It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions for the anti-gun proponents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have some questions for the anti-gun establishment. Since WWII has there ever been evidence of one country invading another? Have there ever been instances of the populace wanting a change in government in opposition of their current government? Are there governments who suppress their population through violence? Can a simple protest be met with increased force and violence, even in America? Are you confident that every person you have placed in a leadership position has nothing but your best interest at hear and will go out of their way to make sure you are treated fairly?

Guns are tools that help preserve liberty. Can these tools be used tragic and violent purposes? There is no question about it. Now let us take a look back to WWII. Most individuals who had guns were military. These were people trained in their use and followed orders from their superiors. Tell me, how many civilians were killed by those who were required to have the guns? How people died because they had no way to defend themselves? Would any government truly order the killing of those in its way? So, do you really believe that your country is invincible and will be here forever to take care of your every little need? Guarantee me a utopia where all of humanities violent tendencies are gone forever?

Now as far as gun violence, you really need to look at those numbers with reality and objectivity. I live in a small town that I’m sure the guns outnumber the populace. Yet with all these guns there has not been a gun murder here in decades. So, who exactly are the perpetrators and victims of all this gun violence? How many of these incidents involve drugs and other illegal activity? And if you don’t answer any other question I've asked, please, PLEASE answer this one… Will these people who use guns during criminal activities be willing to follow gun control laws? Will they say “Oh, it is illegal for me to have this firearm, so I will give it away”? If not, then gun control only takes away guns from those who are responsible about their use and care.

It makes no sense to me to label everyone who owns any type of gun as a criminal. Gun laws only affect the responsible gun owners. That’s it. It cannot be any other way. Criminals will not abide by the laws. Invading forces will not abide by the law. And those who do abide by the law do not use guns for criminal and illegal purposes.

So tell me again how gun control makes us safer?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There are people who shouldn't have a gun like people who have certain mental health problems and probably think they're Nero in Rome etc so there will always be a certain level of gun control just in the olden days it would of been known around the area "don't let xxxx get hold of a gun" but once you go beyond the obvious then why should anyone not be able to respond in kind to an action from another person

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingTheWorld
Since WWII has there ever been evidence of one country invading another?

yep the US invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.
Can you imagine what would've happened if those countries didn't have guns? It would've made it a whole lot easier for us.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

I'm planning on moving back to Wisconsin this summer to a town with a population of roughly 800. The town might as well be abandoned during deer season...at least until the sun goes down.

There hasn't been a murder there in decades.

top topics

join