It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wyoming Law Will Prosecute ATF and FBI Enforcement of Unconstitutional Gun Laws

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
We are a state of proud gun owners with an average of 6 guns per person. It is also worth noting that we also have the lowest violent crime rate per capita of any state in the US. We also have a castle doctrine law that allows the use of deadly force to protect your home and property.

Great post, but do you have a source for the violent crime rate stats?

According to State Rankings, the state I live in (Maine) has the lowest violent crime rate --- 118 per 100,000. The city I live in has a rate of 49 per 100,000.

Wyoming is the 43rd safest, with 239 violent crimes per 100,000. The highest rates in violent crime are Louisiana, Tennessee & Nevada.

I wonder how the administration will respond to this; if the gun control legislation is passed, then federal agents attempting to interfere in Wyoming will get 2 years... I can't imagine the federal government taking too kindly to it. If other states begin to follow suit then things will escalate even more.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Wyoming Law Will Prosecute ATF and FBI Enforcement of Unconstitutional Gun Laws,

Let's see now, wouldn't that be like outlawing dry water or cold fire? I mean really! Who exactly is going to decide the constitutionality of the law in question? The U.S. Supreme Court, that's who! Who is going to send federal agents to enforce laws deemed to be unconstitutional by the Supreme Court? No one, that's who!

If anything, this is nothing more than another public display of pure unadulterated ignorance on the part of republican controlled state legislatures. Apparently they're of the opinion that enacting legislation to outlaw things that don't exist is a high priority item. What a joke!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

you can go ahead and think that. In the meantime we will just go ahead and give the federal government a big middle finger.

That includes all three branches

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Not sure why you find such and issue with this

Federal law supercedes state law I thought, so this is just symbolic.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

The Constitution and Bill of Rights trump the Federal Gov't and delegate the specific powers of the Federal Gov't.

You should read the 9th and 10th Amendments:

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by futurenow

And that is exactly it.. We (in wyoming) are enforcing our state's / people's 10th amendment rights to protect our 2nd amendment rights....

The constitution is such a beautifully written document isn't it?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by DaMod

Perhaps the gun nuts 'holier than thou' stance has finally pissed off enough of ATS that they are steering clear of the debate?

No they just have to deal with morons like yourself.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Kinda interesting so post worthy..

I just talked to a Local police officer and asked him about this..

I asked him if he would actually arrest a federal officer attempting to enforce the gun ban...

He said, and I quote, "Hell yeah, in a heartbeat."

He also said that he is far from the only one.

Methinks it is about to get pretty interesting around here.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I wanted to give myself a last shameless bump as more and more other states are passing laws restricting firearms and their magazine sizes namely Colorado our neighbor to the south..

I have a feeling Wyoming is going to become much more highly populated here very soon.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Looks like there are a bunch of jobs in my field out there.

Something to keep in mind.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.adn.com...

Just wanted to add that Alaska is doing the same thing. Well trying to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join