It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you think will survive a world apocalypse with nuclear bombs etc going off all over the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have thought about this often and I think ones that are forgotten about are the sailors in nuclear submarines that can stay underwater for years at a time if need be. Also the usual ones that have the massive underground shelters like Obama and Heads of state etc. they can stay deep underground for ages as well.
Not that there would be much to come back to but at the first sign of trouble they will go there like the rats that they are because they probably helped to start it in the first place.
Then the unfortunates because they can only stay there until the air or food runs out are the astronauts who are in the ISS or any others that are up there we dont know about as well.
Talking of that, wonder what that top secret shuttle that looks like a small challenger shuttle that landed and took off again in December last year is all about because it is unmanned and last mission lasted about a year as well.
Anyway, just thought I would throw this open to any suggestions and is there any preppers out there who would like to say why they think they will survive as well?
I know when 911 started, I saw the first plane hit the tower and had to go out with my wife in the car and while I was waiting for her, I heard about the second one hitting. Then when I was driving I heard on the radio about the Pentagon getting hit and I thought this is it and next would be London,and Edinburgh here in Scotland.
Got me thinking I,can tell you.
So,give out your thoughts about what you imagine might happen to you and your loved ones.....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
number one tip for surviving a post apocalytptic world. stay away from cities
a small village would be ideal in this situation.
edit on 17-1-2013 by SecludedGamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

If there were a global nuclear event. Only the rats and the roaches would survive. That would of course, include those of the elite, in underground bunkers...yup, the rats and roaches...above and below ground.

Des

edit on 17-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Africa, because no one in their right mind would waste a nuclear missile to destroy mud huts and shanty towns.

You couldn't blast them back to the stone age because some tribes are still there.

There are literally tribes in Africa that are not even at the iron age because they trade for all their spear, knives and arrow points.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I would leave the planet and go back home.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I think these people would stand the best chance, as they have never been "assimilated."

I don't know how to embed images, sorry.

The image is of part of an Un-contacted tribe living in the Amazon rain forest.
edit on 17-1-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by occrest

I think these people would stand the best chance, as they have never been "assimilated."

I don't know how to embed images, sorry.

The image is of part of an Un-contacted tribe living in the Amazon rain forest.
edit on 17-1-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

Would still get radiation though from fall out over the Earth...

top topics

join