It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem reaction solution in Mali

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The implication is that behind the scenes the west trains, arms and directs the islamists to attack Mali, so they have any justification to get involved, meaning the west, france or whoever is better off with the islamists invading so it can intervene, has something to gain from it.

I wonder, wasnt France already involved and had its interests well secured in mali before the islamists and tribals in the north became active? Why would France or any other player in the west be better off with the islamists causing trouble in mali, when interests in that country seemed to be secure? I just dont see a reason or an upside for the west as a consequence of thise invasion and having to respond to it militarily.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

I personally think the west has tried to have the best of both worlds.

Taking out Gaddafi and stopping a potentially new and powerful african currency, whilst at the same time controlling the power vaccum of the area (with terrorists)

This new move is a bit of a shock to some and is very bold by the Islamist extremests, I can see this turning into a huge call of arms. Was it planned or not? i don't know maybe

These rebels are well armed and a lot of them are veteran fighters with some brains as well, keep your eye on NW Africa I see a lot of trouble kicking off their soon this is just the beginning.

A lot of western nations will be obliged to sort this out..... it's our litter we must pick it up

join