It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Somewhat-Disoriented Political Rant (On Conspiracy Theorisits)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Please, all comments welcome.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by streetfightingman
www.youtube.com...

Please, all comments welcome.

Nope...not gonna feed click phishing on your youtube account...you tell us what it is here, on ATS.

Des

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Err... If I can't post my site URL's to pimp my status for traffic? Sorry.. I'm not clicking through to boost someone's youtube rating.

Destiny's right on... You might do better by embedding. You may not get the credit the same way for stats? ...but that's kinda the point too.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Seriously? So you want to discuss a serious matter or boost your newly you-tube video
Pick one.

Epic fail.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What? It's on Conspiracy Theorists. It's a video rant like all of those other youtube guys you see.

What is it about me that ATS dislikes so much?
edit on 17-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have tried a number of times to embed this video.

width="420" height="315"> "https://www.youtube.com/v/kC7z_IvtWeo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

here ya go street fighter don't have time to watch it now but figured give ya a hand

For future reference when you want to post a you tube video copy everything after the = sign, and add &feature if not already there

edit on 17-1-2013 by DIRTYDONKEY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

Oh man. Thank you so much. Can you please PM me how to add video into a message?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

TY Dirtydonky for embedding.

OK, OP. To give you the benefit of the doubt, I did listen to your diatribe, after Dirtydonky embedded it for you.

I'm sorry to say. All I hear is mindless rambling. A few catch phrases loosely connecting off topic ramblings that wander on for a few thoughts, then race off in another direction.

Des

edit on 17-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It wouldn't be fair not to follow-up now that someone DID embed it..and maybe we were hasty in thinking you simply chose not to, as you hadn't asked for help in figuring it out as so many others have in the past. (Many of us are happy to help too.. just ask. really .
)

I'm giving a star and flag because I've realized after taking public speaking and presenting to large rooms of people since starting college that what you made there isn't that easy by any stretch. Those who think it is, haven't done one and posted it for everyone on Earth to see and ridicule endlessly. That takes guts....and for that? You get your S/F.

It's a bit rambling and ranty for my taste...but that doesn't take from the courage to make it and offer yourself up to the altar of bad taste and amateur critics the world over. Good for you in at least taking the plunge and taking a risk....even if I don't agree with topic or flow.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Now if you had just filmed the time you punched the guy at the store for not giving you a receipt for something you didnt buy.....

This seems kind of rambling, but youre free to ramble and voice your opinion. Just dont expect everyone to agree

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What exactly do you consider rambling? Are you saying that our current dictators do a much
better, and bang up job of speaking to the public right now?

Maybe if I was more confident in the fact that I was going to receive more than
six views as opposed to idiots who actually support opposition parties in relation to
"conspiracy theorists." or any other policies that our dictators currently adhere to and support,
then I might seem more confident addressing my nation over the internet. I'm getting
tired of blogging about my ideologies quite frankly.

This has become a real, transparent and legal issue for the Conservative Party of Canada.

Until I can receive the social documents and defense spending documents from the
Canadian government then they will have to answer to a tax denizen who is literate and engaged
in the justice system

Did you know that Capital One Bank had six adjourned litigation filings against it? Today, just today alone.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

That's a strong accusation to make without any validation

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What exactly do you consider rambling? Are you saying that our current dictators do a much
better, and bang up job of speaking to the public right now?

Maybe if I was more confident in the fact that I was going to receive more than
six views as opposed to idiots who actually support opposition parties in relation to
"conspiracy theorists." or any other policies that our dictators currently adhere to and support,
then I might seem more confident addressing my nation over the internet. I'm getting
tired of blogging about my ideologies quite frankly.

What a terrible attitude.

First off, Wrabbit didn't mention anything about confidence. In fact, they were praising you for being confident enough to make the video and put yourself out there. Their problem was with how you did it which doesn't have a lot to do confidence and has more to do with preparation.

You don't need to make your video extemporaneously. It's seems that's what you did. Maybe you didn't, but if not you need to polish it a lot more. Write down what you're going to say. Edit your thoughts and then rehearse it a bunch of times. As you rehearse, keep making changes to it. I'm not saying it will make your video immune to criticism, but it'll help cut down on people saying it's rambling or mindless.

The problem I have with your attitude is you seem to automatically expect thousands of views without being willing to do the work. At the beginning, you might only get six views. But why shouldn't you? If you're not willing to put in work you won't get any attention. Even if it seems like other people don't put work into, they probably do. Also, I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're not addressing your nation.

You're addressing anyone who is willing to watch a rambling 11 minute video by a stranger about an extremely niche topic. I'm sorry it is rambling and politicians and dictators are better at this than you are. Their speeches have a point, they're practiced, they don't veer off into tangents about half remembered movie plots. Seven minutes into your video I don't know what your main point is. That is a major problem. If I were randomly looking through videos I would've turned this off after 2 minutes. Definitely by whenever you randomly start singing the Rolling Stones. Now you're talking about magnetic roads. What does that have to do with anything? You didn't know where India is? That's it's own issue, but if you don't know the answer to your own rhetorical question don't ask it. You need focus. You need to plan this out. No one will pay positive attention to you with a video like this. I watched the whole thing. I wouldn't have under any other circumstance.

If you're tired of blogging about your ideologies and especially if you're tired of it because you're not receiving enough attention than you lack dedication and you're doing it for the wrong reason. Recognition doesn't come without work.

Also, if your YouTube name is your real name you might want to think about changing it if you're going to share it on these boards. Just a suggestion. Also, if you want to be taken seriously for your political commentary you might want to take down the videos of your dancing to Fleetwood Mac. Again, just a suggestion.
edit on 1/17/2013 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

No. I did this for a reason. I'm not arguing about this. I obviously didn't begin the thread
expecting a ton of views, but I expected that since I posted it on social media websites, it would
receive a bit more attention that it has. Especially given the fact that it's concerning a niche topic,
in fact; a number of them. All of which concern North America currently.

Our leaders speeches are thought out because they expect people to listen.

I don't expect anybody to view my videos because all of my videos thus far have an average of two
views. If somebody is interested in what I have to say, and understands me and my concerns,
then they will listen. No I don't own a high quality camera, but this is how I sound. I'm not in a suit.

And I don't have back drop or the attitude necessary for exuding any leadership because.. I'm not
leading anybody.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by SaulGoodman

No. I did this for a reason. I'm not arguing about this. I obviously didn't begin the thread
expecting a ton of views, but I expected that since I posted it on social media websites, it would
receive a bit more attention that it has. Especially given the fact that it's concerning a niche topic,
in fact; a number of them. All of which concern North America currently.

Our leaders speeches are thought out because they expect people to listen.

I don't expect anybody to view my videos because all of my videos thus far have an average of two
views. If somebody is interested in what I have to say, and understands me and my concerns,
then they will listen. No I don't own a high quality camera, but this is how I sound. I'm not in a suit.

And I don't have back drop or the attitude necessary for exuding any leadership because.. I'm not
leading anybody.

You're not leading anybody, but you want to, correct? In the description of a video posted 21 hours ago you say you want to be Prime Minister. And there's that attitude. You say that officials' speeches are good because they know people will hear them and since people don't hear your speeches there's no need to polish them, but you want people to hear them. You can't deny that. And even if you don't expect thousands of views, you expect more than you're getting. You posted your video here because you want more people to see it.

But if you don't put effort into it then nothing happens. If you make videos with good content it will generate discussion in the thread and more people will see the thread and your video. From there, if you make clear points that resonate with people on some level a portion of them might share your video with others and the cycle continues. Quality of content will never come after viewership with something like this. You make some good and then people pay attention. You don't need a high quality camera, you sound fine and you don't need to be wearing a suit. Maybe a little better lighting would help, but it's not altogether necessary. It ultimately comes down to the quality of content.

One final tip: you don't need to do things in one take. The Prime Minister video is decent. You have a clear point, it's not too long and you stay on track. But you stumble and laugh during it. You seem like you're about to laugh the entire time. That's not good. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and believing you're earnest about all of this. That this isn't all a joke. But laughing isn't going to convince people you're serious.

Maybe you'll find something I or someone else said helpful, but if not that's fine. But we are ostensibly the people you're trying to reach. Good luck with your endeavors.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't know if this makes a difference, but our current government is disliked majorly because of it's transparency issues. It will not release the Auditor General Report regarding defense spending or non-profit spending.

That is my first action as prime minister. As soon as I receive some semblance of a following,
I might consider addressing other issues as well as requested.

I don't feel that Canada should continue to act as a refugee camp, that's for sure

Look at the 1901-1960 figures and you'll see that it increased by 3.89% in relation to 300K over 20K in relation to differentials from .002% The auditor general will also not release the immigration statistics in hard-cover.

Another action of mine is to release all federal documents in hard-covers for public viewing by repealing the Canadian Archives Act amendments. As well as repeal certain amendments and appendix' of our National Instruments if not all of them eventually.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

top topics

join