It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just tried peer to peer campaigning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
(This is near the end the now-heated conversation)

And I asked a citizen about his view on Non-Profits and does he think it's right that the Conservative government privately audit the public documents. And these programs that the government is providing is paid via his tax dollars, but it isn't mitigated the Federal Government; it's mitigated non-profit corporations like United Way, and Alberta Blue Cross, and they all have access to lots of liquidity in order to build a large amount of assets to devalue the Canadian dollar. Do you think that's ok?

And he replied:

"Yea, Stephen Harper has always kept this economy going and he's creating jobs."

And I said:

"Yea. Through taxes. And it's being given the non-profits, and those financial statements aren't made public and have been destroyed, and are being with held, and are only available via my MP and I still haven't received them or an expected delivery date!"

And he said:

"You're a retard."
edit on 17-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Given the situation that most of the profits made from big multinational companies are spent outside of Canada, I don't see any problem with non-profit organization. Yes it keeps jobs rolling, which in turn keeps the economy rolling.

Profit in a sense is counter-productive, it means you could optimally create more merchandise for the same price or that somewhere, someone is being abused to gain that profit.

Those jobs are about the only thing that Harper is doing right with the American economy going down, it will help us keep us afloat, just like government and social jobs. It keeps everything rolling just like it should.

I'm telling you, most pure profits in Canada are not being put back in the Canadian economy, in fact, most pure profits around the world are being sucked away by the elite day by day and they aren't putting it back in the economy. They are only looking are their profits growing and playing around with our lives like pieces in a monopoly game.

Edit : Ah I just re-read your post and no, I do not think it's right that if profits are made, they shouldn't be in the hands of the government since they invested in the first place.
edit on 17-1-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

The problems that I have in conjunction with that statement is that an act such as the 'ABC Benefits' Act states
that Alberta Blue Cross retains the natural rights of a citizen, where as people such as you and I (tax denizens), only retain fundamental rights within the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Fair enough.

However, in the ABC Act, it also states that Alberta Blue Cross will act in the best interest of the corporation. Which means that the corporation is a society. Therefor Alberta Blue Cross has to provide the social services or products which are in the best interest of Canadian Provincial Societal Values. Because a majority of Canadians demand proportional representation whether or not you want to believe it.
edit on 17-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: Grammer

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You keep saying "these profits are spent outside of Canada." And nobody can ever tell me why, or how much each year from each multinational company. And it really doesn't matter. Because it's noise. The bottom line is that if multinational's - who are people just like you and myself - want to spend money inside the Canadian economy, then we have to attract money to Canada's economy. And I believe that can be preserved via not only an informed, but a creative, productive, wealthy, relaxed and respectful citizenry base. And that in turn will create future security for profit and growth in Canada's economy across all sectors of the economy

new topics

top topics

join