It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway caught lying about their footlong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
It honestly, to me, looks like some one cut it sideways, and when doing so it squished a inch, omg!

But yeah, if it was like every sub was short, that one less inch of satisfaction. Who wouldn't be upset...

Originally posted by ItDepends

Originally posted by Rikku
who the hell is obese/wierd enough to measure a frikkin sandwich?
just eat it you fat freak.

LMFA
!!!

Peace!! ID

What she said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^RLMA

Peace!! ID

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: restructure

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Who cares, I've been claiming an extra inch for years, and no complaints yet.

I would guess the bread is 12" long before it's baked, eh? Shrinkage happens!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
$5 foot long. I mean $4.50 11incher. No wonder Jared lost weight

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Y e a h....you know, I'm just going to leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Well...I think we all knew where this was going.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
In reality...my wife would tell you that's two feet!

I hope she never finds this thread...it could ruin my life!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by Vaedur

Yeah and subway is only lying by an INCH!

A hard time....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Connecticut’s own Subway, the world’s largest fast food chain with 37,000 locations, is facing criticism after an Australian man posted a picture on the company’s Facebook page of one of its famous footlong sandwiches next to a tape measure that seems to shows it’s just 11 inches.

gma.yahoo.com...
I'm going to Subway tomarow to find out for myself!
edit on 17-1-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 17/1/13 by davespanners because: Removed caps form title

>>>>> IT'S OFFICIAL

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Way to go! Tell Aussies how to measure things.! You should research 'Kangaroo Court"

Not really meaning to tell you all how to measure. Just questioning whether or not you should be measuring in feet or inches.

I have three tape measures, metric, imperial and dual.

Well I guess if I looked around I could find at least 3 tape measures. They are all in inches and feet on one side and metric nonsense (which I never use) on the other. I mean a foot is a foot and metric is just a construct made to come out to multiples of 10.

As far as imperial and dual - I'm clueless in Las Vegas. Do either imperial or dual imply feet and inches? Do you all learn inches in school? I'm thinking no...you all learn the metric system. So the point was: most people don't think in French while speaking English.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Way to go! Tell Aussies how to measure things.! You should research 'Kangaroo Court"

Not really meaning to tell you all how to measure. Just questioning whether or not you should be measuring in feet or inches.

I have three tape measures, metric, imperial and dual.

Well I guess if I looked around I could find at least 3 tape measures. They are all in inches and feet on one side and metric nonsense (which I never use) on the other. I mean a foot is a foot and metric is just a construct made to come out to multiples of 10.

As far as imperial and dual - I'm clueless in Las Vegas. Do either imperial or dual imply feet and inches? Do you all learn inches in school? I'm thinking no...you all learn the metric system. So the point was: most people don't think in French while speaking English.

There are a lot of people who think in French while speaking English. Anyone who has French as their first language and speaks English as a second language will do this.

I was taught in school to measure in the imperial system and I used these measurements for quite a time. Then Australia 'converted' to the metric system. I still use both! Just because you are ignorant of the metric system is no reason to assume that I would be ignorant of the imperial system.

Your comment "I mean a foot is a foot and metric is just a construct made to come out to multiples of 10." was very amusing, thanks for the laugh!

P

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I still don't see the real issue here. I make bread, 4 loaves at a time. I've been doing it for over forty years. I have this old postage scale I use to measure the dough when I cut it into four pieces. When one piece of dough is a little small I take a piece of dough from the pile and slop it on there. When I'm done each piece of dough weighs as close to the same amount as I can make it. I knead it smooth and pace the four pieces in bread pans.

Not once has each loaf come out looking exactly the same as each other loaf. There are too many variables for that to happen. Placement on the oven might affect how the dough rises. Maybe one got jostled. Who knows? But the final loaves of bread are NEVER the same length exactly, but they DO have the same amount of dough in them.

Isn't that the major complaint here? That somehow you are being "cheated" of an inch that you, by God, bought and paid for? You still got it! You got the same amount of flour and water, same amount of milk, sugar, salt, yeast, and butter, the same number of little tiny pieces of garlic as the next guy. It's impossible to make them exactly the same, even with automated equipment.

Every Twinkie(r) is different. Get over it.
edit on 1/18/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I still don't see the real issue here.
Isn't that the major complaint here? That somehow you are being "cheated" of an inch that you, by God, bought and paid for? You still got it!

Nope!! if the loaf is shorter then they put less toppings, meat and cheese and other stuff......you got cheated!

Originally posted by schuyler
Oh My God!! I just had a six inch BLT Subway today! They asked me what vegetables I wanted on it. It was a BLT. How about lettuce and tomatoes? And it was REALLY GOOD, but NOW I discover I may have been CHEATED by a half inch!

I am SO angry that I've been CHEATED by a half inch. It has ruined my whole day! I'm

Oh don't go changin' your mind on us? Can't have that.............

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I was taught in school to measure in the imperial system and I used these measurements for quite a time. Then Australia 'converted' to the metric system. I still use both! Just because you are ignorant of the metric system is no reason to assume that I would be ignorant of the imperial system.

Maybe you think in English while speaking French but I don't - so maybe that's why you are unable to understand that there is a difference between thinking in feet and thinking in meters when it comes to baking bread. Imperial doesn't seem to be the same as the USA either. Not according to this French site:

Imperial and USA Measurement Systems & History

Aside from the metric system, there are two other main systems of measurement in use today: the Imperial system of measurement and the USA system of measurement. The two systems are often confused with each other and sometimes one or the other terms are used to collectively refer to both systems (in particular, Europeans often use the term Imperial system to refer to either systems). However, despite similarities between the two, they are different systems. To properly explain their relationship, one needs to consider the history behind them.

Further, there doesn't seem to be a consensus among the 50 states on metric-imperial-international conversion. There is a consensus that a foot is a foot but none when it comes to converting to metric constructs or, apparently, imperial attempts to standardize construct conversions.

IMO, when one begins to think in the language, one begins to understand the people behind that language. Same with a foot long Subway...imagine, baking bread, and thinking "0.3048 meters."

Further still, the site I linked has a conversion page - USA versus Imperial. I rest.
edit on 19-1-2013 by luxordelphi because: correct spelling

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I like how I'm almost positive that can tell the authors gender by their answer to this whole "inch affair."

I honestly don't care about the story. I found it amusing, but this sandwich measuring reminds me of people complaining about a quarter pounder not being a 1/4 pound. Stay home and cook it yourself then, you picky jerks.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mia2115
I like how I'm almost positive that can tell the authors gender by their answer to this whole "inch affair."

I honestly don't care about the story. I found it amusing, but this sandwich measuring reminds me of people complaining about a quarter pounder not being a 1/4 pound. Stay home and cook it yourself then, you picky jerks.

eh I don't know where you live or if you heard of "Arby's"...
but they do infact measure out thier roast beef sammiches.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
So like... after every 12th sandwich, they make extra foot long worth of money!.. those bastards!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
So like... after every 12th sandwich, they make extra foot long worth of money!.. those bastards!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join