It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan geting owned by female AR-15 owner

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well, it seems Piers still can't get his point across and this time its a female AR-15 owner owning him. Same old story, when the guest tries to make a point, Piers butts in, cuts her off and then cracks the sads
When Piers trys to justify his stance, he actually digs a hole for himself. He says that James Holmes was a law abiding citizen but forgets to mention that he was also seeking psychatric help at the time.

The guest is quick to pick this up and also tells piers that if a background check was performed on Holmes, maybe he wouldn't of had access to the guns he was able to purchase. Piers also asks the guest whether she agrees with any of Obamas proposals to which she pretty much says no.

edit on 17-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I watched the Vid, and something Struck me as Funny.

The Chick on the Top said She didnt find ONE of Obamas Changes Agreeable.

Soo, The things that could lead to Guns Not Falling into the Wrong Hands is Wrong.

To the OP, did you agree with any of the Changes offered?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
why did this guy replace Larry King in the first place?

i used to watch Larry, i never watch Piers and i don't relate to him at all..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Soo, The things that could lead to Guns Not Falling into the Wrong Hands is Wrong.

This is why they are unagreeable.

There is nothing in his executive actions or in an AWB or magazine cap that could or would keep guns from falling into the wring hands.

A consistent failure of the proponents of such actions is their inability to map out exactly how any of these steps would prevent any of the past events from happening or prevent future events from occurring.

We're all just supposed to "do something!" and have faith that things will be different without any concrete proof or promise that anything will be different.

I'm not a religious man and cannot muster up this "faith". I want to see real plans with real projected outcomes and all the steps in between.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Is anyone else starting to think Peirce Morgan should get his own forum on ATS?

We know he doesn’t like guns, doesn’t mean that we need video after video of this same idiot saying the same thing over and over again.

Now admittedly his opponent wasn’t much better than him, just like Alex Jones actually managed to make Peirce Morgan look like he has half a brain so did this woman.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

Agreed, Larry King allowed people to actually talk and get their point across without interrupting. One would think his replacement would be like minded. But, it is no coincidence that Hollywood has 20 times the number of Lobbyists in Washington than the NRA has. Hollywood is virtually running the country now. This guy is just one more nail in America's coffin as far as liberty and freedom go.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Has Piers Morgan ever let anyone complete a sentence? Ever? Why do people talk to this w@nker?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't know how people can watch this kook. All he does is interrupt his guests until everybody is just trying to talk over each other. Even if I agreed with him on it would still be painful to watch. He needs to ask a question and then STFU and let them answer. I understand he needs to keep them on track if they start ranting or something but this is ridiculous. And he likes to put words in peoples mouths.

Also, I don't agree with most of his executive orders with some exceptions:

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
It couldn't hurt to teach gun safety to people. Other than the fact that taxpayers are paying for it. They could and have done worse with my money though.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
Safer gun safes couldn't hurt either.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
I kind of figured this was already part of the curriculum.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
I thought the left thought the NRA was crazy for wanting armed people in schools.
edit on 17-1-2013 by danneu89 because: add italics for easier reading

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This guy won't be on the air much longer. He is incompetent.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I love these videos... they really highlight the uppity, elitist uber lib anti-freedom/liberty pro-serfdom personality perfectly that so many anti-gun advocates espouse.

That being: if you dont get your way and get owned with logic and reason and called out on your BS, start raising your voice, yell over people, throw tantrum on TV, cut the mics of your opponents and crumple up your papers in indignant resign!
edit on 1/17/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ok Piers, if it makes you sick...leave the country.
Why are you here spouting off like a spoiled Brit anyways?
Go back to England where gun control is accepted and enforced.
There you can spew this agenda with no recourse.

Mr. Morgan deserves no special treatment.
He has NO say in American law whatsoever.
He is rich, and apparently well protected so he doesn't need "firearms".

I will protect my right to use deadly force when my life is endangered with deadly force.
I will also protect my right to protect my property and loved ones the same.
If this country is ever invaded, or terrorized, where is my military? The middle east!
Where is my protection from a foreign(or domestic) tyrannical gov't?!
The second amendment.

Also, I will keep my right to bear arms, thank you.
Shall not be infringed.

End of story.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

That being: if you dont get your way and get owned with logic and reason and called out on your BS, start raising your voice, yell over people, throw tantrum on TV, cut the mics of your opponents and crumple up your papers in indignant resign!

Just like Alex Jones you mean? Yeah, totally works at making people distance themselves from your lunacy.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Just like Alex Jones you mean? Yeah, totally works at making people distance themselves from your lunacy.

I think the difference is that Alex Jones has spent many many years building a tailored audience to his own personal niche in life. His whole audience is made up of largely like minded people.

By contrast.... CNN is shoving this HIGHLY opinionated and one trick pony on a heavily divided nation as 'This is your news..take it or leave it'. When he stops amusing people as the Court Jester he's become to the CNN empire, they'll throw him overboard just as they have other high profile hosts they've experimented with in the past.

Someday, maybe, they'll remember the Cable NEWS Network their letter stand for and consider...sometimes, people just want the news and not a long lecture on how we're supposed to view it, think about it and react to it. lol.. eh?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at
why did this guy replace Larry King in the first place?

i used to watch Larry, i never watch Piers and i don't relate to him at all..

That might be the point...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

To the OP, did you agree with any of the Changes offered?

Not being American, I don't want to really comment because it affects yous, not me. But I will say that I agree that maybe the Mental illness background checks are a must as long as doctors don't start diagnosing everyone with psychosis if they know they own a gun. But I will say that coming from a country that has already banned semi autos and the possiblity of my government turning into tyrants, I would want the best weapon available to me and a single shot rifle wouldn't cut it.

Now the gun ban is what interests me. What if that is passed? How are the government going to deal with disarming every AR-15 owner who resists giving their guns up? Are they going to kick their doors down if they resist? Will the shoot to kill order come into play? The whole idea of owning those guns is to protect yourself from those types of situations. Will people exercise their 2nd amendment or simply roll over? Its a tough one but I don't agree with the gun ban.

The rest of the proposals I haven't really looked at but I'm sure they may have some good use. I think the ban of the semi automatics is what Americans should be concerned about. It seems to be the hot topic compared to the others.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I was watching another guys video on YT and he brought up some great points. One of the examples he used was maybe making the sentences of gun crime offenders longer in jail. By doing this, you are taking a problem off the streets, not letting them out to re-offend down the track etc. There are so many different options that could be looked at but it seems the US government are making it clear what they are after.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Its always nice seeing a muppet get owned on his own TV show. Its even better when a woman who owns an assault rifle can come on and show him why hes wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm sorry, was the video posted beforehand? We don't need constant threads about other issues either but they seem to keep popping up. If you don't like the threads, why bother commenting in them?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I would have opened up on him when he ask about the person being attacked by that gang with the tire irons.

Should he have shot them?

When you have a group walking up to you with metal bars, you have to assume they are there to do you grievous bodily harm.

You do not have the privilege of knowing that you are going to survive the incident after the fact. All you know is that your likelihood of dying is very high at that point. And you should respond appropriately.

So, my answer would be….. HELL YES! Pull out the gun and tell them to get the heck out of there. If they keep coming, fill them full of holes. End of story.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I agree. All Morgan could say is "did he die". Great point Piers... I know if I was being attacked by 7-8 people and a few had tire levers, I would be going Rambo simply because I wouldn't know whether I'd be seeing tommorow. All this proves also is that violent crime is not going to end with gun laws. People do and will find other ways to kill people.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join