It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Popularity Contest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
An up and down rating system would work the best for recognizing valuable contributors and also for chasing away those threads which get stars for their outlandish, usually political sentiments.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by AdAstra

Sometimes I find myself caught up in such stupidity of arguing and I find myself later being angry that I responded in a negative way or if I was rude. Worse is if someone does actually piss me off and being so I find a weakness in them and cut them to the quick. This just makes me just as bad as they are being.

And this is one of the reasons why editing should be allowed for far longer than the nominal 40 minuts or so - at least a day, if not indefinitely, which would be the right approach, IMO. But that's a different story.

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

An up and down rating system would work the best for recognizing valuable contributors and also for chasing away those threads which get stars for their outlandish, usually political sentiments.

Why ANY rating at all?
With no rating, people would be forced to actually READ the posts and to recognize the merits of a post/thread, or their lack thereof, by using their own discernment only. I'd say that would chase away even more people. :-)

edit on 24-1-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Taking a look at the top members list, all of them are popular, and only popular because of the time and effort they spend creating content on these boards. That doesn't mean they are all liked however.

Where am I on that top-members list? popular and liked or popular and not liked? I can guess!

Seriously though .. to the OP ... I'm thinking that getting flags and lots of people posting on a thread have nothing to do with how much people here like or dislike the author of the thread. It has to do with the subject material and how it's presented. I post on threads that are started with awesome opening posts just as much as those with lousy opening posts .. and I don't care who the author is. To me, it's irrelevant. I pretty much ignore who the author is ... except for a very small number of posters here.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I didn't even know there was such a list. (And I don't think I'll be tempted to look for it in the foreseeable future.)
It says it all, really.

I rest my case.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra
I didn't even know there was such a list.

For who ever is interested - ATS 50 Top Members List
I'm thinking a lot of people don't know that is here ....

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Interesting idea.

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join