It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-religios?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I wondered is there any sort of "secret society" that hate the church, more specificle the catholic church?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Apparently Not,...

Seriously, though, I can't think of any secret organization that has as its agenda the destruction of any church...

Now there may be activist groups who opposed church policies, etc., but I can't think of a "secret" society with that as its aim or as one of its aims...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I there where some kind of secret society aiming to destroy the church they would probably do it in favor for some other religion or belief.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The Catholic Church feels that Freemasonry is a threat to Christianity. Christendom, and especialy the Catholic Church. there is an enyclical written by a previous pontiff called Humanum Genus on the reason why the church takes this stand.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
The Catholic Church feels that Freemasonry is a threat to Christianity. Christendom, and especialy the Catholic Church.

That makes no sense.

Do you really think that the common Catholic person gives two hoots what the Masons get up to? What do they do, repeat anti-Masonic rhetoric in mass? Do they actively teach that "Freemasonry is baaaaad, mmmmkay"? I think the problem with freemasonry lies in the upper levels of the heirarchy, and I think the problem was and is because Freemasons do not promote the "My God is better than your God" attitude the RCC has. The Freemasons teach love and tolerance, both of which the RCC has been lacking over the last two thousand years.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Do you really think that the common Catholic person gives two hoots what the Masons get up to?

There are many Catholics that I know, a majority of them, that have the idea that Freemasonry is against the Catholic church, the majority of priests in my diocese, sisters, those in 3rd order communities.

I know of hundreds of Catholics that I deal with on a personal basis in my community that know that it is forbidden for Catholics to join the Masons, and know the church's stand on it's members joining freemasonry.

In my Catholic circles, and I'm very involved in my church, K of C, Lifteen, Credo, and have several freinds who are priests, brothers seminarians, most of them take a negative stance towards masonry.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by chief_counsellor]

new topics

top topics

join