47 States Revolt Against Obama Gun Control

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HopSkipJump

Governments do not give us rights, they restrict them. Some more than others.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
reply to post by SpeakNoEvil

Actually i just got 25 more boxes of ammo yesterday, was the same price as when i got the last bunch of it, nothing's changed in how i have to get ammo, and I will stock up on it, and keep it in a safe location. Simple.

I was being sarcastic with my comment about assault rifles with 500 round magazines, everyone else is allowed to exaggerate, I should be allowed the same freedom. I know they are illegal in 49 states, doesn't mean some people still think they have the right to them.

I am not anti-gun, nor am i anti-defense, I am anti-stupidity, and a lot of the arguments that people are going off hotheaded with are just that, stupidity. Not rationally thought through, calm arguments presented in a calm manner. So before you get on your high horse read everything i've written, nowhere have I ever advocated taking away the citizens right to own a firearm, I own some myself, I'm not going to advocate something that leaves me defenseless.

People on both sides need to calm down, even if guns were illegal across the board, some of these shootings would probably have still taken place but with much more dangerous weapons, like oh fertilizer bombs and dirty bombs, and the like, seriously, step back a bit and think, stop falling for the rhetoric on both sides, it's all hot tempered steaming poo.

I've seen that when we post "truth" somebody from one side or the other is going to be upset. There are so many here who have no concept of what the gun laws in individual states are, they only want to believe what their talking heads from either side happen to be telling them.
Until people take the time to research it and find out the facts of what the laws are and which ones apply to them, no amount of truth is going to sink through their thick heads

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

All of the rights that you are claiming were laid out by the US Constitution, the framing document of the government. They were given by the government whether you agree with it or not. They can also be changed by the government whether you agree with it or not. Luckily, the constitution set the government up in a way that we all have a voice in what happens through one avenue or another. Instead of just believing what you are told, it is your responsibility (not a right, a responsibility) to know what the laws are in your state and to adhere to those laws. The laws don't take freedom away, they ensure your freedom by preventing others from taking it from you.

If you don't like a law, you work to have it changed, you don't just ignore it and break it at will or you will be held accountable by, once again, the government. They are the presiding body in all matters that this country is involved in.

You don't have to "like" it, but that's the way it is.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by TKDRL

then someone has been telling you fables.
every gun purchase via a dealer, includes an NCIS check and that info is 'stored'.

guns that are exchanged on the private level, are not.
each unit purchased via a dealer is recorded, don't think for one minute it's not.

yes, the dealers are required to purge their files periodically ... but that's only one end of the information highway.

What I was referring to, can be found... H ERE Florida State Statute 790.335 Prohibition of registration of firearms; electronic records.

PROHIBITIONS.—No state governmental agency or local government, special district, or other political subdivision or official, agent, or employee of such state or other governmental entity or any other person, public or private, shall knowingly and willfully keep or cause to be kept any list, record, or registry of privately owned firearms or any list, record, or registry of the owners of those firearms.

No fables...Just Facts...

edit on 1/19/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: repaired link...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HopSkipJump

All of the rights that you are claiming were laid out by the US Constitution, the framing document of the government. They were given by the government whether you agree with it or not. They can also be changed by the government whether you agree with it or not. Luckily, the constitution set the government up in a way that we all have a voice in what happens through one avenue or another. Instead of just believing what you are told, it is your responsibility (not a right, a responsibility) to know what the laws are in your state and to adhere to those laws. The laws don't take freedom away, they ensure your freedom by preventing others from taking it from you.

If you don't like a law, you work to have it changed, you don't just ignore it and break it at will or you will be held accountable by, once again, the government. They are the presiding body in all matters that this country is involved in.

You don't have to "like" it, but that's the way it is.

The Constitution is and remains there to "LIMITED THE GOVERNMENT" and any twist or turn that says or implies the "Government" is there to give anything to the "People", including "Redistribution of Wealth" is not a Legitimate Constitution Government. It has taken many years but inch by inch the Government has replaced the British Monarchy and is as Unjust.
edit on 19-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

Ah so anyone that purchases a new gun is on a list anyways, even without registration. Darn.

Please see my response above....Florida doesn't play!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

tip ... aside from all of the hobbyists, we even have our own in-state manufacturers

www.manta.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

yep, i read that and it's one more reason i won't even visit NY.
family from there must come here or we don't visit in person at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I live in Albany and was only able to find 5 (50 round boxes) of 22 ammo between 5 stores. Sports authority is not limiting ammo and had more than the stores that were. I admit I didn't go to a real gun shop. You are only allowed to buy 6 boxes of ammo per day at Dicks sports and Walmart.

"Besides outlawing a broader array of military-style weapons, the measure restricts ammunition magazines to seven rounds, down from the current 10, creates a more comprehensive database of people barred from owning guns, and makes New York the first state to require background checks to buy bullets. The system will also help flag customers who buy large amounts of ammo"
How much is a large amount?...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I just want to say i am glad some people know how to have a real talk on ATS still.
most of the people commenting on this thread are the reason i stay on ats.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Limiting the amount of ammo someone can have is a back door confiscation act. You can have 1000 gus but without ammo you only have big sticks.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

that my friend, while true, as presented, is still a fable.
as stated previously ... that is only one direction of the information highway.

no State agent may 'maintain' a list ... there is no restriction placed upon the Feds

there is no law against compiling one.
there is no law against sharing one once compiled (NCIS for example)
the law prohibits KEEPING one.

please, this is not an argument, merely clarification.
the specific English does matter.

sometimes, facts are fables

there is no gun registry in FL ... at the state level.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The limiting of the amount of ammunition you can buy isn't a law, it is a store policy. There is no law that limits what you can and cannot buy (at least not in my state). However, WalMart is allowed to limit the amount they are willing to sell you as a company.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I didn't say it was a law but I also didn't say it wasn't lobbied

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

that my friend, while true, as presented, is still a fable.
as stated previously ... that is only one direction of the information highway.

no State agent may 'maintain' a list ... there is no restriction placed upon the Feds

there is no law against compiling one.
there is no law against sharing one once compiled (NCIS for example)
the law prohibits KEEPING one.

please, this is not an argument, merely clarification.
the specific English does matter.

sometimes, facts are fables

there is no gun registry in FL ... at the state level.

Let me try to explain it from a FFL's perspective...

When we do a call-in, we tell them who is buying a gun and whether it is a long gun, or a hand gun, or other (frame, etc...)
That is ALL that the Feds could know and store into any hidden data base.
The specific weapon, by make, model and serial # is kept by the dealer and is destroyed after 10 years.

So, where is the fable about de facto gun registries for gun buyers in Florida? There isn't one...

edit on 1/19/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have more than plenty and I paid for all of them fair and square. Legal. No one is taking a damn thing from me/ Period.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yeah with a collectors and relics license OR approval of the local law enforcement and ATF and the gun has to be registered before 1986.
edit on 19-1-2013 by SpeakNoEvil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

ok, so let me explain it as the person receiving your call.

you give the gun model # and name/# of buyer.
i run the NCIS check and give you a 'conditional' approval.
you hang up and complete the sale.

i have all of the 'specifics' i need to 'maintain' a database of all of your sales and their purchases with name/address/SS attached.

you are obligated to purge your files, i am not.
the FFL i use purges their files quarterly.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I went to my Capitol rally in Olympia Washington. It was very reassuring to see many open carry guns and rifles. The rally was orderly and even peaceful. There two or three thousand like minded people there.

It has been bitterly cold all day - in the low 30 degrees Fahrenheit. I slowly walked around the gathered people because my legs don't work so good in the good since I got older.

The most fun part of the rally for me was a big truck with a diesel air truck horn blaring for the roadway standing protesters.

I was very empowering to see so many veterans out, bikers, seniors, young people and children - from all ethnic groups.

Even one major channel news reporter and cameraman.

I felt it was important to show my face there to let the people of my area know - I am mad a hell and I ain't gonna take this BS no more - not without getting loud about my feelings.

new topics
top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join