It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Sleet/Snow Fall: Arkansas ??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ran across this on B4 it's news (i know ?) Just check out the video first.

The sleet and snow that fell on January 15 2013 in White County Arkansas was not normal. Background levels in this area are 35cpm. The sleet and snow was showing an alert level above 100cpm. The high levels only lasted about 24 hours indicating a short half life of the hot particles. This kind of exposure can reduce the immune system and may be the cause for recent spikes in flu and illness in this area and others.

______beforeitsnews/weather/2013/01/radioactive-sleetsnow-fall-arkansas-why-no-official-warnings-2438806.html
edit on 17-1-2013 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Interesting theory. Now where did the radioactive particles come from?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

I was wondering the same.

Could this have something to do with it?

Louisiana sinkhole – fears of radioactivity and gas explosion as sinkhole gets bigger
By chillymanjaro– Posted on August 16, 2012

Boiling bubbles in the waters of Bayou Corne, in Assumption Parish, about 50 miles south of Baton Rouge in Louisiana, US, concerned residents in mid-May. Then, suddenly a massive sinkhole appeared on August 3. It forced the closure of nearby highway 70 after a gas line along that route bent and led to fears of an explosion. Officials believe the sinkhole could give off radiation or cause explosions that would harm local residents

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
How long can radioactive particles stay in the atmosphere before dissipating or falling to earth? Plus one would have to look at the weather patterns in your area (jet stream, etc.).
edit on 17-1-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa

I was wondering the same.

Could this have something to do with it?

Louisiana sinkhole – fears of radioactivity and gas explosion as sinkhole gets bigger
By chillymanjaro– Posted on August 16, 2012

Boiling bubbles in the waters of Bayou Corne, in Assumption Parish, about 50 miles south of Baton Rouge in Louisiana, US, concerned residents in mid-May. Then, suddenly a massive sinkhole appeared on August 3. It forced the closure of nearby highway 70 after a gas line along that route bent and led to fears of an explosion. Officials believe the sinkhole could give off radiation or cause explosions that would harm local residents

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

Why would a sinkhole give off radiation? I have no idea about the geography there. Was it a dumping ground for nuclear waste or is it from a natural source?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This could be a cause.

Fukushima will start burning radioactive debris containing up to 100,000 becquerels of radioactive cesium per kilogram. As Mainchi notes:
The state will start building storage facilities for debris generated by the March 2011 tsunami as early as May at two locations in a coastal area of Naraha town, Fukushima Prefecture, Environment Ministry and town officials said Saturday.
*** About 25,000 tons of debris are expected to be brought into the facilities beginning in the summer, according to the officials. ***

www.washingtonsblog.com...

I wonder if they are still burning the debris.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wasn't there something not to long ago about Birds dying in Arkansas? Or was that debunked by chemtrails? correct me if i'm wrong.. This seems to play a corresponding role.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Finding a bit of info here.

How far from the plant will radioactive particles travel? A: That depends on the prevailing wind and weather. Radioactive elements are heavy and don’t remain airborne very long.

www.bloomberg.com...

and here.

science.jrank.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Maybe from 3 sources that I can think of:

1: There is a reactor here. en.wikipedia.org...

2: Fukushima.....The gift that keeps on giving

3: Now I know this one will rattle a feather or two. But the chemtrail issue is one possibility that I can not rule out. I have observed over the last couple of years,heavy chemtrailing 24 to just a few hours before the rain moves in...I know this sounds crazy
, but it is what it is!! I live in Memphis, Tn.

Here is a map of white county Arkansas.....looks like about 100 miles due east of Pope co.www.whitecountyar.org...
edit on 17-1-2013 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I live just west of the area he zoomed into on the map. Everyone around here has been ill with the flu as well as a stomach virus. I personally have had my two little ones home for the last five days battling the stomach bug and my hubby was finally able to go back to work today after being home a few days with it. It is pretty nasty stuff. Some schools are choosing to go ahead and close because so many teachers and students have been ill with one or the other.

Is this possibly lingering radiation from Japan? I would really like to hear what others think might be the cause of the high radiation levels in the sleet and their possible tie to everyone around here getting ill.

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks

Wasn't there something not to long ago about Birds dying in Arkansas? Or was that debunked by chemtrails? correct me if i'm wrong.. This seems to play a corresponding role.

It's happened a few times in Arkansas. Here is a link from January 2012. Seems like I remember reading something on dead birds just a few weeks ago. Not sure where it was? I'll see if I can find it.

www.foxcrawl.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Maybe they have started burning the debris.
Article is from 01/12/2013

Despite fears of radioactive contamination, Osaka Prefecture is finalizing plans to begin incinerating 36,000 tons of tsunami debris from Iwate Prefecture next month. The debris is scheduled to be burned in the city of Osaka's harbor district. The resulting ash will then become landfill on Yumeshima, or "Dream Island," a man-made isle in Osaka Bay that was once a proposed site for the city's failed 2008 Summer Olympics bid. Originally, the prefecture was supposed to have begun burning the debris last spring. But local opposition due to fears the incineration would create highly radioactive ash delayed the start. Critics argued that even with special filters at the incineration plant, radioactive ash would still pollute the air, and that it was folly to bury the ash in the bay area.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

thanks! It really makes you wonder that if this "radioactive" debris were to cause these birds to die, I wonder what other short term and long term effects could be in this area due to the debris.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Just spitballing here, but didn't the spike in flu start about the same time as L'il Kim shooting off that satellite from North Korea?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's an interesting theory that this radioactive fallout (I guess this could be used as the most correct term) may indeed lower the immune responses of people thereby allowing for more flu outbreaks. Very possible.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
reply to post by Kituwa

thanks! It really makes you wonder that if this "radioactive" debris were to cause these birds to die, I wonder what other short term and long term effects could be in this area due to the debris.

It seems that if the bird deaths were from radiation poisoning, they would die at differing rates.

When these birds go down, it is as if they are shocked or breath in a large amount of a specific toxin.

Radiation sickness is a slow painful death, except for maybe an acute exposure situation. But if that were the case, it seems the witnesses would experience the same fate

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just a suggestion here...but aren't there radiation warning nets across the US? Track the signature of the higher readings ...if not by historic data then the next time this happens. The EPA Radnet is kinda worthless and their idea of updates would have us all glowing like Homer Simpson by the time they noticed a problem existed. There are others though....

I wouldn't think Fuku, personally. Short lived? Well, Short lived wouldn't have made the long trip from Fuku around and around to come back and fall on Arkansas. You have a Nuke plant off I-40 though. Is all well at that facility? What is in Oklahoma or Texas and upwind of the storm track that did this?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Throwing in my 2 cents...I was watching the Dr.'s and they mentioned Mold spores from the Sandy storm could be effecting people via traveling in the winds...Not to mention all the chemicals and rat poo as well as radiation that came to the surface after the storm...This stuff would have no problem spreading via the wind...See Wind Map
edit on 17-1-2013 by relocator because: added text

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Just a suggestion here...but aren't there radiation warning nets across the US? Track the signature of the higher readings ...if not by historic data then the next time this happens. The EPA Radnet is kinda worthless and their idea of updates would have us all glowing like Homer Simpson by the time they noticed a problem existed. There are others though....

I wouldn't think Fuku, personally. Short lived? Well, Short lived wouldn't have made the long trip from Fuku around and around to come back and fall on Arkansas. You have a Nuke plant off I-40 though. Is all well at that facility? What is in Oklahoma or Texas and upwind of the storm track that did this?

It would be nice if we could rely on our good uncle Sam.....But do you remember when Fukushima happened, the entire west coast radiation monitoring system was down for WEEKS

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
With that short of half life, I would say It’s just normal radon fallout. Or radon decay products so to speak.

The prevailing wind was probably bringing high radon content air from north west of you. When it hit the precipitation, it scrubbed the radon decay products out of the air, and deposited them in the precipitation.

Some of the highest radon levels in the nation are to the north west of you so the cold air coming down and hitting the warm air is most likely bringing those natural decay products with them.

In most of the country you will get a radon induced radiation spike when it rains. It caused a lot of false alarms in the military in the early years of the nuclear industry until they figured out what was causing it, and finally figured out it was caused by natural processes that have been going on since before humans existed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join