It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best picture of ufo to date, taken by my son.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
is that the entire picture as it was taken?

to me it looks like a zoomed in and cropped part of a picture and not the entire picture.

edit on 18-1-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I call fake, pixels of background do not match object in photo... I could be wrong, but I'm going to stick with what I see.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Out of curiosity would this be the same son you saw the same (or similar) object with back in 2008 when you registered your account? Or is this a new incident, with your son exclusively?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Why not record it with your phone (movie)?

It looks very close, and easily seen. Why arent there other people taking pictures?

Why take only 1 picture?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
I call fake, pixels of background do not match object in photo... I could be wrong, but I'm going to stick with what I see.

I checked it in Gimp, same with it not matching. Here's how it looks in Photo Forensics - here.
edit on 18-1-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

That was my assessment as well. I am no photoshop pro and would love to hear what a professional has to say.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Why did the op not post the picture taken by their son

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by csuldm

well should of read all the input first
thats why i edited

but i think sightings reported to a ufo site like mufon and the likes

would make it more believable and credible
edit on 18/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pfawcett1

After this thread of a Mufon image I will take your thread with a pinch of salt.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yours a cropped picture no exif data I say fake!
edit on 18-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
pfawcett1
I think its a interesting picture and I'm glad your son sent it to mufon before you posted it here to get riped apart I'm sure mufon will look into this picture its very clear I'm happy that your son didn't delete it and i hope he is not so scared now seeing something like that would shake anyones world and more so with as big as he says it is..
Thank you for posting the picture and please keep us updated on what mufon has to say..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Here's the direct link to the MUFON photo, with the description:

I was at wl park doing basketball around 11 am when 2 pool cleaners screamed hey look, I looked at what they were looking at and saw a silver frisbee object. The one guy said he watched it shoot backwards then stay still and thats when he screamed for his friend to look which is when it got my attn. I ran over and they tried to take pics and there cellphones werent working so I ran back and got my camera that was in the truck. I just got back to a clearing by them when I zoomed in and took a picture, a second later it was gone it disappeared as if you stomped on a soda can to flatten it. After me and the pool cleaners talked about what we just saw and the picture on my camera wouldnt show up. When I putt the sd card in my computer when I got home it was there. Ive been scared to come forward because of gov and other people. Id like for someone to give me an answer Ive been having bad headaches and trouble sleeping at night since. I also noticed black helicopters in the air that day. All I know is that what me and the 2 others saw WAS NOT of this planet. If anyone wants too meet up and see the sd card with the original picture and pictures before and after please let me know.

The EXIF data:

...with no useful technical data (camera model, ISO, shutter speed, etc...) .... we can however say that:
- It's a PNG file, which is very unusual as the output file extend is usually JPEG. So the original JPEG file was very likely re-saved in PNG
- 24Kb is a very light weight for a photo
- The "deflate/inflate" tag compression is classic for a PNG file

If anyone wants too meet up and see the sd card with the original picture and pictures before and after please let me know.

Yes, please do!

Originally posted by Shdak

What you see are only 8x8 squares artifacts created from the JPEG compression, which is a Lossy compression format:

Those who use the World Wide Web may be familiar with the irregularities known as compression artifacts that appear in JPEG images, which may take the form of noise around contrasting edges (especially curves and corners), or blocky images, commonly known as 'jaggies'. These are due to the quantization step of the JPEG algorithm. They are especially noticeable around sharp corners between contrasting colors (text is a good example as it contains many such corners). The analogous artifacts in MPEG video are referred to as mosquito noise, as the resulting "edge busyness" and spurious dots, which change over time, resemble mosquitoes swarming around the object.

These artifacts can be reduced by choosing a lower level of compression; they may be eliminated by saving an image using a lossless file format, though for photographic images this will usually result in a larger file size. The images created with ray-tracing programs have noticeable blocky shapes on the terrain. Certain low-intensity compression artifacts might be acceptable when simply viewing the images, but can be emphasized if the image is subsequently processed, usually resulting in unacceptable quality.....

These are especially visible in low/medium JPEG formats, and at the objects edges and/or in contrast to a uniform background:

Playing with PS with such low-resolution pictures result most of the time to accentuate these JPEG artifacts and even create some that do not exist.

Similar examples:

Visible block structure and halos around edges are usually referred to as JPEG artifacts. Let's zoom in our example to see them better. From left to right, a crop from the original, JPEG Q80 and JPEG Q30 images. I marked artifacts in green (circles for halos, and dots for 8x8 blocks):

Originally posted by intrptr
I am wondering why the bottom of the craft is not completely in shadow then?

The lit up bottom would have to be caused by a bright reflection from the ground (or water maybe).

Yes! And the material of which this 'ufo' is made of have to be taken into account as well. Could very well be a shiny polish metallic surface like this hubcap for example:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

Nikon 26 zoom he was zoomed out as far as he could . he was getting ready for 2nd picture when it vanished the 2 workers that was thier said it colapsed in on it self like crushing a can. sorry for bits and pieces but this isn't over yet. and the report on mufon has it all it was not there for long so not much to say.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I'm glad a few like the picture. for those that don't my son and myself have seen more than this but never had a camera nearby. I love that everybody has thier own thoughts and I except that . now I laugh at all the people that think it's fake. All I know is it is real, ours or somebody elses I don't care I've personally seen two others as clear and in daylight one like a 747 and no wings. and alot of spheres. and yes I don't report them all.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

new one, closer than 2008 but he said it looked the same just alot bigger and clearer.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

pfawcett1,

Maybe that your son has taken the best picture of UFO to date. But maybe not.

It looks like an interesting one and I am sure that, as a father or mother (not sure), you must be proud and this could be why you shared it, but without the original picture, it's pretty much useless.

Your son claims on MUFON that he has the original on the SD card and yet we have this PNG picture that was modified (as it shows on elevenaugust's EXIF Data report) on January 18th while the original picture was taken on January 8th.

So now, my question to you would be: Why is that?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

rofl flight of the navigator!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Here are the red cautionary flags for me after just glancing at the photo (which wasn't too impressive) !
The adjectives. "Best" and "Scared" (and the added "he wanted to delete it" part)

Ordinarily (and I've been at this for some time now) when people take/submit UFO photos they are humble, confused, curious or modestly excited. They usually DON'T entitle their findings with "Best picture of UFO to date" That's a telltale sign of baiting or a forceful fake sell.

In addition, the fact that the parent is exposing this gets him/her off the hook of any direct questioning so this, in my opinion, from jump street has a lot of bells and whistles sounding and I personally am not buying it.

But I would like to know if English is the OPs native language though. So if you can answer that please, I'd appreciate it. But let me go on record, if the OP turns out to be bamboozling us I will request the Mods have him/her removed. And if I am wrong in any of my hunches, I will sincerely apologize but......I don't think that'll come to fruition.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by csuldm

Well he did take them to MUFON which is the right thing to do, instead of blasting it all over ATS and other sites first... I don't necessarily need a AWESOME back story to make something believable

FYI, mufon is full of fakes, it's almost like threads starting with closeups of saucers on ATS or like youtube, mufon is turning no diffefrent... and if some if you will be offended by that - one has to be objective,

when something is fake it's fake, the picture your son has taken is not made by his he dl-ed from mufon, full of fakes, great deal, move on

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
If it is real, then it'd probably be one of the few rare UFO pics that aren't actually blurry. ROFL

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Hi, welcome to ATS

Thanks for bringing this pic, it looks cool and I think it's interesting.
As others have said though, we need to see the jpeg from the sd card.
Could you get your son to upload it for us all?
Thanks

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join