It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porter Stansberry's New Prediction: Secret Plan For A Third Term...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I searched the board for quite a while looking for something on this, but I couldn't find anything. It would seem it's pretty new. I apologize if it's been posted already and if I got it in the wrong forum... Mods, do what you do best if you must....

So I got an email just .. ok not now, just over an hour ago. It came from Stansberry and Associates. In this video, which I recommend you watch, Porter Stansberry outlines how the up and coming Oil boom in America will put President Obama in such a position of political influence that he will be able to hold the office through to 2020. Stansberry even goes so far to say that Obama could even see a 4th term! I'm no expert in this area, and so I'm going to keep my opinions to myself since I can't really contribute any intelligent arguments concerning this. I invite you to click on the link and watch the video. I'm posting this because I'd like to hear what ATS has to say....

pro.stansberryresearch.com...

BTW, It might take a few minutes to load....
edit on 17-1-2013 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
cant watch video, but the law says only 2 terms right?

are you saying he plans to over throw the constitution?

do you think that would work?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu

FDR did it, and during a similar boom. The video takes a while to load, try again and wait a bit. It's pretty interesting and well worth the watch, even if you disagree.

*edit..

I kind of misread your post. I'm assuming you can't watch it because of some reason OTHER than it won't load!

In all honesty, I'm the wrong guy to ask for an opinion from! I really don't understand how Obama could get a third or even a fourth term. Its suggested that with the wealth about to flood America, the people will rally together and DEMAND that he gets a third term...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide

FDR did it, and during a similar boom. The video takes a while to load, try again and wait a bit. It's pretty interesting and well worth the watch, even if you disagree.

A few years after FDR did it they passed the 22 amendment.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

No FDR didn't do it. The 22nd Amendment didn't exist at the time President Roosevelt ran for his 3rd and 4th terms; it was merely custom and/or probably stressful to continue. The video is selling stocks most likely as Stansberry is known for scams and has already been nailed for them.

Post Script:

My advice to the OP...you obviously have access to the most powerful research tool mankind has had at its disposal, use it. You could have seen that Stansberry is a fraud and that Roosevelt did nothing outside of Constitutional standards in regards to holding office a 3rd and 4th time. I swear people are just lazy and unwilling to educate themselves.
edit on 18-1-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Before FDR it was just an unwritten rule because George Washington stepped down after 2 terms to avoid setting a precedent for the office of president lasting for life, like kings. After FDR died, they amended the constitution to make it official so another FDR situation could never happen again.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

No FDR didn't do it. The 22nd Amendment didn't exist at the time President Roosevelt ran for his 3rd and 4th terms; it was merely custom and/or probably stressful to continue. The video is selling stocks most likely as Stansberry is known for scams and has already been nailed for them.

Post Script:

My advice to the OP...you obviously have access to the most powerful research tool mankind has had at its disposal, use it. You could have seen that Stansberry is a fraud and that Roosevelt did nothing outside of Constitutional standards in regards to holding office a 3rd and 4th time. I swear people are just lazy and unwilling to educate themselves.

Wow. Really? Even after I admitted that I'm just posting this to get input from ATS users. After admitting that I'm the wrong guy to get an opinion from. You really had to come in here and insult me huh. Thanks! You're so much awesomer than me...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Probably has something to do with this:

H.J.RES.15 — Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual… (Introduced in House – IH)

Congressman Jose Serrano (D-NY) put forth a House resolution that would repeal the twenty-second article of amendment to the United States Constitution on Friday. This would effectively remove term limits on the Presidency should it be ratified by three-fourths of the States.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

At least one thread on it. There is also a thread from a few years ago that talks about the same thing from his 1st term.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

111th CONGRESS 1st Session H. J. RES. 5 Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President. IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES January 6, 2009 Mr. SERRANO introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary JOINT RESOLUTION Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

edit on 1/18/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

Notice that is the rep from NY . . . FDR indeed.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Researched...

wiki.answers.com...

Franklin Roosevelt was elected four times. He was elected in 1932,1936,1940 and 1944. He served three full 4-year terms and died three months into his fourth term. He first took office on March 4, 1933 and served until his death on April 12, 1945.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Wow. Really? Even after I admitted that I'm just posting this to get input from ATS users. After admitting that I'm the wrong guy to get an opinion from. You really had to come in here and insult me huh. Thanks! You're so much awesomer than me...

Time to get some thicker skin. You asked for input you got it; you just didn't like it. You are passing along information from a known scam artist and presenting false information. If that is an "insult" than so be it and you are quite welcome.

SEC fines Stansberry

ETA:
Good! The thing is, there was no limit in place as to how many times he could hold it. That came later after his death with the introduction of the 22nd Amendment that limits how many terms a person may hold the Office of the Presidency.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

And yet a member of Obama's party has presented bills at the beginning of each term to abolish the 22nd, regardless of Stansbury's cred.

However, I didn't watch the video so I don't know how he presented the info.

EDIT- I also see the parallel that this admin is trying to create with FDR, in more ways than just the term limits.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

I listened to the video. It has an exit box btw, that tries to grab your email address, it appears. This seems like hype and spin. In one breath this Stansberry character is saying the US is producing more exports in refined oil than we have imports (hence no related oil deficit) and then he says that the oil deficit makes up 44% of the total deficit. WTF? As soon as I heard that, I shut down the video. When I hear contradictions like that, I start smelling BS.

The whole presentation stinks of BS marketing to either enrich his firm or maybe he's an obama shill, who knows.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/18.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

It should be pointed out that the bill presented is a re-introduction of a bill originally presented in 2005 and every couple of years thereafter. '09, '11 and now '13....

Before that, others have attempted such legislation, it has nothing to do with Obama, Bush, Clinton, or Tom, Dick or Harry.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Well, it will have to do with one of them, if any of those last or first names are in office when there is enough support to push it through.

Like I said, I can't watch the vid so I have no idea what angle this guy is playing. Just remember seeing threads on the proposed resolution.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

*edit..

I kind of misread your post. I'm assuming you can't watch it because of some reason OTHER than it won't load!

In all honesty, I'm the wrong guy to ask for an opinion from! I really don't understand how Obama could get a third or even a fourth term. Its suggested that with the wealth about to flood America, the people will rally together and DEMAND that he gets a third term...

FDR could do it because it was constitutional at the time. He did such a horrible job it was decided to ratify a constitutional amendment limiting the President to 2 terms. You should read the personal letters and journal entries of his peers and what they said about how he had no idea what he was doing.

If that Amendment is repealed or ignored there will be some serious State endangering events happening.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

The only way for Obama to serve more than two terms is if like others here have said the 22nd Amendment is repealed. Right now as the Republican party is the majority in congress that seems highly unlikely. However a lot of these congressmen will be up for re-election in the blink of an eye, and if due to a PR smear campaign (such as the Democratic party will instigate if congress doesn't pass Obama's proposed automatic firearm ban) the Democratic party were to gain the majority in congress they could possibly pass such an appeal- most likely in the middle of the night when there aren't enough Republicans present to put up a fight.

new topics

top topics

join