It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If not made by intelligent extraterrestrials, what explains crop circles?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide
The only thing that bothers me about the Hoax argument is that it has been suggested that crop circles have been appearing as far back as 2000 years ago. I can't find the article I read, but I'll search for it. If I find it, I'll put it up.

I can accept that SOME of the crop circles were made by humans, but there are some that seem to be too complex for someone to do at night in a few hours. Given that they are so well constructed and so massive, I have a hard time believing that there were made by us simply because most people on the planet can't draw a picture with their eyes closed! Know what I mean? Unless they had a high enough vantage point to overview the creation, it would be pretty damn hard for them to get the near perfect geometries that we see....

Just my 2 cents. I'm on the fence about it to tell you the truth.

Way back in 2007 in one of my first threads ever I suggested that we do a Crop Circle experiment. Find an open field and start the basic outline of a crop circle. Something simple, like a depiction of our solar system. But leave it incomplete and tell NO ONE about it. My logic is that maybe IF aliens are involved, they'd take the invitation to finish it....

The last 10,000+ crop circles started around1990 if not a bit sooner. But they COULD date back to the 1600's with the Mowing Devil (not sure if I quite buy the two phenomena being the same)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Never mind my post above. I misread what that poster was saying. Sorry. (I am using up all my editing privileges so trying to conserve)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Perhaps humans could make the relatively basic circles. Though a fairly basic design still takes a good four hours or so. Can someone please explain the video above?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
www.youtube.com...

Perhaps humans could make the relatively basic circles. Though a fairly basic design still takes a good four hours or so. Can someone please explain the video above?

Its a fake ,please watch the video in post www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

It's not all the time. Most crop circles appear throughout the summer months and at certain times of the day. Usually nighttime. Most likely the time that satellite or satellites are orbiting the area. How would England know what or whos doing it since most think it's people with boards or Aliens? I know humans are amazing but no way are we creating in short time spans what is being discovered. Some of the simple ones yes, I can accept people are imitating them, but not ones like the alien or the face that appeared 3d.

Could it be Gaia? Could be, but it also could be some kind of weaponry that is orbiting the planet.

The military had high power microwave technology which they were using as a direct energy weaponry since at least the 70's. This is when circles really started to appear elaborate rather than just simple swirls in the grain. As the decades past the circles became more elaborate, just as the high power microwave technology happened to be advancing. Then in the 80's Reagan pushed for 'star wars' type defense which was most likely already in the works since Tesla discovered direct energy could be used as a weapon roughly a 100 years ago.

The capability for the Government to do this does exist.
edit on 17-1-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

I hear what you're saying
however, although this is a global phenomenon they predominantly appear in the Northern Hemisphere with Southern England taking the lead.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by ItDepends
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

If not made by intelligent extraterrestrials, what explains crop circles?,

ummm, can we start with intelligent and clever humans first?

Peace!! ID

Who would go to all that trouble, and for what reason?

The creators of the large complex circles never come forward and remain unknown, so they obviously dont do it for fame, so why?

It's my belief that at least SOME of them are created by alphabet agencys, trying to keep those with open minds busy.

I understand your point. But, you ask for what reason? It's one of the basic human traits.......EGO, they do it to "show ya" we can trick ya! It's all about 'look at me' we fooled you. Why don't they just come out and say, "see we did it"....because to them it is a big game, and the longer they sit in their pubs and joke about it, people become complacent. Nothing to see here, seen that, done that, so people just get used to them and since a number of people have come out and have admitted that they have done them, it is not so special anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I do find the subject extremely interesting. And, from what I've seen, there have been some incredibly complicated designs. Am I open to other ideas, absolutely, willing to listen and think about the possibilities......but I still think the simple and most logical answer is that they are man-made.

Peace!! ID

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: structure

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have no idea how cc are made.. I do marvel at the complexity of some.. What even puzzles me more is.. If they are man made, why don't we ever see an oops cc? Everyone I've seen photographed are all perfect.. Is there any pictures of an "ahh sh#t, well move to the next field".. I've never seen one..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
To me, ay of these look like drawings using a Spirograph. And anyone that has used one knows its not hard to do at all, and not time consuming. So, imagine setting up a field-size spirograph set, making the drawing would be simple and fast. You can make pretty intricate designs with something like that......quickly.

Using nothing but this....

You can create these...

It's plausible....and made by humans.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Take into consideration that the stalks aren't broken/snapped over, they nodes are BENT, as if some unknown, unexplainable force fused it over somehow. The stalks continue to grow that way, completely healthy. A human being is not capable of doing something so impossible in such a short amount of time.

Also, most of the designs in crop circles resemble the shapes taught in sacred geometry, theoretically the building blocks of life.

I believe something greater than a human is making these crop circles (the 1% of real crop circles), something that is far more advanced than our own, and is trying to give us clues as to the secrets we need to discover to thrive.

Idk.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Crop Circles are the contact medium chosen by the intelligence which creates them(the bonafide ones that is)
This intelligence is far beyond our comprehension, yet is playful, and a master artist.
The orbs filmed making crop circles are under the control of the artist.
They will contine to be more and more complicated, and codified...containing messages which can be coaxed out of their geometry and symetry.
Eventually, these crop circles will lead to direct contact.....first we have to discover how they cannot possibly man made......

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
People with too much time to kill. ET is trying to stay hidden for the most part and they know too many people on Earth are starving to destroy acres of crops. They create these circles but leave no clue to who did them? What's the point? Any artist would leave a signature somewhere right? Also their are too many inconsistencies in each to form any kind of language or scripture or message. Also why would they leave a message for us on Earth and we can't read or understand it.

My thoughts. I think maybe in past history when ships landed they flattened the land like a crop circle and Humans started creating designs at the landing zones to get them to come back or to mark specific zones but as for crop circles today they have no meaning and solely human created

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

This intelligence is far beyond our comprehension, yet is playful, and a master artist.

Just curious, how do you know this? Do you have information you can share?

Originally posted by stirling

The orbs filmed making crop circles are under the control of the artist.

As far as I know, (I am far from knowing a lot of information), however, I know for a fact, that some of the video's of 'orbs' making crop circles were absolute CGI fakes, or artists. I am unaware of any unproven video, but there are countless 'eyewitnesses', not unlike UFO witnesses. I'm just asking if you have any information which sustantiates this claim?

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
There made by crusty types in the south west of england who dont work and dont bother washing very much.
they listen to pink floyd, smoke a lot of weed and talk about thier chakras to each other on facebook.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
They were made by intelligent terrestrials

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

I thought generaly most artists were of the starving sort?
Why are they wasting food?

Sorry, I felt the need to add something.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I agree 100%,I seen the documentary on crop circle's in the early 90's.It was proven to be hoax as two guy's from somewhere in Germany showed and fully explained how the crop circles were made.I am sick about hearing a dead issue that's all ready explained.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

My guess would be the culprits are some secret joke art university type frat group, probably where new recruits get sworn in to secrecy every year and try to outdo last years post grads... Im sure they have a good old chuckle about it

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Could it be Gaia? Could be, but it also could be some kind of weaponry that is orbiting the planet.

The military had high power microwave technology which they were using as a direct energy weaponry since at least the 70's. This is when circles really started to appear elaborate rather than just simple swirls in the grain. As the decades past the circles became more elaborate, just as the high power microwave technology happened to be advancing. Then in the 80's Reagan pushed for 'star wars' type defense which was most likely already in the works since Tesla discovered direct energy could be used as a weapon roughly a 100 years ago.

The capability for the Government to do this does exist.
edit on 17-1-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

I understand your reasoning about the weaponry, but still have several issues with it:

1. Why would they do they test or for whatever reason use it in a farmer's field? Why wouldn't they do it somewhere secluded like the prairies for example?

2. Why is there often a theme of planets and the solar system, or biological entities like scorpions or butterflies? Wouldn't they realize that people would be reading into that, and why would they want that?

The Gaia theory is also not very likely, do to the symbolism in many of the designs.

Human artists, also not likely when there are bent nodes and other signs of microwaves being used.

Not saying I believe it's aliens doing some of these, but I would definitely say that there is something going on that we can't confidently identify.

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

ive seen that video you are talking about, that crop circle those 2 guys made was not even worthy of been called a cropcircle.

im sure they made a few crappy ones but come on....the more recent ones are done with mechanical percision

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My first post ever on here. So hello all.
Recently I've been doing some searching and researching on conspiracies and such and it led me to some interesting videos. Nassim Haramein has an intriguing video on crop circles which I don't believe was posted here yet. In my eyes the guy is a genius but that is just my personal opinion. I know there are debunkers on him just like everything else out there. Hopefully my link works. I'm on my phone so bare with me. If it doesn't work just search his name.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join