It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer service. And why many can't stand it!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just sat on hold with AT&T for 30 minutes only to talk to someone that sounded like they had a mouth full of food! could not understand the guy to save my life! so I hang up and call back.. guess what? SAME GUY!!! all i could make out was "cant give you completion date" **** man! I was suppose to have U-verse installed this past tuesday, and my house, being in the historic district was built in the mid 1800's and has no phone line running to the house, therefor they couldn't hook my TV or internet up... FML

I really can't stand when I can't understand the person on the other line, drives me f-ing nuts!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
LOL. Most customer service people I deal with have such a heavy accent it is a real chore to ferret out what the hell they're saying. There are a few who speak well enough, but they've got an attitude like they get a bonus for pissing you off.

I remember asking one rude young man if I could speak to his supervisor, only to have him hang up on me.

I like to tell them that I'm recording them. That typically unnerves them....some clean up their act and speak more clearly and less like a teenager with an attitude and a mouth full of chewing gum, and others rush to get their supervisor, no doubt because they want the sup to be taken down with them if they get in trouble.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
Just sat on hold with AT&T for 30 minutes only to talk to someone that sounded like they had a mouth full of food! could not understand the guy to save my life! so I hang up and call back.. guess what? SAME GUY!!! all i could make out was "cant give you completion date" **** man! I was suppose to have U-verse installed this past tuesday, and my house, being in the historic district was built in the mid 1800's and has no phone line running to the house, therefor they couldn't hook my TV or internet up... FML

I really can't stand when I can't understand the person on the other line, drives me f-ing nuts!

HAH! I understand your pain on both counts. Historic home here and it seems any time we TRY to deal with customer svc they have a mouth full of marbles. I spelled our last name I swear to you 4 or 5 times to the guy and he just couldnt get it right. Our last name is a VERY VERY common english name and a whole 5 letters.

I wont even get into our issues updating things ( phone, satellite, plumbing, you name it) in our historic home.. thats a rant unto itself.. and Im not sure if I could do it without violating every profanity and decorum rule here!

Hang in there, we can pray for a power grid failure and one day go back to teletype.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I can't exacly say that it actually helps when they say...
'Can I help you sir?' Because half the time they do not do it themselfs.
The worst service is in the UK. You get directed to an indian firm (so they sound) and try to somehow negotiate a way you can talk to them.

But I think the worst thing is waiting. Some customer services claim that they are the best and the quickest.
I call bull(add the magic word here), on that sentence.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Man i know! drives me f**king bananas!!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-1-2013 by slapjacks because: !

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellzdoms
I can't exacly say that it actually helps when they say...
'Can I help you sir?' Because half the time they do not do it themselfs.
The worst service is in the UK. You get directed to an indian firm (so they sound) and try to somehow negotiate a way you can talk to them.

But I think the worst thing is waiting. Some customer services claim that they are the best and the quickest.
I call bull(add the magic word here), on that sentence.

We're getting there along with you as far as the outsourced stuff to India.
My niece had put her resume on Monster when she graduated and was very clear about the area she could work in.. her state. Her phone number was on the resume of course.. and she got numerous calls from headhunters who obviously didnt know that Montana is nowhere near Austin Tx or Boston. Put on top of that they couldnt understand her or she them.
When Im queen, I will make all outsourcing illegal and punishable by death.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Man...that's the WORST!! Talk about your classic first world problem!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Please do youself a favor...

RUN FROM ATt UVERSE... as fast as you can.

I tried twice and no good.

The first time, I was promised a certain monthly package... ok great lets do it.
Phone, Internet and Cable... they came to install and no phone on the order, ok
stuff happens, they'll be back in 7 days.

On the 7th day, no ATT, called, while on hold, pulled up my first bill, it was double what
I was promised and didn't include the charges for the phone... they wouldn't honor the price
that was agreed to when the rep was in my home....

I cancelled it immediately.

This past summer, they were back at the door, the wife gave them a second chance....
this time, they couldn't get my phone number "ported" over... tried for a week.
Kicked them out again.

Run.... run far far away.... google ATT Uverse review and read the horror stories.
edit on 17-1-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I love the term customer service,it make's me laugh.Only because it is the biggest oxymoron in the English language.

edit on 17-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Did the guy at least speak English? The customer no service people I get don't!

edit on 17-1-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sometimes you call the tech support they treat you like a dumba$$ specially if you are a woman. When you explain the issue they give you some typical first grade solutions without really getting into issue or hearing you out, when you explain them with IT language and and solutions you have tried they wake up if they are able.. even then i don´t understand what grounds companies hire their IT people.. some of them just dont understand computers at all..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
FWIW... when I was dealing with ATT, they were english speaking reps...
communication was not a problem, they just needed to live up to their end of the
agreement....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The one thing I hate the most is an automated customer service, I usually want to throw my phone by the time I get to the end of the selection menu. The ones that annoy me the most are the voice recognition automatron. One time I spoke clearly into the phone like 5 times and it kept asking me if I wanted to do something difference, after a few seconds of swearing, and the machine telling me it didn't understand me, I hang up and try again

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i try to avoid customer service whenever possible. i dont like talking to robots.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
The one thing I hate the most is an automated customer service, I usually want to throw my phone by the time I get to the end of the selection menu. The ones that annoy me the most are the voice recognition automatron. One time I spoke clearly into the phone like 5 times and it kept asking me if I wanted to do something difference, after a few seconds of swearing, and the machine telling me it didn't understand me, I hang up and try again

Totally. Automated is the worst ever. It's like your sitting on the phone just pushing buttons until you actually speak to a live person. So annoying.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by eXia7

Totally. Automated is the worst ever. It's like your sitting on the phone just pushing buttons until you actually speak to a live person. So annoying.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I feel that way when I have to call the cable company, I'll go through about 20 minutes worth of menus, then I'll hear what appears to be a human on the other end, and i greet them with a hardy "praise jesus a live person!" Some think it's funny, others not so much.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I can't even go into Paypal and ebay!!! I've never been nickle and dimed to death more then these 2 @$#%@#%~!% What's funny is I have a paypal customer call center less then 30 miles from my house but would always get someone from India that spoke horrible English. I had to go to Omaha for business one day, their "call center" is right off the interstate. It was about noon when I went by the first time, they were all out playing tennis, basketball, and milling around the park next to the offices. Thought it was kind of cool, a private park to enjoy and get some exercise over lunch. I drove back by on my home around 3pm, same thing...I was like WTF? Don't any of these people actually work? Apparently not, since I called paypal cust. service about a week later, and sure enough, got someone from India that I couldn't understand. When I asked to speak to someone from the U.S. I waited on hold for almost a half hour, then got a different Indian reading the same script.
edit on 17-1-2013 by JeffreyCH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Please do youself a favor...

RUN FROM ATS UVERSE... as fast as you can.

Someone's been spending too much time on a certain conspiracy website

Either that or perhaps this is something best discussed with S.O. in private?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Just sat on hold with AT&T for 30 minutes only to talk to someone that sounded like they had a mouth full of food!

Sounds like you lucked-out a bit. I mean you didn't get "would you mind taking a quick survey on how our customer service was?"

But, I feel your pain!!!

Peace!! ID

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: added emphasis

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I didn't even catch that...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join