It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US has more guns than any Country in the World - We are going to be safe when?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
the only gun control we need is a steady squeeze of the trigger.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Yeah, I think it changed when the NRA developed a "financially advantageous" relationship with the gun industry. You scratch our backs, we'll scratch yours -- with $$$$$$$

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
You will never be safe until you have one more gun than your next door neighbour.

Unless you have more brains than your next door neighbor.

In this gun argument, brains are a highly undervalued resource. One assumes there are none and a weapon is the only means of defense or outwitting your enemy. Shocking to some - It's not.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by newcovenant

We need more guns to stop all the needless shootings!!! We need more burgers to stop the obesity problem!!!
edit on 17/1/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Another comment that makes no sense at all.

Not really.... it makes perfect sense and it's the logic used by Gun Morons.

Every time there is a tragedy, gun sales rocket... what does that say? It says that people think the more guns that they have and ergo, everyone else has, the safer they are.

The equivalent would be eating burgers (and more food) to stop getting fat.

Just the kind of logic Gun Lovin' Americans espouse.

No, gun sales rocket when idiots start talking of banning guns.

The "equivalent" (or at least closer than your example) would be buying more burgers to put in your freezer when the government started talking about banning burgers.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Why is this in breaking political news? Oh, because we need yet another gun-bashing thread that promotes more gun control that has no effect on the actual problem. Silly me

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

But but.. Burgers put food on the table and scare off thieves that are vegetarian.

I don't understand why putting strict rule on Guns is bad? How does making car license harder to get punish law abiding citizen? it weeds out the crazy and keep in check who has what guns.

How does criminal gets guns? from law abiding folks that never registered.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

That logic refers to the failures of "gun free" zones.

Of course you knew that. You're just playing asshat for the fun of it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

How does criminal gets guns? from law abiding folks that never registered.

Same way they get their hands on an unregistered car.

I suppose there arent any unregistered cars being driven by unlicensed drivers though, right?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

We need more guns to stop all the needless shootings!!! We need more burgers to stop the obesity problem!!!

Another comment that makes no sense at all.

Not really.... it makes perfect sense and it's the logic used by Gun Morons.

Every time there is a tragedy, gun sales rocket... what does that say? It says that people think the more guns that they have and ergo, everyone else has, the safer they are.

The equivalent would be eating burgers (and more food) to stop getting fat.

Just the kind of logic Gun Lovin' Americans espouse.

you gun grabbers are So petrified of guns its comical. You argue over gun control yet you don’t even know what you’re talking about half the time. If you would go out to the range, you would learn that a gun can’t kill you by itself. It’s the crazy mental mad man who stole the gun that kills you.

Please stop arguing about something you don’t know anything about. Without looking it up, What’s the difference between a clip and mag, an “assault rifle” and a normal rifle, or that an M-16,M-4 (Civilian AR-15) is chambered in .223 (5.56 Nato) and a .223 in the battlefield is made to wound not kill. ( Typically a casualty pulls four men out of battle to tend to the wounded, if you kill the man, those four men keep fighting) Or only 300 or so americans died by rifle fire in the USA in 2011. Things like what are the current gun laws and practices to keep crazy people from buying guns Aren’t typically known by the gun grabbers.

All this stuff is ranted by the gun grabbers yet they don’t know what the H*** there talking about. It makes you look Very ill informed and unintelligent. When you come to ATS to debate, make sure you don’t bring your knife to a gun fight.
edit on 17-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Too bad so many good owners keep their locked up at home, where it does them no good. Where as bad guy just don't care.

I'm still waiting to see the file that says someone stopped robbing someone else at gun point because they were informed that their gun was illegal. If anyone see one I’d like to see it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

That is a stupid argument.
None of those things are designed to kill many people quickly and easily.

LOL

Im aware of that, just wanted to say it before some gun nut did

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Too be fair the gun nuts are correct......... Its not guns that kill people, its people who kill people!

And monkeys, monkeys kill people........... If they have a gun

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Too be fair the gun nuts are correct......... Its not guns that kill people, its people who kill people!

I don’t think it’s fair you call us gun owners “gun nuts”

If you want to start to name call, us gun owners should start calling you gun grabbers, totalitarians, because let’s face it, your all tyrants. Your trying to impose your utopia on us and we don’t want any of it. We just want to be left alone.

DON’T TREAD ON ME!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by koder

I think you misunderstood my numbers...

They imply that having more guns doesn't equate to guns killing more people...
Read it again... you might be barking at the wrong tree...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuniorsan
reply to post by koder

I think you misunderstood my numbers...

They imply that having more guns doesn't equate to guns killing more people...
Read it again... you might be barking at the wrong tree...

to the totalitarians, facts dont matter.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1
If guns make us safe, the US should be the safest place in the entire world, as we hae more guns AND more guns per capita than any place on Earth. So Why are we the most dangerous place of all industrialized nations? Why is crime with guns growing as gun ownership grows? You see the simple math here. I haven't given ANY opinions. Just facts. But like Mitt said, "Our campaign isnt going to be dictated to by fact-checkers.." The more guns we own in this country, the more death with them is elevated. There is NO disputing that. Countries with less guns have many many fewer gun deaths and gun crimes. Is a school filled with Guns the definition of freedom? Are we free is everyone in the US has a gun at their hip? Is that true freedom? This "Mad Max" vision of the US is not Freedom at all. (That last part was my opinion) Why do you deny these truths?

When we end the WOD and put violent criminals away for good, instead of molycoddling them.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

Gun crimes are not growing as gun ownership grows - it's the exact opposite. Check your facts at Fact Check dot Org or at the FBI's website. Gun murders are at the lowest per capita rate since 1981; Aggravated gun assaults lowest per capita rate since 2004; robbery with guns at lowest per capita rate since 2004; gun ownership highest per capita rate since 2001.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

I don’t think it’s fair you call us gun owners “gun nuts”

If you want to start to name call, us gun owners should start calling you gun grabbers, totalitarians, because let’s face it, your all tyrants. Your trying to impose your utopia on us and we don’t want any of it. We just want to be left alone.

DON’T TREAD ON ME!

LOL

Gun grabber was one of the nicer names Ive been called over the past few weeks.

I genuinely dont mean any offence when I say gun nuts, I use the term because I cant think of anything else thats appropriate.
The vast majority of (vocal) gun owners on this site have expressed in one way or another that they are in fact just gun nuts

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Once again an incorrect assumption:

Criminal will get a gun that is registered or unregistered, a few months back I had a break in, luckily for the thief I was not home, because instead of stealing my registered my 870, he would have been at the wrong end of it.

The 870 was registered as per my choice, because in the event of someone stealing my weapon, if it was ever recovered by the police they will returned to me as they did with my H&K.

The thief didn't ask if the 870 was registered, so assuming that a thief only have unregistered weapons is a fallacy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join