It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Electric Transmission Tower Damaged in NE Dallas, Possibly by an Explosion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
An electric transmission tower has been damaged, and investigators are not ruling out an explosion, although an FBI official stated that no evidence of an explosive device has been found. A maintenance worker, who checks the locations every 30 days, reported a suspicious device at the scene, and residents living around the area reported a loud explosion 10-12 days ago. Although authorities are not certain of the cause, the base of the tower was found bent.

www.nbc5i.com
Initial reports indicated that an explosive device had damaged the tower. A maintenance worker, who checks the location every 30 days, reportedly discovered a device at the scene. Residents who live near the tower reported hearing a loud "boom" about 10 to 12 days ago.

FBI Special Agent Lori Bailey later said no evidence of an explosive device had been discovered.

"We're not ruling anything out," Bailey said. "It could be the result of stress and structural damage. It's possible it could have been the result of an improvised explosive device. However, at this point in time, we have recovered no evidence that would lead us to that absolute conclusion."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This report does not indicate for certain the cause for the damage to the tower, although you can see some burn marks were close to the support leg that was damaged and bent.
Perhaps if we have some members living around this area they can shed some light on this story, as i can't find reference to this story anywhere else.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
And the maintanence(sp) worker did not report this when he found the suspocious device for what reason? Or the residents, why didn't they report the explosion? Are these people dumb or something?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It could be the result of stress and structural damage

O yeah, sure looks like it was under stress, look at that big hole in the ground!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The "something is going to happen today" people will be all over this saying, "see, I told ya so"

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
The "something is going to happen today" people will be all over this saying, "see, I told ya so"

Exactly what i was thinking, this is probably some teenage anarchists who found the anarchy cook book and decided to test some explosions out.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

Originally posted by LadyV

Exactly what i was thinking, this is probably some teenage anarchists who found the anarchy cook book and decided to test some explosions out.

Well they have nothing to hold onto considering this happend some time ago.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It also crossed my mind that this could be domestic terrorism/vandalism. Perhaps even some young people pulling off a joke....but who knows.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
lt may be a test done by some secrete scientists who are using FBI to cover the truth..

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddy
lt may be a test done by some secrete scientists who are using FBI to cover the truth..

That was a joke right?.....

Or do you have any "proof" of this?

top topics

join