It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Australia women calls on ban on Boomerang in Controlled Weapons Act

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Bugger! I see flame throwers are out too!

No fun around here anymore ...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

They might be. Or a certain someone may

I went there about 10 years ago and it wasn’t that bad I had fun but I don’t think it would be worth going back again they have taken things too far. When I heard that they banned slingshots my jaw dropped I mean really slingshots??? Yesterday the guy said they would lock you up for a paintball gun it’s a toy.

They have taken nanny state to a whole new level.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tonybotzo

LOL to funny that's gonna come back lol just more proof that people are stupid
I guess we have reached the Age of Enlightenment no more need for common sense

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

American (seppo): What do you do for fun?
Aussie (Boomeranger Chucker): Surf!
American (Seppo): After that?
Aussie(Boomerang Chucker): Surf!!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Anyone interested should take a look at some of the things Australia has banned.

Some literature, video games, films, Websites they had even banned Wikileaks for a while.

Yo-Yo Water Balls, Inflatable toys, novelties and furniture containing beads, Miniature motorbikes (Monkey Bikes), Novelty cigarettes (Puff Cigarettes), Pools and spas with unsafe design features, Sky lanterns, ■Sunglasses & fashion spectacles Regulated, Tongue stud (no holes)Regulated, ■Contact lenses (novelty & cosmetic),■Dummies (flashing imitation dummies)Regulated, ■Toy guns & other projectile toys Regulated, Trampolines,

This is a small list of regulated or banned items. Nanny state indeed.

Looks like the government and the nannies have all the power there. Did you notice Yo Yo was on the list? It is funny but I am not laughing for some reason maybe because it is kind of sad some of it is just ridicules. It looks like even toy guns are banned. There is a huge culture gap between us and them.

www.sapolice.sa.gov.au... even more stuff. And yup throwing stars are on there.

Even those oh so dangerouse laser pointers.

Some laser pointers are now a prohibited weapon

On 17 April 2010 a regulatory amendment to the Summary Offences (Dangerous Articles and Prohibited Weapons) Regulations 2000 SA will come into effect making hand-held laser pointers designed or adapted to emit a beam greater than 1 milliwatt (mW) a prohibited weapon.

Should you need to surrender your laser pointer, you can do so at any police station without fear of prosecution.

It is an offence to possess or use, manufacture, distribute, sell, supply or otherwise deal in prohibited weapons. The penalty for this offence is up to two years imprisonment or a fine up to $10,000.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: you cant make this stuff up

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Wow, although most of the stuff on the list are weapons ( laser pointer being a noteable exception).The use of them in a crime has to be few and far between.You are right about nanny state! I guess the saying of "It's all fun and games, until you put someones eye out " has been taken literally by the goverment.

I wonder if " A Christmas Story" has been banned .Because of the Red Ryder BB Gun?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

It is probably on the ban list of films. I edited to include the law on laser pointers.

I think I understand why Aussies are harping on us about guns they live in a nanny state. They fail to understand the US isn’t like and island and we have outside influences. I don’t want anything to do with their laws. I bet is 10 years they will have another long list of banned items. They don’t seem to want personal responsibility.

They have run to the government to solve all their problems and have handed over their freedoms.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

G,day mate. yep some water pistols were also banned. result of a bloke in victoria square in adelaide squirting people as they got of the tram. the south aussie police star force (swat) went after hime with mp5's and flak jackets. actually people complained about possible eye injuries from some super soakers, result. banned. just had to thro in the star force farce. i remember when the boys from swanbourne in wa called the sa star force a frigging joke.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

OMG dude that is ridicules. I was joking about squirt guns but they are banned. Can you guys even have fake toy cap guns? I feel for you guys I really do.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
I guess the saying of "It's all fun and games, until you put someones eye out " has been taken literally by the goverment.

Don’t tell them about the people that have used their fingers to poke someone’s eyes out!!! They will want to ban fingers next.

What will you do when they come around to confiscate your fingers?

“Don’t worry… it won’t hurt …… Much……”

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

My feelings are a whole lot simpler.As with most rage it boils down to two things.Jealousy and envy, nothing will make a person more upset.To see another person with something you know you can't have,be it a hot chick,fast car,big house or a gun.The most basic human nature is envy, self esteem causes most human emotion.If you feel you are not equal ,you resent it.
edit on 17-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think this News story is like a boomerang
it was last Updated October 31, 2011, 2:25 am

and it came back
from your link

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
"You'll get my boomerang when stops returning to my hand."

For me it is a symbol of cultural identity. One easily recognized the world over. But such is the way of the world when you allow others to determine what is inappropriate for you.

But even Nerf hasn't made one in years. I had a yellow one.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I think that plays into it some. I think they have taken things too far in the name of public safety. There have been some Aussies that have stated on here that some areas are crime areas where guns are readily available just not to the law abiding public. Next time anyone claims that Australia’s gun ban has done good I will point out the harm it has inflicted by unarming those who have a right to defend themselves and then point out how the government has gone overboard.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

My feelings are a whole lot simpler.As with most rage it boils down to two things.Jealousy and envy, nothing will make a person more upset.To see another person with something you know you can't have,be it a hot chick,fast car,big house or a gun.The most basic human nature is envy, self esteem causes most human emotion.If you feel you are not equal ,you resent it.

You can imagine how I felt when I visited your fine country back in '05.
From surplus stores to security supply outlets and a gun range in Vegas where you could hire and fire just about
anything you could afford ammo for ... I was like a kid in a candy store ( with my parents saying NO! )

Don't let 'em take your toys. ( knitting needles are probably the next to go for us ... pffft! )

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

G,day mate. yep saw cap guns in store over christmas. mothers have complained and stores have removed them at times. i was rather surprised. so, i stood there smiling. now in relation to pointing the finger gun a copper mate has assured me it can be classified as a threat and you can be charged. that is why i keep defending you blokes and your right to firearms. aussie is stuffed now. they wont be happy till a bloke has to sit down every time he wants to go to the head. so. can i claim i'm a reffo and come over. heck i got relatives in the states. frig, there is even a town that goes by my last name. have been told that regulations for the remaining firearms and bows are on the govt back shelf

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

G.day mate. you could try looking up a old rock song from early sixties a pom called charlie drake and the song is called my boomerang wont come back. you will get a laugh. good luck

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

Sure come on over I think you would do just fine here.

Ya know it is only a matter of time before someone snaps and there is another massacre and it will not matter what the laws are or where you live because if there is a will there is a way. What matters is after does the government try to make more laws banning whatever they used or does the government deal with the real problem which is the person who snapped and figure out a way to keep that type of person from falling through the cracks.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

You can imagine how I felt when I visited your fine country back in '05.
From surplus stores to security supply outlets and a gun range in Vegas where you could hire and fire just about
anything you could afford ammo for ... I was like a kid in a candy store ( with my parents saying NO! )

Don't let 'em take your toys. ( knitting needles are probably the next to go for us ... pffft! )

Next time you should come to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot.You can shoot anything from Tommy gun
to a Mini Gun or even a Quad Fifty.Fun,for the whole family.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

About the only form of defence against armed home-invaders we have, is a well aimed frisbee.

They are even trying to take away our more aggressive dogs.

Yes a nanny state, run by a nanny goat.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join