It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan geting owned by female AR-15 owner

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatcoat

Yes, he does. People that agree with him, he lets them talk all he wants, people that dont agree with him, or start to own him, he cuts off. Or puts word in their mouths. Or keeps asking the same question after question expecting to get the answer he wants. Dana said it best last night

Piers: Will you just answer the question?
Dana: I have answered ith question, repeatedly, just becasue you dont agree with the answer doesnt mean i didnt answer it.

I am guilty of watching this guy lately, it pisses me off all the crap he says, how he over inflates cycles per second on a semi auto AR15 in particular. I watch just to see what BS he is going to say next. Guilty.
edit on 17-1-2013 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I find it unfortunate that the U.S. has to endure Piers Morgan, something that we in the U.K. had to do for far too long. In the U.K. he worked for Rupert Murdoch for many years at two of the U.K.'s most repugnant newspapers, The Sun & News of the World where he became editor of the latter.
During his time as editor of the Daily Mirror newspaper he was found to have breached the Code of Conduct on financial journalism by the Press Complaints Commission after he bought shares in a company shortly before one of his journalists printed a story tipping people that they should buy shares in that company, two journalists were sacked but Morgan kept his job. He also published photographs of Iraqi prisoners being abused by British soldiers which were later found to be faked and was forced to print an apology.
More recently he has been implicated in the phone hacking scandal which has led to the Levison Enquiry into press standards in the U.K. to which evidence was given that Morgan had told other journalists how to hack voicemails of celebrities and others. One of the cases highlighted in the inquiry was the illegal accessing of the voicemail of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler, the accessing of these voicemail messages gave hope to the Dowler family that Milly was still alive when in fact we now know this was not the case. The evidence he gave himself to the enquiry was described in the inquiries final report as “utterly unpersuasive.” The News of the World was later closed down by Rupert Murdoch due to the fallout from the phone hacking scandal with some of the main players at the newspaper being charged with criminal offences. Many people have won substantial damages against the newspaper for breaches of privacy.
Over here in the U.K. he is the type of person we refer to as a smarmy tw@t & should not be trusted as far as you could throw him. His ties to the Murdoch family should be enough to make any sane person question anything he says as B/S.
As I said in my opening, I am sorry that the U.S. has to endure Morgan but thankfully the U.K. is a better place without him.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
PIERS MORGAN ON THE STEPHEN COLBERT REPORT 2ND AMENDMENT

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
PIERS MORGAN ON THE STEPHEN COLBERT REPORT 2ND AMENDMENT

www.youtube.com...

Morgan: "In the U.K. we don't have guns, the police don't have guns... you can't get guns"

well, he is talking the usual Morgan B/S... I live in Liverpool, Merseyside where not a week goes by without a gang related shooting incident of one sort or another. In fact only last weekend someone was shot in both legs whilst waiting to take part in a Sunday morning football (soccer) match on the playing fields not 2 miles from my house. As for the police not having guns... B/S!! We have Armed Responce Units where the officers have MP5's along with side arms & If you go to a major transport hub in the U.K. you will see armed Police Officers with MP5's & side arms.
As I said in an earlier post, anything Morgan says should be taken as B/S.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by commencalrider

It is quite easy to get a gun if you take a trip to France. A lot of UK criminals are evidently doing it.

www.thesun.co.uk...

Taking advantage of France’s slack gun laws, criminals are paying less than £20 to make the short trip across the Channel.

Once there, they are free to buy replica blank firing guns which can be converted to shoot real bullets for as little as £50 by underworld armourers.

Even more alarmingly, anyone over the age of 18 is allowed to buy what are known as “black powder weapons” — guns which look like vintage muskets but fire heavy ball bearings using gun powder and are capable of killing.
………..

We bought 1,000 ball bearings and some gunpowder charges for a further £50 — all we needed for an assassin’s kit.

That is the problem when you have easy regular commuting from one country to another. The country with the slackest regulations sets the bottom limit on how easy it is to get something. That is a negative side effect of the Euro zone.

Anyone that says that guns are not available in the UK is definitely detached from reality.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
i might regret sayin this, but i like Piers Morgan and agree with him on this whole issue.
Piers asked valid questions, and those girls just rambled on without answering anything.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

You are correct, it is easy to get guns in the U.K. My area of the country, Liverpool has a particular gun problem which is related to gangs. There are guns for hire on the streets of Liverpool, you don't even have to purchase them. Recently we got a new Police Commander for our Elite police Unit "Matrix" who explained the problem as being "significant"

Matrix Chief Vows To Turn Fear Back On Gangs

as I said earlier, Only last weekend there was another gang related shooting incident not 2 miles from my house...
Man shot at local football match

Gun crime in the U.K. is a problem, not just in my city but in every major city in the country and for Morgan to say any different, well, we are just back to the fact he talks a lot of B/S

Liverpool Shooting Map since January 2011

This is a beautiful city with many many wonderful people BUT.. we do have gun crime.
edit on 17/1/13 by commencalrider because: fix link

edit on 17/1/13 by commencalrider because: add link

edit on 17/1/13 by commencalrider because: add link

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I seriously hope this guy gets jacked on his show...If he kept interrupting me like that, I'd give him a warning...then the next time, fist meet jaw...Pompous douche, get outta the country if you hate it so much and have no common sense, I'd consider it a blessing.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
i might regret sayin this, but i like Piers Morgan and agree with him on this whole issue.
Piers asked valid questions, and those girls just rambled on without answering anything.

Maybe he is asking valid questions but the same questions are constantly repeated.. he has nothing else when it comes to the gun debate, he has never fired a gun, doesn't know anything about guns yet thinks that they are the biggest problem since Hitler. But the thing that gets me is that he cannot hold his own standpoint. Everything he uses in his defence can be picked apart with ease.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by commencalrider

Its the same here in Australia. We have our hunting rifles etc but when it comes to gang related shootings, they are everywhere. I swear every 2 days or so I'm hearing of someone being shot in Sydney at the moment..

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Ummm they answered every question that was asked. Just because you dont like or agree with their answers, doesnt mean they didnt answer the question..

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

Respectively, I have to disagree entirely with him. He is really a puppet. Set to have 1 view point, and 1 view point alone. Unfortunately, he is not on the constitution side, or as I would like to say, the jedi side.

Don't go to the dark side.

We all know Piers would lose in this debate, if he wouldn't cut off his opponent every sentence.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Laws dont stop crime. Period. If that was true then there would not be 34,000,000 speeding tickets issued each year in american. POINT MADE. I

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
All he does is interrupt and never let the person speak. What the fak is this?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It amazes me that this guy is still on the air. From what I understand, his ratings are dismal. He isn't a Journalist in even the most liberal sense of the word. I wish he would let somebody answer a question at leas, but he won't do that, because every argument he presents, at least on gun control, is wrong and easily picked apart.

CX

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I only caught a clip of that video, from 1:28 where they are talking about the guy who was attacked by several men with tire irons and bats (not sure exactly how many),.....just hearing Piers arguing about the victim having a gun for defense makes me never want to hear him again as long as i live.

I tire iron through the skull can kill. A bat through the skull can kill.

I would challenge anyone who found themselves in a situation, where they could end up losing their life, where they may not see their loved ones again....to turn down the chance of a gun for defense.

CX.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

exactly, one direct hit to the head and your toast and I don't care what anyone says, Piers Morgan is a douche and I would happily take a gun to defend myself in that situation.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Peirs is a RUDE prick and can not hold a legit debate.

He never argues a point in a reasonable manner and has to rely on over talking, cutting people off and personal insults.

To me watching his show is paramount to scratching nails on a chalk board.
He is so rude makes me want to walk up to him and knock him out and I am not even a fighter.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I think they should lock Morgan and Hannity in a research lab at MIT where they can be studied. And maybe just maybe we can find a cure for stupid. One can only hope.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Wow, that was such a monkey show that I almost couldn't watch. Why bring on guests if you aren't even going to let them talk. How does this even approach professional journalism. It was like a spoof with all three yelling at once. Who ever thought that hiring this guy was a good plan? It was the first time I have ever seen him and probably the last.

edit on 19-1-2013 by dainoyfb because: of typo.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join