It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US has more guns than any Country in the World - We are going to be safe when?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

Did you really understood the charts that I gave you...

If you read it again you might understand is not the amount of guns, is the amount of crazy we have ...
US is the most medicated nations.

Don't you think you have to be a little crazy, to plan the death of school children...
and if you are that crazy would you not go to the extremes to cause pain???

Case in point the worst massacre of children wasn't done by weapons.

en.wikipedia.org...

what is the only common denominator?: A Crazy Individual...

We should be more conscious of the mental issues in the US that the Guns in the hands of law abide citizens.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The great experiment on the issue of banning guns is Chicago. They have the highest gun crime rate in the U.S. America is breeding thugs at an alarming rate. Gangs run rampant in America and they all have guns. They love to use their guns on unarmed citizens. They laugh and laugh and laugh and brag and brag and brag about the people they kill. You really want fewer guns in America? Round them up! They all have tattoo's to identify them. They have their own TV show! We know who they are, where they are. They are simply terrorists and should be treated as such. Try making America a safe place to raise a family without the need for a gun then there will be fewer guns. The rest is just plain BS liberal spew. America will never ever give up gun rights, ever. Nor should they. Where i live nearly everyone has at least 3 guns. We do not have gun crime. That is no coincidence.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Too be fair the gun nuts are correct......... Its not guns that kill people, its people who kill people!

And monkeys, monkeys kill people........... If they have a gun

I don’t think it’s fair you call us gun owners “gun nuts”

If you want to start to name call, us gun owners should start calling you gun grabbers, totalitarians, because let’s face it, your all tyrants. Your trying to impose your utopia on us and we don’t want any of it. We just want to be left alone.

DON’T TREAD ON ME!

edit on 17-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

LOL

Gun grabber was one of the nicer names Ive been called over the past few weeks.

I genuinely dont mean any offence when I say gun nuts, I use the term because I cant think of anything else thats appropriate.
The vast majority of (vocal) gun owners on this site have expressed in one way or another that they are in fact just gun nuts

So what would be your definition of a gun nut? A person that owns a gun? Someone that owns a AR-15? Or is it typically a gun owner that doesn’t agree with “your” ( I use this lightly because I’m speaking in general) utopian ideas?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The United States has the greatest number of dumb questions because of freedom of speech. When are we going to eliminate stupidity...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So what would be your definition of a gun nut? A person that owns a gun? Someone that owns a AR-15? Or is it typically a gun owner that doesn’t agree with “your”
Thats the Best Question asked in any Gun Thread.

A Gun Nut is a Selfish **** that Refuses to see there is a Problem in this Country Concerning Firearms, and is Willing to Let the Country Sink Further, then Allow Change that will be for the Betterment of ALL US Citizens.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Let's say the NRA is Right.. How many guns before we are safe? Whats the number? When will they say, "OK, WE Have enough!!"

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's not the number owns that need to be looked at; it's the number of people with access to them at the time of a crises.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

So what would be your definition of a gun nut? A person that owns a gun? Someone that owns a AR-15? Or is it typically a gun owner that doesn’t agree with “your”

A Gun Nut is a Selfish **** that Refuses to see there is a Problem in this Country Concerning Firearms, and is Willing to Let the Country Sink Further, then Allow Change that will be for the Betterment of ALL US Citizens.

I fail to understand your logic. So rounding up all the law abiding citizens guns will fix the problem? To my knowledge it’s the whack jobs that are killing people, the mentally ill, not law abiding citizens.

What would you do to fix the problem?

my fix would be to have more law abiding citizens carry, Those trained and checked out to be in good health should have the option to carry. Its the same concept as a cop. More good guys with guns will reduce the loss in human life.

Bad guys are going to get gun no matter what, i fail to see how removing guns from law abiding citizens will stop the nut jobs from killing
edit on 17-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

That's fair. I will counter with my definition of a gun-grabber - Someone who refuses to see there is a problem in this country concerning MENTAL HEALTH and VIOLENCE and instead wants to place the blame squarely on a TOOL that is used in a relatively tiny portion of said violence.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They keep on addressing the problem of gun crime like a crime, which is the flaw. If they really wished to see a difference they should address it like they do a fire. Something that is out of their control, that does not care about their laws or who may be hurt and can never completely stopped.
edit on 17-1-2013 by ObjectZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
We will be safe when there is no more evil on this earth to worry about. No more murders, rapist, child abuse, slavery, home invasions, corrupt leaders, psychopaths, sociopaths, etc.

So until the merry magic fairies come down and spread their merry magic fairy dust all over the earth that will eliminate all evil, I'll keep my guns and fight against those trying to take them.
Pladuim

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is too important a topic to just argue and throw bombs at each other, so let's look at it scientifically. If we apply Occam's razor to the statistics, the simplest answer is the most likely. If there are more guns and more gun crimes, then if there are less guns.... well you do the math. And I wouldn't jump to that conclusion if there weren't examples all over the world.. the UK is the best example... They INVENTED the society we have in the US created the game video game Grand Theft Auto, but have 40 times less gun crimes and gun deaths.... Please explain another plausible reason....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1
This is too important a topic to just argue and throw bombs at each other, so let's look at it scientifically. If we apply Occam's razor to the statistics, the simplest answer is the most likely. If there are more guns and more gun crimes, then if there are less guns.... well you do the math. And I wouldn't jump to that conclusion if there weren't examples all over the world.. the UK is the best example... They INVENTED the society we have in the US created the game video game Grand Theft Auto, but have 40 times less gun crimes and gun deaths.... Please explain another plausible reason....

I would really like to se your source for that "40 times less gun crimes" comment.

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim
We will be safe when there is no more evil on this earth to worry about. No more murders, rapist, child abuse, slavery, home invasions, corrupt leaders, psychopaths, sociopaths, etc.

So until the merry magic fairies come down and spread their merry magic fairy dust all over the earth that will eliminate all evil, I'll keep my guns and fight against those trying to take them.
Pladuim

Look... I understand where you are coming from... I have a baby brother that was gunned down and killed at 21, But the facts for the US being safer with more guns, just doesn't add up. there is not 1 example in the world I know of where the people were made safer because of more weapons.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

WE tried to vote him out !

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I would really like to se your source for that "40 times less gun crimes" comment.

Pladuim

Here ya go..!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

US..10.6 deaths per 100k. in 2011

UK .25 in 2011

Its actually 43 times... I was wrong Its much worse

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

US..10.6 deaths per 100k. in 2011

UK .25 in 2011

Its actually 43 times... I was wrong Its much worse

Where the heck did you get those numbers?en.wikipedia.org... _homicide_rate

Total homocide rate US: 4.8/100K
UK: 1.2/100K

Your numbers are disingenuous, because they take the total firearms deaths to include suicide (and there is zero evidence that gun bans stop suicide, look at Japan with one of the largest suicide rates in the world) and justifiable shootings--say of police against criminals. It is also deceitful becuase it jsut talks about gun murders, neglecting all other types of murder as if getting killed by a knife is so much better than getting killed by a gun.
edit on 17-1-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The town i live in is an example of more guns resulting in less gun violence. Chicago has a gun ban but has the highest gun crime. Your reasoning does not stand up to facts. Guns are not the problem. People with no respect for life is the basic problem. Though there are many other problems in our society that make it unsafe to not own at least one gun for home protection at the least. Thugs are cowards. If they think you have a gun they will move to a helpless target.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Pladuim

Look... I understand where you are coming from... I have a baby brother that was gunned down and killed at 21, But the facts for the US being safer with more guns, just doesn't add up. there is not 1 example in the world I know of where the people were made safer because of more weapons.

Look up Switzerland. Each house is mandated to have fully operational battle rifle.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join