It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting a Classic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have decided to post some game reviews because i enjoy writing them.

Remember these are my opinions on the game and are by no means correct just my personal views.

I decided to start with this one of my favorite games ever.

The Warriors

Console Played On: Playstation 2
Game Type: Gang Based Brawler

The Warriors is an instant classic. It is hard to find anyone who has played this game that did not enjoy it. This game revolutionized group conflict at a hand to hand level. The game is based on an epic film from many moons ago set in New York about a small time gang from Coney Island. The game is very unique as it is based on the film but also acts as a prequel.
From the start you get the basic tutorial level that shows you the ropes, but after that you are straight into the thick of it although the starter missions ease you into the game a little. If you have ever seen the film you will understand how this game begins as a prequel to the meeting. If you have not seen the film i strongly suggest you watch it, it is an iconic 80s cheese ball gang flick. As its a prequel to the meeting you start off working your way up as a gang in 80s NYC by tagging other gangs areas, looting shops, stealing car stereos and ultimately clashing with other iconic gangs from the film and ones that only make a brief appearance. This makes for a great experience because you clash with gangs you already knew from the movie and others that you only got a brief glimpse of like the Hi-Hats or the Moonrunners. The build up to the meeting is the best part of the game in my opinion because it is unknown and you have not seen what happens there. But the part after the meeting is equally as fun on the run from every gang in the city after being accused and framed for killing the iconic Syrus. This game is addictive and captivating from start to end with many mission types and being from rockstar it has a good game engine and good graphics for the console it is on. Also being from Rockstar it has a free roam edge to it which is fun whether it is roaming around and defending your turf to exploring an enemies ,the lack of a linear level really helps this game and makes it even more fun.
This game is a must buy for anyone who still has an old Playstation 2 and hasn't played it or anyone who prefers the old consoles and is a vintage gamer. This game really was a turning point for me growing up and i still regard it as one of the best games i have ever played.

Overall Rating: 9.1

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Guess i am the only person who enjoyed this game

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
Guess i am the only person who enjoyed this game

Yeah but you said "classic". I was thinking more along the lines of this 8-bit game:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Yeah but you said "classic". I was thinking more along the lines of this 8-bit game:

I can post some older games I just like writing about game.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Sorry man. It's just that I was a teen when Pong came out. Then the arcade games.
Once we got to NES' time though it just went through the roof. Sega, Sony, MS(
).

edit on 21-1-2013 by intrepid because: To get the smiley to work.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't know what made me think about it but I looked up Toejam and Earl today. I remembered it being a much better game than it actually is it seems.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I don't know what made me think about it but I looked up Toejam and Earl today. I remembered it being a much better game than it actually is it seems.

Yeah I was the same way with Earthworm Jim!

top topics

join