It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man finds massive 5.5 kg gold nugget in Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Searching for gold may not be such a hopeless thing to do, if you know where to look. Apparently a local prospector in Ballarat, Australia knew where to look, as he has found a gold nugget weighing 5.5 kilograms, worth up to half a million dollars. The name of the lucky man, who discovered the precious nugget, is being kept secret, the Courier newspaper reports. Experts at the Ballarat Mining Exchange Gold Shop, who took the gold nugget for evaluation, say it was found about 60 centimeters below the surface of the earth. Gold nuggets of such enormous size are extremely rare.

rt.com...

I like gold. I ..like.. gold.. A.. LOT!
edit on 17-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I have an admission to make, I rather enjoy watching those Alaska Gold Rush and Bering Sea Gold reality shows.............ducks.....

I really want to whack together my own amateur rig and give it a go somewhere here in NSW, I've been meaning to research good areas.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I don't want to sound like my mind is in the gutter, but this resembles the shape of something not appropriate.....Maybe it was used years ago as a giant d............Nevermind

I couldn't be lucky enough to find a sliver of gold worth like 10 bucks.......Some guys have all the luck......

Whelp, time to start digging up the backyard....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yeah, no kidding. Be nice to trip over something like that.

Lucky guy.

Hopefully he's single.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Searching for gold may not be such a hopeless thing to do, if you know where to look. Apparently a local prospector in Ballarat, Australia knew where to look, as he has found a gold nugget weighing 5.5 kilograms, worth up to half a million dollars. The name of the lucky man, who discovered the precious nugget, is being kept secret, the Courier newspaper reports. Experts at the Ballarat Mining Exchange Gold Shop, who took the gold nugget for evaluation, say it was found about 60 centimeters below the surface of the earth. Gold nuggets of such enormous size are extremely rare.

rt.com...

Hope the guy bought the land before releasing his discovery. Must be much, much more gold in that area.

I like gold. I ..like.. gold.. A.. LOT!
edit on 17-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Holy kittens!
That's one big nugget!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It looks like a dogs head.. Wonder if this was lost by someone a long time ago !

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well that is clearly a worn down head from a statue of Anubis. He should go look for the rest of the statue.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Read this this morning on Huff Post, what a great story !

5 lbs of gold just laying there waiting to be found? Nice.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
dayyyyum!!! wish i'd find a nice bonus like that!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
I don't want to sound like my mind is in the gutter, but this resembles the shape of something not appropriate...

See a doctor immediately.

Great find, but unfortunately I see many lawyers in this mans future.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The claimant better watch his back, I should imagine the Annunaki have scanned the global media and will be sending a recovery ship to his address as we speak. Surely he must know that the Gold belongs to the Annunaki?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Great find, but unfortunately I see many lawyers in this mans future.

Lawyers, taxes, fines, friends, relatives and groups all knocking on his door.

With whatever he is able to clear after all the horrors are over with he should change his name and move to another country.

So many windfalls like this end up in suicide or early death all because people cant just leave the lucky alone. They have to claw and scratch and attack until his lucky break becomes a curse.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The Holy Grail...already melted down....

What a nice find for that man.

Des

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I thought it looked like a potato.

Stories like this give hope to the other 99% of gold hunters who don't find squat.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It seems they are trying to talk up a gold rush in Central Victoria lately. The articles on this and the news reports are starting the story with the words gold ruch. There was a much smaller nugget found a couple of months ago and the media were again talking about a gold rush. It seems there are some gold seekers or potential gold seekers (me), on ATS, I am going to start a topic for us in the survival forum.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ground score! (Carnie lingo)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's a dingo!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
My parents have a metal detector and get these magazines full of stories like this.. I'm hook.. My dream is to one day go to Alaska and detect down some of the streams they have there.. Awesome post.. Its nice to read these little "nuggets" amongst all the depressing doom and gloom..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

I don't want to sound like my mind is in the gutter, but this resembles the shape of something not appropriate.....Maybe it was used years ago as a giant d............Nevermind

Dude... Now all i can see when I look at that picture is....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join