It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Confiscation Bill Introduced in Congress

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
reply to post by _BoneZ_

another effort to convince citizens that they must voluntarily turn in their guns

^^ from the OP, i guess we both need to learn how to read

Its ok man. Thats how this stuff works. First they offer to buy it. If you dont sell, and thats what this is, they come and take it and tell you you had your chance. ....Like the mob.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

Dude, I cordially invite you to go up to a wolverine with a heart full of love and peace, and try to put earrings on it.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Rather than sitting around imagining what the world MIGHT be like IF this and IF that, I actually live in the real one.

edit on 18-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

What are you so scared of? Or you so messed up that you think everyone is a wolverine, because of all the dirt you did, and how you separate yourself from society, and be a lone person in big world? Question, do even you know your neighbors?

In regards to your post, So are you stating that you need a semi-automatic to shoot at wolverines? Then I can state, that you are not a true hunter. Heck if you can't kill an animal with a bow and arrow (or cross bow), and knife, then I can state that you are not a true hunter.

If you are speaking about protection, where do you draw the line? Do you need NUKES to defend yourself?

Did you know wild animals can sense FEAR? They are more prone to attack with fear in your heart. Nothing says your are so SCARED then by having a gun. you FEAR the wolverine (or person) is going to take your life. You FEAR Death. You FEAR that the wolverine (or person) will take your FOOD or your PROPERTY. You are SCARED of starving, and scared of having NO possessions.

Be at one with yourself and your surroundings. Show real STRENGTH by not having a weapon. None. Perhaps the wolverine may NOT attack, because it does not sense the fear. Perhaps the wolverine needs food, so SHARE. Perhaps the wolverine, needs money/clothing/possessions, so SHARE.

Perhaps if you used the rules you learned in kindergarten about sharing, someone would not try to rob you.

Fight if you must, and use your hand strength, but at the point of death, you should restrain. Everyone, including wolverines have a right to live, no matter how messed up they are. The problem with guns is, that ANY shot can be lethal, so there is no restraint at the end of your defense.

ponder that.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kobewan69

If you have to ask WHY we need assault weapons then you don't deserve to know the answer.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kobewan69
Why is everybody so pissed off? They want to ban Assault weapons. That makes complete sense. Not to mention that seriously, there is something really wrong with you if you own an assault rifle. Why on earth would you need one? Do you plan on invading a country? Is a pistol not enough? Really. Why all the fuss about it, it's normal to not allow everybody to own assault rifles

I can put a 33 round magazine in my pistol, are you still ok with people owning pistols?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kobewan69
Why is everybody so pissed off? They want to ban Assault weapons. That makes complete sense. Not to mention that seriously, there is something really wrong with you if you own an assault rifle. Why on earth would you need one? Do you plan on invading a country? Is a pistol not enough? Really. Why all the fuss about it, it's normal to not allow everybody to own assault rifles

They are recruiting people like you who think "there is something wrong with you if you own an assault rifle."

its normal to not allow everybody to own assault rifles

does everybody own an assault rifle right now?
also it seems you forgot to read the article and bill... the bill presents the option for citizens that legally own an assault rifle to turn it in for a $2000 credit. no where does the bill mention someone or everyone will lose their right to own an assault weapon. the idea (a dumb one in this case) is to eliminate assault weapons by encouraging citizens to voluntarily turn them in for fiat money. you can only turn in one though, so everyone can keep the rest of their assault weapons
... 'cause everybody has one, right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join