It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Paranormal Investigation team was interviewed on radio :)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

Originally posted by Jannell03
reply to post by pianopraze

We bought the bracket seperate form the light & camera. The bracket has the option for add what ever you want to it. Either 2 lights and a camera or 2 cameras & a light, well you get what I mean.

We got the bracket at ScareFest too!

Excellent! Great I finally have 2 members who know what they are talking about. I prefer to get people's opinion after they have used something to find the pros and cons before I buy anything. This looks just what I have been looking for....

We're a long way from being pros, but we are learning from the school of hard knocks...

... speaking of which, if you are ever investigating an old jail... DUCK!!!

I still have a knot on my head from hitting the hard iron entrance to one of the cells!

link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

So you are saying it screws into the base of the camcorder where the tripod can screw into as well?

Almost all camcorders and DSLR cameras have a female slot in the bottom. The tripods have a male screw which goes in this hole. This light has a female slot as well.

My light has a slot where other lights can be screwed into it for a total of 4 lights which means I could use both on same bracket if you see what I mean...

link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Great. I am so glad the we could be of help to you.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

reply to post by pianopraze

We bought the bracket seperate form the light & camera. The bracket has the option for add what ever you want to it. Either 2 lights and a camera or 2 cameras & a light, well you get what I mean.

We got the bracket at ScareFest too!

Excellent! Great I finally have 2 members who know what they are talking about. I prefer to get people's opinion after they have used something to find the pros and cons before I buy anything. This looks just what I have been looking for....

We're a long way from being pros, but we are learning from the school of hard knocks...

... speaking of which, if you are ever investigating an old jail... DUCK!!!

I still have a knot on my head from hitting the hard iron entrance to one of the cells!

I have always been fascinated by the paranormal but never been on an investigation as such. I could watch them all night but as always you get the frauds but you can spot them a mile away anyway....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I agree with you statement, but I assure you we are not one of those groups. We are learning more & more about the paranormal activity with each case we take on. They have all been different & unique.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The two of you have been of enormous help to me and I can't thank you enough.
One question I have as I said previously , how long approx does the battery last for and how bright is the image in the dark do you get outside and indoors?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I have always been fascinated by the paranormal but never been on an investigation as such. I could watch them all night but as always you get the frauds but you can spot them a mile away anyway....

Absolutely!

I started just to see for myself if this was real or just a bunch of psycho's and frauds.

The first time you catch an EVP it is really exciting because you KNOW there was no one else in the room!

I am a fairly hard core skeptic in some ways and Jan get's upset at me, but if you eliminate all the fluff, there is still plenty of hard evidence you can collect that shows SOMETHING is going on!!!

... I'm just a never ending supply of exclamations tonight
Must still be pumped from the interview.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just curious.
Have you caught anything on footage or pictures?

link   

One question I have as I said previously , how long approx does the battery last for and how bright is the image in the dark do you get outside and indoors?

6-8 hours per battery.

It goes out about 5-10 feet, but only illuminates once it bounces off something.

So if you have a wall close it will be bright, if you have no walls close it will seem dark.

Check out our videos for examples: link
edit on 17-1-2013 by pianopraze because: added link

link   

Absolutely!

I started just to see for myself if this was real or just a bunch of psycho's and frauds.

The first time you catch an EVP it is really exciting because you KNOW there was no one else in the room!

I am a fairly hard core skeptic in some ways and Jan get's upset at me, but if you eliminate all the fluff, there is still plenty of hard evidence you can collect that shows SOMETHING is going on!!!

... I'm just a never ending supply of exclamations tonight
Must still be pumped from the interview.

Good for you! I will listen to your interview in the morning when I get up, but it sounds really fascinating what you do...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Roughly 6-8 hours. But out last case when both of our cameras said the battery was dead, when I got home form the investigation to change out the dead batteries, both cameras said the batteries were fully changed.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Just curious.
Have you caught anything on footage or pictures?

Check out the two ATS thread links to our investigations in my OP — we have caught lots of EVP's.

No video of anything yet, just audio.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Yes we have caught things in pictures, mostly orbs and mist.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

6-8 hours per battery.

It goes out about 5-10 feet, but only illuminates once it bounces off something.

So if you have a wall close it will be bright, if you have no walls close it will seem dark.

We're those videos taken in complete darkness?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

6-8 hours per battery.

Absolutely.

You can see in 100 percent darkness with these cameras.

The IR illuminator provides light that the eye cannot see, but the camera picks up.

It is like an invisible flashlight.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

6-8 hours per battery.

Absolutely.

You can see in 100 percent darkness with these cameras.

The IR illuminator provides light that the eye cannot see, but the camera picks up.

It is like an invisible flashlight.

It's really clear there. I have CCTV cameras outside my house and they work like that. I used one in the house before I fitted it and the room was in complete darkness and when I checked in the other room on a monitor it was light a lightbulb had been switched on. Must be the same principle.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

It's really clear there. I have CCTV cameras outside my house and they work like that. I used one in the house before I fitted it and the room was in complete darkness and when I checked in the other room on a monitor it was light a lightbulb had been switched on. Must be the same principle.

Yes most of the home security DVR systems being sold have IR night vision cameras.

Infrared, night vision, night shot... all you IR (infrared) light which the human eye can not pick up but looks just like you are using flashlights on the IR cameras which can pick up that wavelength of light.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Yes most of the home security DVR systems being sold have IR night vision cameras.

Infrared, night vision, night shot... all you IR (infrared) light which the human eye can not pick up but looks just like you are using flashlights on the IR cameras which can pick up that wavelength of light.

A little question here for you as I'm not really up to speed about these lights. My camcorder has a lot of settings on it and records to either a hard disk or flash drive, 60gb drive,
Anyway, one of those settings is a low light night mode and I also tried an experiment where I put a remote control in front of it and saw the light when I pressed it. So I take it that it can see with IR light?
Also, while I,was waiting for a reply, my wife and I are watching a movie on the tv and I happened to look down at my iPad when it started to change pages on here by itself and went to all the paranormal questions I have asked tonight by itself without me doing anything! Bit spooky that or what?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

A little question here for you as I'm not really up to speed about these lights. My camcorder has a lot of settings on it and records to either a hard disk or flash drive, 60gb drive,
Anyway, one of those settings is a low light night mode and I also tried an experiment where I put a remote control in front of it and saw the light when I pressed it. So I take it that it can see with IR light?
Also, while I,was waiting for a reply, my wife and I are watching a movie on the tv and I happened to look down at my iPad when it started to change pages on here by itself and went to all the paranormal questions I have asked tonight by itself without me doing anything! Bit spooky that or what?

Most cameras can see into the infrared frequencies but that does not mean it has an infrared mode. These cameras have a better system. Look for "nightshot" on sony cameras or infrared on canons and phillips or 0 Lux on any of them.

Lux is the amount of light 1 candle puts out, so only cameras with 0 lux sensors will be able to see with IR illuminators, as they have IR capabilities, "low light" mode on camcorders is not the same... you should find the lux of the camera sensor buried somewhere in the manual or on the box.

I freak out electronics and people all the time, so I assign no meaning to it, unless, like our jail house case we just investigated, the EMF meeters are all going off, the camera batteries all go dead at once, and you catch EVP's at the same time... this happened last weekend... then you know you caught something!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Most cameras can see into the infrared frequencies but that does not mean it has an infrared mode. These cameras have a better system. Look for "nightshot" on sony cameras or infrared on canons and phillips or 0 Lux on any of them.

Lux is the amount of light 1 candle puts out, so only cameras with 0 lux sensors will be able to see with IR illuminators, as they have IR capabilities, "low light" mode on camcorders is not the same... you should find the lux of the camera sensor buried somewhere in the manual or on the box.

I freak out electronics and people all the time, so I assign no meaning to it, unless, like our jail house case we just investigated, the EMF meeters are all going off, the camera batteries all go dead at once, and you catch EVP's at the same time... this happened last weekend... then you know you caught something!

My camera is a Panasonic SDR-H80 but will need to see if I can find the manual somewhere or on their website...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join