone makes a conscious choice to do something illegal then they have made the wrong choice and done something bad.

You can marginalize that all you want but the facts are if the guy didn't try and steal from a store, no matter how trivial that appears to you, then he would not have been in that situation.

This has to be the most mind-numbingly stupid thing I have ever read.

I'm not pulling any punches here because I read your other posts. Do you know how many stupid laws are in existence that you have probably broken without knowing? We could sit here and list tons of scenarios, but how 'bout just one:

I broke the fugitive slave law of 1850 by helping out a runaway slave form the antebellum south--am I bad? (this is a hypothetical to prove a point--I realize there is no way I could have broken this law as I was not alive during that time.....just in case somebody doesn't see what I'm doing here.)

edit on 1/18/2013 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Does anyone know the name of the pos scumbag who killed this guy? Anon should find his name, adress and phone number.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

I agree with you for the most part; except theft is accepted as a 'universal' type of crime. Throughout history it's always been that way.

Anyway, the death penalty for stealing toothpaste is beyond insane. I believe even harsher than penalties in fundamentalist Islamist regions? In those areas they usually cut off a hand...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

The point of contention is not whether or not theft was committed. My issue is that somebody is actually making a case for some sort of absoluteness of law and its being bound with morality.

The scary thing is that I've seen other posts on this thread that are as equally troubling.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by Raelsatu

The point of contention is not whether or not theft was committed. My issue is that somebody is actually making a case for some sort of absoluteness of law and its being bound with morality.

The scary thing is that I've seen other posts on this thread that are as equally troubling.

You're right... it's hard to believe people even come from that viewpoint. I've actually argued on the same thing with people before, and they typically never respond once you bring up examples of how a law =/= morality. Often the law is far more immoral than the "crime". The war on drugs is a great example. The elites commit some of the most egregious crimes possible, but get off with so much as a slap on the wrist. Examples such as the bank (HSBC) that recently was caught laundering money for the cartels.

Bankers and corporate elitist can steal billions if not trillions of dollars, and often they don't even get prosecuted. A poor or average man steals a dollars worth of toothpaste, and gets executed. That's as horrific & insane as it can get.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
He deserved it, and merits no sympathy.

Not because of the toothpaste, but because of the fact that he intentionally and unnecessarily violated another's property.
edit on 18-1-2013 by ultimatelizardman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ultimatelizardman

Disgusting post. I've personally had things stolen from me before, and I've had my personal property violated before me. Not for a moment did it come to my mind that the person deserved death. I may have gave the person a few punches in the face &/or verbally attacked them.... but execution. Really? Your post sickens me.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultimatelizardman
He deserved it, and merits no sympathy.

Not because of the toothpaste, but because of the fact that he intentionally and unnecessarily violated another's property.

Yep, let's instate the death-penalty for all shoplifters! Makes a lot of sense. He "deserved" it to be killed. Right.
/facepalm

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I maintain that he deserved it, and merits no sympathy.

He could have asked for some toothpaste, some soap or some change politely, but he made the choice to use deception in order to violate another's property which suggests that he had no legitimate motive to obtain the goods he sought; it's probable that he was looking for random crap to trade for drugs/drug money and that his addiction (and very possible violence) was known to the local populace, hence why they "joined in".

@raelsatu: how dare you protect those who are on the path to eventually stabbing/shooting/otherwise harming vulnerable people, such as the elderly and the handicapped, for meager sums of money.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I simply disagree but let me clarify what I disagree on..

This concept of "he was desperate just give the $2 item" That is not the way it works in the real world. What if 10 homeless people just like that person show up and expect a $2 item for free? It could and would add up rather fast so please show me what business could survive with that mentality.

Their are no winners in this..
1. The person that made a choice to break the law paid the ultimate price and lost his life.
2. The idiots that killed him made the choice to act like animals and savages. Really the only acceptable outcome for them is long prison terms.

All that being said the origin point still remains the person from number 1 who made the choice to put this speicifc course of events into action.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So every person that uses deceit or has stolen before deserves the death penalty? Great to know. Then 95 percent of human population deserves it, including you.

Him 'being known for being a local addict', how does that make it any more justifiable?? Apart from that being a baseless supposition on your part, there's a reason jail & the police exist. It's not so you and your buddies beat a man till he's unconscious & then continue to choke him until he's dead... Your perception of morality & punishment is quite disturbing.

how dare you protect those who are on the path to eventually stabbing/shooting/otherwise harming vulnerable people, such as the elderly and the handicapped, for meager sums of money.

So according to you the man is a dangerous addict who will stab, shoot & rob elderly/handicapped people?? I would love to know how you came to that conclusion.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I'm not pulling any punches here because I read your other posts. Do you know how many stupid laws are in existence that you have probably broken without knowing? We could sit here and list tons of scenarios, but how 'bout just one:

Please tell me exactly what I said that was stupid or wrong? Was it that part where I said the guy caused this situation by making a choice to steal something or was it the part where i called the people that killed him animals\savages and said they should go to prison because nothing about what they did was in self defense. I'm not going to debate if death is equal punishment for stealing a tube of toothpaste. Anyone with an ounce of humanity would agree its not. I am also not doing to debate the one and only cause of this situation and that was the person who chose to stole because that can't be disputed.

Which of those things is mind-numbingly stupid?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I maintain that he deserved it, and merits no sympathy.

I maintain that people with your attitude are a much bigger problem than shoplifters and petty thieves.

You're attitude is no better than any common thug on the street.

On topic - I am still wondering why the police did not try to assist the unconscious man. The police vehicle arrives on the scene pretty quick. He was only unconscious for a couple of minutes and if only they had tried to perform CPR perhaps he could have been revived.

The lack of concern by the police and all the bystanders is just shocking and very disturbing to me.
edit on 18-1-2013 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Your perception of morality & punishment is quite disturbing.

No. the fact that sub-animals such as thieves, junkies, vandals and child molesters are almost never punished in western society, while people such as yourself protect them, is disturbing.

@magicwand67: unlike a "common thug on the street", i do not wish to harm those who mind their own buisness and respect the rules of society.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Please tell me exactly what I said that was stupid or wrong?

I quoted what was painfully naive, and I also clarified a couple posts down.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join