It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If not made by intelligent extraterrestrials, what explains crop circles?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There are many have that have anomalies and huge ones that appeared suddenly. While I believe that ET is invovled in some of it, HAARP and that kind of technology is quite capable of producing a crop circle quickly and it would also explain some of the anomalies found in the plant material.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
A simple celled organism, which is much more complex and intricate as said "crop circles", is said to have come into existence by random chance. Why is it so hard to accept that crop circles just happen randomly without cause.

*sarcasm*

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I have no problem with the idea that people are making crop circles, but I refuse to believe that the first ever crop circle was man made.

It was started either by aliens,
by some sort of inter dimensional creature or
by "someone" using a photoshop tool for another reality...that would be if ours is a virtual created reality.

I wouldn't discredit alien existence because we can create them with CGI, then I will not discredit the alien origins of crop circles just because some humans can replicate it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends

Don't get me wrong, I do find the subject extremely interesting. And, from what I've seen, there have been some incredibly complicated designs. Am I open to other ideas, absolutely, willing to listen and think about the possibilities......but I still think the simple and most logical answer is that they are man-made.

Peace!! ID

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: structure

What we should be seeking here in trying to understand crop circles is not the "simplest" or "most logical" answers, for these don't guarantee truth in themselves, being artificial criteria used in desperation when no ready explanation is forthcoming. Indeed, the argument that crop circles are all manmade fails miserably to account for the circumstances during which some were reported to have appeared, e.g., heavy rain but no footprints in the soft, muddy soil and no broken stalks (a miraculous impossibility if stomping was only involved). Rather, we should be seeking the "most plausible", i.e., most probable, explanation. Unfortunately, different people differ in what they judge to be most plausible because they have different judgements about what is, and what is not, possible, as well as different degrees of information about the crop circle in question. If you think HAARP can microwave crops in fields into highly intricate patterns from thousands of miles away, then you are welcome to your fantasy, but I don't believe a word of it. It's just an internet speculation with NO experimental evidence supporting it. Besides, it does NOT explain why one or more HAARP facilities would focuss so much attention on the same old fields in Wiltshire year after year after year. If it were really doing this, crop circles would appear in any field of Britain or be just as common in many other countries, whereas this is not the case.

People who want the simplest or most logical explanation are merely trying to exclude from the outset all paranormal explanations that don't fit their narrow world-view. It amounts to begging the question. Occam's Razor is an unscientific methodology for explaining phenomena when the explanation in question cannot account for their details. It is useful only for deciding between theories that are equally supported by the data. Science should consider ALL possibilities - even those that don't fit the current scientific paradigm - and be honest enough to admit that it has no conventional explanation for ALL crop circles other than to scream "hoax" without supporting evidence, even in circumstances that sometimes argue strongly against this possibility.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Khedwulf

There is a good possibility since they contain microwave energy and radiation in the nodes that these are someones advanced weapon satellite in space that can shoot down images onto the ground. The reasons for this could go on and on from a social experiment to seeing who can crack a codes hidden within (maybe NSA) as a recruiting tool. could be a way to communicate to other ET's like i said the list could go on and on.

makes you think thats for sure

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm a living crop circle !

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
There are many have that have anomalies and huge ones that appeared suddenly. While I believe that ET is invovled in some of it, HAARP and that kind of technology is quite capable of producing a crop circle quickly and it would also explain some of the anomalies found in the plant material.

And here we go again ... how about you show us that HAARP would be even remotely capable of creating a crop circle.

Wont hold my breath on this one, but have to at least give you the opportunity.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by ItDepends

Don't get me wrong, I do find the subject extremely interesting. And, from what I've seen, there have been some incredibly complicated designs. Am I open to other ideas, absolutely, willing to listen and think about the possibilities......but I still think the simple and most logical answer is that they are man-made.

Peace!! ID

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: structure

What we should be seeking here in trying to understand crop circles is not the "simplest" or "most logical" answers,

Huh??
You've got to be kidding, what is wrong with "simple" and "most logical" Why would you NOT start there?

for these don't guarantee truth in themselves, being artificial criteria used in desperation when no ready explanation is forthcoming.

desperation??
You've got that wrong, desperation? How about some good old common sense first?

Indeed, the argument that crop circles are all manmade fails miserably to account for the circumstances during which some were reported to have appeared, e.g., heavy rain but no footprints in the soft, muddy soil and no broken stalks (a miraculous impossibility if stomping was only involved).

I beg to differ, if that is ok with you!
Humans have been known to be quite intelligent and clever. We know that 'people' have made crop circles, we have absolutely no proof of any other event happening, except for CGI. You say: "Failed miserably" is just denial, we know of two old guys (Dave and Doug) in England who came forward after over a decade of making these crop circles that fooled everyone, by just using some boards and rope......people swore they were from out of this world....failed miserably....not buying that!

Rather, we should be seeking the "most plausible", i.e., most probable, explanation.

That's exactly what I said!!!
Now I am really confused about your position.

Originally posted by ItDepends ................................but I still think the simple and most logical answer is that they are man-made.

People who want the simplest or most logical explanation are merely trying to exclude from the outset all paranormal explanations that don't fit their narrow world-view.

No, people who try to explain things by first looking at a problem in its simplest and most logical form, are intelligent........to imply that they are merely trying to exclude something else is ridiculous. You said it yourself, what is the most plausible cause......I think it is foolish to label a person who uses Occams Razor as having a narrow world view, as an individual unwilling to accept the obvious, and immediately runs to a knee-jerk reaction, that it has to be unearthly or some paranormal activity. I don't believe that is being very open-minded.

Anyway................perhaps?

lol:

Peace!! ID
:
edit on 18-1-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have yet to see a "Human" made crop circle
(team Satan included ) on par with
the intricacy and precision of say this one.
The largest "unknown maker" crop circle.
www.mysticfamiliar.com...

The giant human butterfly that was made by known builders;
with all that time and all that work still doesn't compare to
the big one linked above which appeared overnight.
Why still make them again and again if they are such well known
hoaxes? You'd think they'd lose interest.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

just fyi, your link doesn't work.

But why? Some people just have huge ego's and get a high off of pulling things off and watching people believe it was something else......similar to an arsenist, love to set fires and stand back and watch sometimes to see all the commotion. And people will do this over and over again, and then there are copycats for the same reason.....Ego!!

Peace!!! ID

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

You havent researched it much have you?? Humans have already shown how complex crop circles can be done over just a single night. Why is it so damn hard for you to believe that it was made by humans?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Well, that is fair enough, sir. Put me in my place on that video.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

Your question is:

If not made by intelligent extraterrestrials, what explains crop circles?

The answer is:

Humans.

google is indeed your friend!................we have been creating crop circles for decades....why on earth would you think they have anything to do with aliens?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Rejecting the alien hypothesis we must ask how man makes crop circles.
The normal human brain becomes puzzled at this endeavor and resorts to the alien.
The human plank method or similar applied force method seems reasonable.
Human imaging computer pixels can help even when there is no circle.
Thus with none of the above we have an unknown human method for crop circles.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

It's funny... a few posts above yours I provide a quote by Matthew Williams which points to the lie which the human/alien, the real/hoax dichotomy is. But you seem to have completely missed out on that realization, instead opting for a superficial, black-and-white understanding.

PEOPLE, THE REAL/HOAX, HUMAN/ALIEN DICHOTOMY IS FALSE. STOP THINKING IN BLACK-AND-WHITE TERMS.

It's annoying.

edit on 19-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Thanks, Heres another great video from Mathew Williams about how he and others made 100's of crop circles.

edit on 19-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Crop circles are man made.

Source

The concept of crop circles began with the original 1970s hoaxes by Bower and Chorley. They said that they were inspired by the Tully "saucer nest" case in Australia, where a farmer found a flattened circle of swamp reeds after observing an UFO. Since the 1960s, there had been a surge of UFOlogists in Wiltshire, and there were rumors of "saucer nests" appearing in the area, but they were never photographed. There are other pre-1970s reports of circular formations, specially in Australia and Canada, but they were always simple circles, which could have been caused by whirlwinds.

You can find an abundance of information on Bower and Chorley using that link. It's makes for quite an interesting read.

And more recently:
Source

John Lundberg and his collaborators - including Rod Dickinson, Gavin Turk, Simon Bill, Wil Russell and Rob Irving - followed after Doug Bower and Dave Chorley in anonymously creating their own crop circles at night. Sometimes treated as not only authentic but as "significant" by paranormalists.

John Lundberg is responsible for hundreds of documented crop circles. He has also created a website where you can keep up to date with his teams activities. Circle Makers

Personally, I do not know why anybody could think that extraterrestrials would travel to our planet to create these crop circles. Do you think they treat our planet as though it is Microsoft Paint?

I'm sure if they wanted us to know something, they would quite simply tell us.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that even our government could do this from space. A projector/laser hooked to a computer could make the grass bend in a determined way using specific frequencies that would cause either a growth to a certain side of the grasses/grains causing them to bend or a shrinking of the fiber on one side of the polarity to make things bend how you want. It would have to be from something stationary and it would have to have a high power. I think there would need to be something buried in the area or brought to the spot temporarily to make this work also.

If it was caused by a communication from somewhere else, it could direct people to be programmed to do this perfectly as a sign that there is something we need to create or just to communicate something to us that we should be able to recognize. It could be a warning also.

I can think up a lot of possibilities, none of which I can say are provable. Some are possible while not probable. Seems strange that someone could do such a massive and spectacular crop circle in one night by mechanical means. Some technology would have to be used.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I'm pretty sure that even our government could do this from space. A projector/laser hooked to a computer could make the grass bend in a determined way using specific frequencies that would cause either a growth to a certain side of the grasses/grains causing them to bend or a shrinking of the fiber on one side of the polarity to make things bend how you want. It would have to be from something stationary and it would have to have a high power. I think there would need to be something buried in the area or brought to the spot temporarily to make this work also.

If it was caused by a communication from somewhere else, it could direct people to be programmed to do this perfectly as a sign that there is something we need to create or just to communicate something to us that we should be able to recognize. It could be a warning also.

I can think up a lot of possibilities, none of which I can say are provable. Some are possible while not probable. Seems strange that someone could do such a massive and spectacular crop circle in one night by mechanical means. Some technology would have to be used.

1. Why not just use a plank of wood, some rope and surveyors tape? Why would you need to have robotic lasers operating from space to make pretty circles?

2. If our government were to create these, what's the point? Honestly what is the point?????

3. I take it you did not use my sources directly above your post?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by angryhulk

Some of these circles can't be made with ropes and boards.
I know there are artists out there but it would take some sort of global positioning to create some of these. Since global positioning systems are very poor it would seem to me it couldn't be done unless using a stationary satellite global positioning system which most of our satellites are not unless military. I've tried tracking with global positioning and walking right back along the same trail often showed from ten to fifty feet off.

Obviously you have not tried anything like this. Sure, some can be created by traditional means but not to the perfection that I am seeing. You can see imperfection in most of them but some are almost perfect and so complex. Some of the evidence also shows a folding of the stock that is not one that would be created by conventional mechanical means. These are the ones I am referring to, not the regular mechanical manmade ones. If you have ever dragged something through the field you will also see that half the grass goes back up. I see this in some of the crop circles but not all.

So say only ten out of a thousand are questionable, that doesn't mean that the nine hundred ninety explain those ten. I don't use evidence that is not applicable to explain things myself unless I state that it may have been or it is possible that. To deny something without applicable evidence is crazy. I'll just say that all options are still on the table in my mind on these till I meet someone in person who does one of these extremely complex and perfect ones in a night. Even then I would be skeptical that the person is the actual creator because I know too many people who take credit for others creations

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join