It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 States Revolt Against Obama Gun Control

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

Cool! Another reason not to support the taking away of our freedoms by a government that has lost touch with the values and ideals of what the Constitution promoted.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Earlier, you wrote off the fact that over 70% of gun deaths in America are gang-related

No.

Originally posted by SpookyVince

Over 70% of gun crimes are gang related, do you suppose these criminals attained their guns legally?

Likely not. [...]

Did I write it off?

I was agreeing on the fact that a certain part of criminals were acquiring their weapons in an illegal way.

Interesting how you just rolled over everything else, especially the part about you being IMMORAL or you arguing that deny somebody their LIBERTY is indeed enhancing LIBERTY.

Me being immoral? Please pinpoint that to me.

About liberty. I think you need some explanations.

Have you got the liberty to drive at 100mph anywhere you want?
Have you got the liberty to go around naked?
Have you got the liberty to insult people?
Have you got the liberty to smack people in the face?
Have you got the liberty to set random things in fire when you please?
Have you got the liberty to get into someone's house, get to the fridge and grab a beer?
Have you got the liberty to be drunk in public?
Have you got the liberty to abandon your dog?
Have you got the liberty to park your car in your neighbor's garden?
Have you got the liberty to get to the football field to help that player?

No.

That is because some "liberties" are attacks at others liberties. Some liberties are to be limited in order to ensure that everybody can enjoy their own part of liberty. If you were truly free to do anything you want, as you want, whenever and wherever, then everybody else has that right too. And thus everybody else has the right to be as bad as they want to you, your wife and kids, house, car and all the rest.

And obviously you will not accept it. So you will make sure that you are worse than that guy, and do anything you can to stop that guy from doing it to you in the first place.

Forbidding guns is not more serious than limiting speed on the highway, or putting limits to some behaviors that people can have. It is simply removing a potential threat from the hands of many. It is reducing the general level of risk.

Let's start with your 19.5 times higher gun deaths than simliar high income nations. Nobody makes arguments like that, not even Piers Morgan does and he is a bumbling buffoon when it comes to debate. He makes the arguments in a PER CAPITA, like everybody else does, ask a CRIMINOLOGIST. Of course guns deaths are more common in a nation where there are MORE GUNS.

Please read. It says the RATE. What do you think a rate is?

So you agree that in a country with more guns, there are more deaths by guns. Don't you?

Still you refuse to believe that removing guns from the streets (and houses) would reduce deaths?

And you call me special? Well, excuse me but... I don't seem to get your ... uh... logic?

[Edited to add:]
Besides, it's not "my" 19.5 times higher. I don't make the numbers. Have you read the source linked? I highly doubt it.
edit on 18-1-2013 by SpookyVince because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Yeah, before you know it, my 30.06 will be illegal and I will be SOL at this rate. It is truly disgusting how fast the government moves in to alleviate citizens of their rights.
BTW, the pic in my avatar is 2 miles away from the old idiotville area.

edit on 1/18/13 by VikingWarlord because: added content

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Gun control is a tool for social engineering of American people.

But the ball is in your hands.

Be cautious.

You are the means of the US war-machine. You are the bullet. They are the gun.

American pressure pot

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Have you got the liberty to go around naked? Have you got the liberty to insult people?

In Portland, yes. Link

edit on 1/18/13 by VikingWarlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
How is that the people who didn't care much that about war in Afghanistan , are now caring about guns being taken.

The US govt is saying that both are necessary for national security.

Then , why is this reaction to these bills and laws ?

Isn't that because it was not about them and now it is about them ?

IMO , you that sit there and watched the invasion to two countries , should sit and watch your rights being taken.

Because the reason's are the same.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I care about the war in Afghanistan, we have no business there at all. Not everyone fits in a neat little box, and can be labeled this or that.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So many protesters = so many crazy people. Go have a party with alcohol altogether, have your guns on the parade. See you never.
edit on 18-1-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I didn't know where to post this and I'm not sure if it's been added to a thread already, but check out these numbers! It appears that more people in civilized and industrialized countries kill themselves with guns rather than each other.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 18-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
To the people who say the founders of the constitution had muskets and couldnt see how guns would evolve to the so demonized AR-15, think of it this way. Proportionality the greatest super power in the world at the time (England) had muskets. So if the greatest super power had the weapon that so many feared why couldnt the citizens (who created this country by giving their lives) have them too for defence. On to that point the second amendment was created to prevent the same situation the king of England created. A complete control over the people. The first amendment was created to prevent such a person to stifle the word of the individual and the second was created to prevent the first from being taken way. So if you have in mind that the only thing the founding fathers thought of was muskets then you are right. That is because that was the most damaging weapon of the time, but if we go back to proportionality as the governments technology gets past muskets so must the civil populace to prevent our basic right from being stamped out.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by joedoes

That's a fantastic reply. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

4 Million nuts to be dealt with..... really so what you just said is that the government will take away someones second amendment (right) so they can not use their first amendment (right) taking away liberty goes against the constitution the point of our nation away. Live your life you want to not how a board of other people tell you too

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ispyarich

The history of my country teach me is possible to take guns into a peaceful revolution, without hurting any one or even shoot a bullet.

We place flowers on soldiers gun barrels, we overthrow a corrupt government without any bloodshed. Because people have the power not corrupt governments.

25 of April 1974, Portugal.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I hope you gun lovers try to read and listen good and remove the Hoaxer Alex jones from your favorites !
What Mr Obama tries to do is a good thing !
I see some of you gun lovers even like own f nukes and rockets,lmao are you compleetly nuts then or what?
This is exactly why the people need protection ! to many nut cases with guns and if they have enough cash even nukes.
Open your f eyes and try to think logical !!
Guns in your house ok !! protect your dearest.
But dont overdo it .

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Im not sure what exactly is going to happen and whats more concerning for americans right now , the US dollar losing its weight in the world market , the US government trying to limit or remove the right to legally own weapons , or the fact that the US government can drone strike US citizens if they deem you an enemy !

what should you be more worried about wont make one bit of difference if you have guns when you have drones flying overhead that can kill you and some innocent people around your home when you are marked as a dissident !

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
What's wrong with those people?

He didn't actually pass any gun "control" legislation.
He just passed orders for some studies on gun issues or strengthened laws already on the books.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

That is pretty much correct and they are just whineing even if there is nothing that is forbidding in the gun control legislation

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've been reading all of this, and re-reading all of this, and re re reading all of this, and while certain aspects of his (Obama's) rhetoric is disturbing, there's really nothing in any of this, other than the mental health reporting system, (Doctors were always required to report threats of harm to self or others don't kid yourself) that is anything more than enforcing already imposed regulations.

I'm sorry the Second Amendment does NOT guarantee every American the right to have a fully auto weapon capable of mowing down your neighborhood with one shot.. It does, however, guarantee you the right, as a group, to form a militia and that militia being "well regulated" would be allowed to own weapons to defend against a threat. Now the Supreme Court also decided that notwithstanding militia service, that people had the right to carry a firearm for self defense, and home defense. BUT.. they also decided in 2010 that the limitations on WHAT KIND of firearms people could carry was also well within the confines of the Second Amendment SO LONG AS THE BASIC RIGHT WAS NOT INFRINGED..

So banning high capacity magazines, and fully automatic assault rifles, as well as armor piercing bullets, is still within the confines of the Second Amendment, plain simple and to the point, no-one is saying you can't have a gun, just that you have to meet certain criteria with your purchase. You can't buy a 5000 round magazine or a fully automatic rifle, sorry folks, it's all legal, it's not infringing on that right and I'll be honest, if you're a good enough shot, ONE is all you need. (I've never needed more..)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well, it's not a revolt. Poor choice of words by the author of that article.

But, I can say that here in MI, word is traveling fast about the rally at the capitol. Which is a great thing.
They are just asking you to come down and support your right to bear arms.
And it's going to be 40 degrees that day.
I'm close, so I'll probably go. I am suspecting there will be a large turnout.
Ought to be interesting!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join