EU with out GB?? say it anit so

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yes the EU just might lose GB and her power wealth and house of lords worldnews.nbcnews.com... from the link

LONDON -- It says a lot about Britain's ambivalent attitude toward its membership of the European Union that the UK Independence Party (UKIP), which wants the country to leave the bloc, has 12 seats in the European Parliament.

Although UKIP has yet to have any politicians elected to Britain's Westminster parliament, recent polls suggest it is surging in popularity.
SO is this a win for GB or a loss for EU? seems to me the EU wants the Brits out of the Union, that would mean a win for the EU and a loss for GB.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

It would be a win for the UK as we would no longer be obliged to bail out countries who are short on cash, meaning we could focus on getting our own economy back up and running.

Now we just need rid of the Tories (yes, I know it is them implementing it, doesn't mean I have to like them).

Oh, and it means we don't have to convert to that Euro funny money either.
edit on 17/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think its kinda getting hard to ignore t'he fact our citizens do not want to be in t'he EU.

T'he fact we see it collapsing around us everyday isn't much encouragment either.

Long live UKIP.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
didn't you get the memo?
once you join a union, you can't leave...
at least thats what some are claiming with the recent secession conversations I've heard recently...
if the UK can remove themselves from the EU, that will just make a Texas claim for leaving the USA all that more valid.
I doubt it will be allowed to happen

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

SO is this a win for GB or a loss for EU?

Both , its a win for us and a loss for them ... IF it happens which I don't believe it will .
The only way we will leave is when the whole house of cards finally collapses , and that won't be pretty or good for anyone .

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I'm with woogle on this one. It would be a win for Britain as we will have all our powers handed back. No more faceless bureaucrats in Brussels telling me how to live my life. No more meddling in state affairs by unelected officials.

We can have a ceremonial burning of the Human Rights Act (to be replaced with something more suitable), once out we will be able to essentially close our borders to every Tom, Dick and Harry who come here from Europe to claim on our benefit system.

Also on top of it all it will save us a fortune in EU budget contributions and bailouts.

Win all the way. Get us out, if it goes bad we'll deal with it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
didn't you get the memo?
once you join a union, you can't leave...
at least thats what some are claiming with the recent secession conversations I've heard recently...
if the UK can remove themselves from the EU, that will just make a Texas claim for leaving the USA all that more valid.
I doubt it will be allowed to happen

If the British people want to leave there's not a great lot Europe can do about it. We only ever voted to join a common market anyway. We never signed up to this bloated wannabe federal system, so I would say we can leave if we want.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Leaving would be economic suicide for the UK. Over half our trade is with the EU.

In particular we are doing very well with the new east european members :-

www.tutor2u.net...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well, unless someone were to suggest the U.K. is LESSER than the nations of the European Union, I'd say it can only be a positive for Britain and a major kick in the tail to the E.U. as it loses one of it's best hopes for a sugar daddy to support the deadbeats.

Germany won't be having a good day...because that leaves them as one of the only remaining with the financial sense and independent strength to help anyone else. They can't exactly leave the EU either. After all, they quite literally form the center of it, geographically if nothing else.

What a deal....but I'll cheer London's departure. Anything to break the pattern of forming the global regional control areas. It seems the numbered areas are still forming, whether we like it or not...and regardless of how clear it is to prophecy. However, any effort to slow the "progress" is worth cheering on. Go England Go!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
SO is this a win for GB or a loss for EU?

Yes.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

With all due respect, I fail to see how the UK withdrawing from the EU will any way validate, justify or enable Texas, or any other state, to withdraw from the USA - two completely seperate entities and arguements.

Regardless of the outcome, the sooner the UK has this referendum and put's the issue to bed once and for all the better.
The UK needs to develop and implement a long term economic and trade policy and stick with it for a number of years without the transience of party politics and the short termism it generates.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Can't come quick enough!!

I'ts about time we took proper control of our marbles

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There is overwhelming support from the UK population to have a complete re-think on Europe. There shouldn't be a debate on if they should have a referendum but more to the point of WHEN they will hold the referendum. In my opinion there should only be 3 choices on the ballot paper, but I am sure Cameron and his cronies will word it just so we do not really have a choice.

1) Stay in the EU as we are

2) Leave the EU but continue the common market for trade.

3) Leave EU completely.

I'll be voting for number 2, there is no reason we cannot have trade with our neighbours without having to have political ties to go with it.

To add, if we do not get our referendum with the right question and choices then it will just go to prove that we are no longer a democracy and that our politicians do as they please.
edit on 17-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
There is overwhelming support from the UK population to have a complete re-think on Europe. There shouldn't be a debate on if they should have a referendum but more to the point of WHEN they will hold the referendum. In my opinion there should only be 3 choices on the ballot paper, but I am sure Cameron and his cronies will word it just so we do not really have a choice.

3) Leave EU completely.

I'll be voting for number 2, there is no reason we cannot have trade with our neighbours without having to have political ties to go with it.

To add, if we do not get our referendum with the right question and choices then it will just go to prove that we are no longer a democracy and that our politicians do as they please.

Your choice of 2 is not an option that we can control. Would be up to the remaining EU members.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by michael1983l

3) Leave EU completely.

Your choice of 2 is not an option that we can control. Would be up to the remaining EU members.

Yeah, and Germany would be so angry that it wouldn't surprise me if a trade embargo was put into force against us for a while. You know, while Merkel is still throwing her toys out of the pram.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Your absolutely right. The EU is the favourite scapegoat of the UK especially for the "Dads Army" crowd. There is little point in leaving the EU. It could mean the 750000 Brits who work in the EU lose their jobs. Companies such as Honda have mentioned they would move jobs from the UK to Eastern Europe.

A common market means just that and it applies to jobs and travel as much as it applies to trade. You have to have regulation and thus politics.

A referendum would therefore have to be about being being in or out. There is no halfway house. It does not exist.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Looking at the budget fees that the UK pays to the EU, I can't blame them for wanting to leave. The smaller/poorer members benefit more. As a country, I'm not sure I'd like rules/regulations being dictated to me based on how other countries vote.

But I suppose it's kind of the same way in the US in regards to the IRS and the amount of money received in federal funds/grants.

I guess the real question should be, how many levels of government do you want dictating how you live your life.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyed
reply to post by Alfie1

A referendum would therefore have to be about being being in or out. There is no halfway house. It does not exist.

Yes it does, just ask Norway and the very prosperous Switzerland.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ispyed

It does already, to a certain extent. As the other poster commented, with Norway and Switzerland. But also with us and Denmark not having the euro.

For the record I think we'd be crazy to leave the common market. But I don't particularly like the political union of the EU.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
We could either leave the bungling bureaucratic framework of the new world order, and watch it implode from our armchairs.

Or we could stay, and feel even more of the already intense pain on our economy.

How many more countries must be rescued before we say enough!

If Greece were a corner shop, she would have been boarded up years ago.

There is no such thing as eternal credit with no collateral, in the real world.

new topics
top topics

join