It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Australia women calls on ban on Boomerang in Controlled Weapons Act

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Yep!
Our premier is supporting calls to cull the sharks that come within certain regions of our beaches. In other words we are hunting and killing them so the surfers can enjoy their sport, in you know, the open ocean.

Trust me, there's a massive debate over it here, and it's quite ironic because we jump at the Japanese for whaling off our shores. Bunch of f*cking hypocrites!

I ride a motorbike, i've jumped out of a plane... these activities i have taken knowing full well of the outcome.

I fell off my motorbike and wrote it off. I jumped back on because i simply enjoy it too much. Some people call me an idiot, but you know what? i understand why they say it. I fully acknowledge what may happen every time i get on it!
These surfers should see it no differently - but common sense was never very common. Like another poster here said, the Americans aren't holding any records as far as stupid people are concerned.
edit on 18-1-2013 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I did preface my question.

No I am not from a small town.
I grew up in some of the tougher areas of Sydney in the 60-70's & those wonderful 80's.

I do now live in a small coastal village by choice; so that my kids can experience the best that Oz has to offer, I am not going to explain it, as you will know what I mean if you are fair dinkum.

As kids we played footy, played soldiers, played race car drivers on our bikes, we played long and hard.
( we also blew up letterboxes on cracker night ... no more bonfires - that sucks lol )

Some of your references just had me wondering, that's all ... no offense meant.

edit on 18-1-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

Any fat redneck or skinny retarded kid can blow away a group of defenseless humans with an AR-15.
Americans can laugh and joke all day about this weapon, fact is, inside 200 meters you couldn't run your fat ass fast enough, as one of these in the right hands will remove your head from your body.

I think you may be overstating things a bit, tad, squelch
if you are trying to say a boomerang is lethal and you can’t dodge it from 200 meters or over two football fields away.
if you are talking about an AR-15 it won’t take your head off but your right you can’t dodge bullets.

BTW I know a boomerang can be lethal but same with a stick or rock.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Nah, I'll take the AR15. Thanks...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Me too.

I was just lightening the mood from the one who was trying to make out boomerangs like they were elephant guns or something.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
No way. This has got to be a joke right?

I can’t stop laughing.

Me thinks one day they will only be allowed to use plastic eating utensils and only own scissors of the safety variety.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: you cant make this stuff up

and these they will colour code just to frack with your mind further
oh yes they will!

I read this entire thread back the front and understood every word/convo

Great laugh, thanks op a bunch x

did you notice how we ignore the spelling police because it actually doesn't matter? get with the lingo man.

Who created their own language? Huh?!

io!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I have studied boomerang related violence for decades, and i can say with authority that incidences like this are on the rise-

Sorry i couldn't finish that sentence with a straight face.

Just another person trying to cash in on the weapons control debate. Maybe today tonight will listen to her plight.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Yep, they will be safety scissors.

And thou shalt not be permitted to run with aforementioned scissors...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

Hah! I know a very sexy Sam the American(older fellow), who threw his 87 year old mother out of a plane for her birthday!
"Just get her in and strapped up boys don't talk to her, she'll be right"

Clearly he has intergated just nicely in Australia, she'll be right indeed!
incidentally she is still alive, and the queen's got nothin' on that woman.

Get rid of your premier or take it for a deep sea swim to face it's unknown rediculous fears, but burleigh up first, an after grog spew works best for fish, fish blood for sharks, you get the picture
........just kidding!.....I swear!

I say 'IT' because I'm busy banana bending over here and have no idea if your premier is male, female or ish.
It's just stupid and irrisponsible and it doesn't live within nature, clearly.
Respect nature and it wont bite you. duh!

My 14 year old son, who looks me in the eye likes to throw himself about the place too, I quite often wet my knickers while we laugh together over his epic fails (I'm very good with first aid by the way) Him and his mates though, are amazing.
I would never dream of stopping him from persuing what livens him just because I had a fear, he has shown me so much, but he has also shown me what a human body is capable of, since I was so conservative with myself-ish.

Some of the stuff they attempt and a vid he showed me...
link

and another

You live it, we watch it and the cumulative energy keeps it all going, so thanks for being an adreneline junkie, you rock!
=free

Simplifying a safety agreement no sue/no retaliatory kill clause. Just an idea this mother is okay with....

"I know I might die doing this (sign here.......................................................)"

simple...how is that hard?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
LMAO Hell to the naw

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
Next time you should come to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot.You can shoot anything from Tommy gun
to a Mini Gun or even a Quad Fifty.Fun,for the whole family.

Warning to all governments, do not invade northern Kentucky, you may get shot by the local people.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

Don't forget your ear protection or wallet.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wonder if they will ban paper due to too many papercuts

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

No offence taken

I think the kitty avatar doesnt help

Born and bred in Melb, lived Syd for about 1 year (hated it) and Perth for around 8 months.
Didnt leave Oz for the first time till 4.5 years ago but have barely been back since LOL.

Gotta be honest with ya mate, I actually worry Im losing a bit of my fair dinkumness

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You just reminded me....!

do they call it 'knob creek' becaue there's no 'flanges' or 'mutchi tutschis' (family affectionate name for said apparatus) allowed? (ie for the boys only) like penis creek or something like that.......? honest question I swear.

I have only ever used the term 'knob' in a derogatory term/way, just sayin'. Language barrier at work....beware...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Does this mean they are also going to ban the foam type boomerangs? Because when those hit you, they don't hurt really lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Don't know
The funny point is it is in West Point Ky.

How do you pronounce the capital of Kentucky, Louieville or Louisville?
edit on 18-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: video

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

It's ok mate, you can take the Aussie out of the country ... etc.

Travelling is a buzz, have fun with it. Do you notice different liberties wherever you may find yourself?

Oz. must be the most anal when it comes to " fun toys that may hurt ".

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
ohhh drats!!!
How will I be able to learn to throw one now???
You mean that I will never find out which end is the correct?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Time to call the Ghost Busters as our last literal line of defense against Tyranny

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I wish I had a witty comment for this gem. But I just really really dislike overweight children. SMH.
Too the people who are worried about martial law, the best advice I could give is to get your body in shape(it already should be) Old saying "its about the Indian, not the bow and arrow"

BANGARANG

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join