It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Captures Death of CVS Toothpaste Shoplifter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by ed1320

This man intends to choke the life out of his victim. If he knows the hold well enough to employ it, then he knows that continuously holding it like that will kill someone.

Really? did you have to go to gladiator school to learn that if you choke a person long enough they will die?

I said I watch MMA enough to recognize when it is being employed. And it is intentionally lethal. That is why the move in "gladiator school" is a fight stopper. Immediately.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I read a post you made in your thread today.

Why don't you take your own advice, hmmmmm ?

Hey, we are having a conversation here about things mentioned in the OP. If you just want to put your generic gun control reply there are 10000000s of threads to do that on.

edit on 18-1-2013 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
This really sad. No one should die over toothpaste and I am surprised the store and the cops think this is okay.

Just goes to show the state of the world today. Human life is meaningless to so many.

Don't steal. If it were the police that did this I might have something to say. But it wasn't. It was a store manager. If a business owner accidentally kills someone trying to protect their property, oh well. Stop stealing...

I don't have much sympathy for thieves.

You just don't have much sympathy period if you think thats ok. Your probably one of those types that thinks he's a good guy.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
This really sad. No one should die over toothpaste and I am surprised the store and the cops think this is okay.

Just goes to show the state of the world today. Human life is meaningless to so many.

Don't steal. If it were the police that did this I might have something to say. But it wasn't. It was a store manager. If a business owner accidentally kills someone trying to protect their property, oh well. Stop stealing...

I don't have much sympathy for thieves.

Like I said earlier...human life is meaningless to some. I just hope that people that think like this are the minority.
edit on 1/18/2013 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Shoplifting is not a Capital crime....he was wrong to steal but death was not justice.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Really? did you have to go to gladiator school to learn that if you choke a person long enough they will die?

That sort of choke isn't an air choke.. It's a blood choke. We used it in Army training. It takes about 2-3 seconds to knock someone out with it, and after that it doesn't take long to kill..

Meanwhile Are you really defending killers?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

All I have to say is "wow", you are heartless.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
To choke the life out of someone then realising what you have done "you don't" help them and everyone there just looks on.
where I come from when someone is down you do what you can till a paramedic arrives but they all deemed his life wasn't worth saving and that wasn't there disision to make.

edit on 18-1-2013 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

Like I said earlier...human life is meaningless to some. I just hope that people that think like this are the minority.

I hope so too.

It may not be against the law to think like that. But people who do think that way are a much bigger problem in society than petty thieves.

The lack of compassion and sympathy for our fellow human beings, especially in matters of life or death, is a great illness that perhaps only Karma can cure.

If I had a choice to get rid of petty thieves or people who have no concern for the lives of others. It would be an easy choice for me. I would much rather be surrounded by thieves than people who think a tube of toothpaste is worth killing someone over.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I couldn't watch the video. Just don't want to see a man's last moments on tape. All set with that. :0(

Here's a link:

www.totalinjury.com...

What really gets me is:

Police said the struggle took place just before 11 a.m. on May 8, in the 2600 block of South Pulaski Road in Chicago. Apparently an off-duty Cook County Sheriff’s deputy stood by while the conflict ensued and did not interfere. The deputy was not named in the lawsuit.

An off-duty Cook County Sheriff’s deputy reportedly held her gun in her hand as the struggle ensued.

If the deputy was concerned enough to hold her gun in her hand....why didn't she do anything???

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
And BTW, what ever happened to human decency? A homeless man needed to brush his teeth. Give him the flipping toothpaste!!! My goodness. Shell out the 3-4$ and just give it to him.

Oh no, instead, we have some whack job who apparently thinks he's the jury, judge, and executioner, go out and CHOKE HIM TO DEATH OVER ***TOOTHPASTE***!

This made me sick to my stomach.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

....and this is what's so scary about the incompetent 'patriots' who INSIST on owning assault weapons! We obviously lack self-control, reasoning skills and/or empathy as a species.

I realize or at least HOPE I realize this is a real sad exception to the rule but--- it still shows Humans using savage means when words (or gentle restraint until police arrived) might've been more appropriate.

We're a very angry society by & large and people like Alex Jones don't help!!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Or maybe before everyone jumps on a business they should blame the person or people that made the choice to kill someone then on top of that they should blame the person that made the choice to steal something.

if the homeless guy didn't make the choice to steal toothpaste he would not have been in that situation.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
They captured the man so they could have gotten the item stolen from him. Turn him over to the cops for punishment if that is also wanted.

Hopefully then next moneyless person needing toothpaste will just brush their teeth in the store.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
They captured the man so they could have gotten the item stolen from him. Turn him over to the cops for punishment if that is also wanted.

Hopefully then next moneyless person needing toothpaste will just brush their teeth in the store.

I think you're adding your own fluff to this tragedy. You do realize this 'moneyless person' (that you're assuming also) was choked to death? Was the tube of toothpaste down his throat?

I think it's sad we have people in the year 2013 who are that hard up for a tube of $1.99 toothpaste? Perhaps instead of handing out methadone to the junkies
they can hand out toiletries to the needy...many of which are homeless Vets.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I will have to wait until the entire story comes out, there must have been a little more to this for so many bystanders to jump in like they did.
If they go after the manager they need to go after all those people who jumped in, but that kinda removes the race element and therefor does not make a "good" story.

And while it is easy to blame the big bad CVS if you notice the manager was holding him down while someone else was punching and kicking.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

CVS has the deepest pockets, so of course that is who is being sued. Follow the money. Interesting that the mother misses her son so much now she needs to sue CVS for millions of dollars, but did not give him a home or get him help when he was homeless back then.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by roadgravel

I think you're adding your own fluff to this tragedy. You do realize this 'moneyless person' (that you're assuming also) was choked to death? Was the tube of toothpaste down his throat?

I think it's sad we have people in the year 2013 who are that hard up for a tube of $1.99 toothpaste? Perhaps instead of handing out methadone to the junkies
they can hand out toiletries to the needy...many of which are homeless Vets.

What are you talking about? Toothpaste down the throat?

I posted they could have gotten the merchandise back and turned him over to the cops.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Interesting that the mother misses her son so much now she needs to sue CVS for millions of dollars, but did not give him a home or get him help when he was homeless back then.

How very cold and presumptuous of you to say such a thing. How do you know she's not in a convalescent home somewhere? Maybe they were estranged? Maybe she has mental/emotional issues? Maybe she suffers from cancer? I mean.........god gawd man! There's a host of reasons why their lives turned out the way they did. And I don't blame her one BIT for suing.

The killer (be it accidental, testosterone-driven or pure hatred) should be held accountable and if it's at CVS's cost....oh well. They hired him!

Perhaps CVS should've held more classes on how to apprehend a shop-lifter without killing them instead of how to stock a shelf properly

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by eXia7

....and this is what's so scary about the incompetent 'patriots' who INSIST on owning assault weapons! We obviously lack self-control, reasoning skills and/or empathy as a species.

I realize or at least HOPE I realize this is a real sad exception to the rule but--- it still shows Humans using savage means when words (or gentle restraint until police arrived) might've been more appropriate.

We're a very angry society by & large and people like Alex Jones don't help!!

Dude you have completely lost the plot! Why don't you stick with what your good at and go back to the ufo forum!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

That sort of choke isn't an air choke.. It's a blood choke. We used it in Army training. It takes about 2-3 seconds to knock someone out with it, and after that it doesn't take long to kill..

Meanwhile Are you really defending killers?

What do expect from someone with Ted Bundy as an avatar? And he probably has no clue concerning military training or anything in between. Taking someone's life over a fv@king tube of toothpaste is beyond appalling. When TSHTF, looking at The state of society as it stands, we're in for one hell of a ride.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join