It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Good Evening All

I have finally taken the plunge and decided to join after lurking , for want of a better word, here for a number of years. I'm a humble man from the county of Essex in the U.K. Please do not imagine me to be anything like the characters in the tv show "the only way is essex", which in my opinion is awful! Like many of you I have a hunger for some answers to the riddles that surround us. I still have many questions and possibly some solutions.

This search has consumed me for almost my entire existence, in fact as long as i have been aware, I have qustioned all things, our purpose, the true concept of time, consciousness, the reality of our being, O.B.E, and mainly the E.T. phenomenon. One of my earliest recollections is of being 6 or 7 years old and being at primary school, I was invited into a room and asked to choose a book. There were a great many books available to me, at least to my childs eye, and it was made clear to me that i could choose any book i desired, regardless of the cost. I choose a small, modest book that was covered by others, like i knew it was there. The cover was plain dark blue, with only three letters on it, U.F.O. ( I had no idea what this meant) which was in plain white text. Below the title was a rather low quality picture of what is mainly referred to, as your classic "Flying Saucer". I studied this book throughout my childhood years, indeed, it was the first book i could read cover to cover by myself. It detailed a number of stories and legends, which included such things as time slips, aductions, the early airship sightings, foo fighters, close encounters of the third kind, and men in black etc. This, along with a personal experience that happened a number of years later, sparked my interest in this field and i begain reading with ernest a great many tomes on this subject.

But one question has always remained, and has bothered me for a long while. Why did i choose that book?

I hope I can be of some small service to all of you. I wish to continue lurking here, but with a difference, because now I'll be able to add my two pennies worth.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fifththeorem

Warm Welcome to ATS. Nice intro, look forward to meeting you in the forums. May be, the book chose you...

Des

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Glad your not "reem. Welcome and how the devil are you kind sir?

(ps, i dont know why im speaking middle agey). its probably the rum.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Welcome!!

Based on your intro, my guess is that you’ll fit right in.

Now put on your hat, sir, and begin the journey!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Is that you?? your a lunatic man!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Alas I must retire for the evening, as I have to endure the misery which is referred to as work in the morn. I'm glad I have finally joined the collective and I look forward to future discussions.:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I'm a humble man from the county of Essex in the U.K. Please do not imagine me to be anything like the characters in the tv show "the only way is essex", which in my opinion is awful!

Very reassuring, It must be said!

Anyway, here there and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the rest of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in other forums around ATS and additionally send and receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links..

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

I need help with uploading pictures/an avatar

Frequently Asked Questions..

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

RA,
Forum Moderator.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by seabag

Is that you?? your a lunatic man!

NOOOO!!

I’m much younger….and I have an earring.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

It always feels better when you finally take the plunge and the water isn't chilly here. I reckon you chose that particular book because even then you were looking for what other's weren't seeing. Bump into you sometime.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Hello and welcome!

top topics

join