It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 States Revolt Against Obama Gun Control

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

I would assume most of them are already on the watch list. The gun registry. The only exception I can think of is FL. I hear it is illegal to register your gun in FL

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
I went to the protest in Albany, New York today. Thousands of people and only one news van from ynn. I will post picture when I get home to a computer. My rights shall not be infringed!

I bet you won't see any coverage of this on mass media, the sheep will stay asleep - and the antigun people on here will just label you as a domestic terrorist / crazy.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

then someone has been telling you fables.
every gun purchase via a dealer, includes an NCIS check and that info is 'stored'.

guns that are exchanged on the private level, are not.
each unit purchased via a dealer is recorded, don't think for one minute it's not.

yes, the dealers are required to purge their files periodically ... but that's only one end of the information highway.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

sooo, are you bragging or was that an invitation to share ??

yes, the green-eyes are glaring ... i have always wanted to test one of those but didn't believe i'd ever get the chance after that ridiculous 90s fiasco.

'93 -- it was a good year for more than one reason

LOL, wasn't bragging, just commenting on how different it was then as now.

I gotta say, that Tommy was one sweet piece of work.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Ah so anyone that purchases a new gun is on a list anyways, even without registration. Darn.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Where In the US besides Nevada are "Fully automatic assault weapons with 500 round magazines" legal ? Fully Automatic weapons are illegal in 49 states! Get your facts straight. New York's new laws defines anything with a muzzle break/flash hider ,a pistol grip, a detachable magazine or a bayonet lug as an assault rifle. I'm sorry but how does a useless muzzle break on my little brothers 10-22 make the gun any more dangerous than it is without it. Also you can keep any guns that were legal before the new legislation but must sell all magazines out of state before the end of the year or become a retroactive criminal. Very responsible, I'll go sell my high cap mags the next state over and let them deal with the issue before they become banned Federally. God knows how much safer 7 bullets in a mag will make us compared to 10. Good luck finding 7 round clips for your old or imported rifles though. Remember a thing called the marijuana tax stamp? Didn't make marijuana illegal, it made it illegal to posses without a stamp. Did anyone get a stamp? They wont outlaw guns because they cant crap all over the constitution in plain site. They will limit mag sizes and eliminate a large amount of firearms through that method and deal with the rest through ammunition sales. Anybody try to buy ammo lately?

Albany today

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by js331975

You really believe that?

How is that not possible as a tactic or stratagem? Ambush is basically murder. Institutional slavery happenned too. Same people are at the top as have always been at the top.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
At Albany, New York there was only 1 news van from YNN News. Even the speaker noted and mentioned the lack of media at the event. AND when searching online about this the media is saying hundreds show up - NOT! Try Thousands!

edit on 19-1-2013 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

yes so long as that 'new' gun is via a dealer.
if i buy a freshly crafted (test fired once) unit from a private party, no such registry occurs.
[or if i buy a used on from a private party]

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Well, FL is still on my shortlist of states to move to when I come back to the US. Experiencing a hurricane is on my bucket list too, so it does work out

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Under the new law in NY private transactions are illegal unless you transfer the gun through an authorized dealer for a fee for the background check

edit on 19-1-2013 by SpeakNoEvil because: correction

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by gariac
Hey maybe you guys can just learn to shoot more accurately and not need those high capacity clips. It is called skill. Get some.

And that's the point. If it's about hunting and protecting just the home, they don't need ar15s. Is not about overthrowing the gov. It can't be, cause that's impossible. Unless of course one thinks like honor and believes citizens should own nukes.

Second Amendment is not about hunting and hobby and protecting the home, sure you can do those things with it though.

It is the last resort to tyranny and the same reason why they cannot put an outright ban and come to collect.

And as I said in the post you quoted. No one with all the guns in the world will over throw our trillion dollar military. Making that argument moot.

I'm not disagreeing with your statement, I just wanted to say that the 2nd amendment was supposed to make a standing professional army redundant and a mercenary centralized governmentaly controlled army impossible to establish.

The government cannot oppress with out a permanent professional army, and the US was never supposed to have one.

The government shows no signs of getting smaller, we are already far from the point of view that the Constitution was written to guarantee.

The protestors in favor of the Second Amendment are really going against the de facto direction of governmental developement or, in essence, the government, and in that sense what the protestors are doing is a revolt.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

No, we were not born with guns, but then we were not born with bread, cheese, tortillas, or fire, arrowheads or iron pots for cooking.

But we still have a god-given right to eat don't you think? Would you eat rabbit raw? Man learned to make fire, he wasn't born with it, but he was born with a brain to discover things.

No, we don't have a god-given right to eat. Our parents, who gave birth to us have the responsibility to feed us until we can fend for ourselves, but it's not a god-given right. If we all had a god-given right to eat there would be no such thing as starvation, but, it exists, so eating is not a god-given right.

Every living thing on this planet has a God given right to defend itself. Some creatures were born with tusks, sharp teeth, claws, horns, poison stingers, camoflage, etc, and humans were just born with fists and a brain to learn how to make weapons using sticks, rocks, metal, etc.

The whole liberal argument that govt gave us the right to have weapons is patently absurd. And what is govt but a bunch of men who make laws to control other men. So whose right is it for man to control other men arbitrarily?
edit on 19-1-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

We also don't have a god-given right to defend ourselves or all creatures would be born with the exact same defenses. Some are born to be eaten by those who are able to eat them. It's not a god-given right for either party, it's survival of the fittest.

We do not have any "god-given rights" because God didn't give rights. God isn't political, God isn't a government, God is God. No rights are given, only gifts he wishes to bestow upon us. He ALLOWS us to have free will, but it's not a "right" that we're entitled to in any way, shape or form. Look at Jonah, he felt he could use his free will to ignore what God ordered him to do and spent quite some time in the belly of a great fish (according to the bible). He didn't have the right to even say "no" now did he?

There is no such thing as a "God given right". They don't exist. Any rights we have are given to us by the governments we formed. Anything from God isn't a right, we can't sue God because we don't get what we think we should get, we can't whine and say "well you gave it to him" and expect God to do the same for us. "Rights" are something provided by a government, not something provided by God.

If you believe in God, you believe that God gives you what you need when you need it out of his grace, not because you have a "right" to it. You have no rights, you aren't on equal ground with God. What you get is given to you through his grace, not because he owes it to you.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by usmc0311
I don't understand why this is being done on a Saturday when no lawmakers will even be working or around for that matter. There is also a nationwide open carry rally that was scheduled for February 8th at all of the state capitols. That is the one I will be attending as there are speakers scheduled and it is happening on a buisness day rather than an off day.

Now, I'm just guessing here; but I would think it is on a Saturday because most of the 2nd supporters are right-wing and therefore have jobs. Since the most common working hours are Monday through Friday, Saturday makes the most sense.

Most of us work and aren't at the Administration's beck and call to drop everything and camp at a whim.

Most of the right wingers I know are on the draw. They feel justified in drawing, but think they are the only people in the entire country that should be able to... but just until they win the lottery and become part of the 1%, then they don't want to pay any taxes on their winnings.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HopSkipJump

Blahblahblah.
You are free to believe that utter BS if you would like. Don't expect everyone else to do the same though.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

Ah so anyone that purchases a new gun is on a list anyways, even without registration. Darn.

Not all states require guns to be registered. In those states, the only place they ARE registered are with the dealers that sold them to them. If they don't buy from a dealer, their gun doesn't have to be registered at all.
Furthermore, in open carry states, you can carry your gun anywhere except federal buidlings. They can even be in your car in the parking lot of the federal building, just not carried inside. If you carry one into a place of business, the management has the right to ask you to leave. If you don't leave, you would be guilty of criminal trespassing, but you would not be guilty of anything just by carrying the gun.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakNoEvil

Actually i just got 25 more boxes of ammo yesterday, was the same price as when i got the last bunch of it, nothing's changed in how i have to get ammo, and I will stock up on it, and keep it in a safe location. Simple.

I was being sarcastic with my comment about assault rifles with 500 round magazines, everyone else is allowed to exaggerate, I should be allowed the same freedom. I know they are illegal in 49 states, doesn't mean some people still think they have the right to them.

I am not anti-gun, nor am i anti-defense, I am anti-stupidity, and a lot of the arguments that people are going off hotheaded with are just that, stupidity. Not rationally thought through, calm arguments presented in a calm manner. So before you get on your high horse read everything i've written, nowhere have I ever advocated taking away the citizens right to own a firearm, I own some myself, I'm not going to advocate something that leaves me defenseless.

People on both sides need to calm down, even if guns were illegal across the board, some of these shootings would probably have still taken place but with much more dangerous weapons, like oh fertilizer bombs and dirty bombs, and the like, seriously, step back a bit and think, stop falling for the rhetoric on both sides, it's all hot tempered steaming poo.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakNoEvil
reply to post by vkey08

Where In the US besides Nevada are "Fully automatic assault weapons with 500 round magazines" legal ? Fully Automatic weapons are illegal in 49 states! Get your facts straight.

That's not true. The following states allow private ownership of machine guns if registered with ATF: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WV, WI, WY

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I went to Denver's rally today. The news is saying 1,000 there, I would say more like 2 thousand. People were allowed to carry concealed and there was no incidents, no riots, just a crowd of people concerned about the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. I do wish they had left left vs. right politics out of the speeches and just focused on we are Americans and this is our country.

One odd note: Right at the start when the crowd was at its largest, an remote eagle was doing nice lazy loops above the crowd. Of course many looked up, I do wonder if we were all being filmed.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

reply to post by HopSkipJump

Blahblahblah.
You are free to believe that utter BS if you would like. Don't expect everyone else to do the same though.

I'm stating facts (today), not my beliefs. My own beliefs of how it should be and how it really is don't always agree. What I have posted are the facts as they stand.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join