It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got an email from the "FBI"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
DO NOT PRINT /FORWARD THIS MAIL ITS AGAINST THE FBI LAW
This e-mail, including any attachments, is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act,
10 U.S.C. 2510-2521

ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONETARY CRIMES DIVISION
FBI HEADQUARTERS WASHINGTON DC
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATIONS J.EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, NW WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535-0001
Ref: FBI/DC/25/113/13/2012
www.fbi.gov...

Your attention is needed immediately

We have been informed through our global intelligence monitoring network that the sum of $10.500, 000.00, has been released from a bank in Africa bearing your name as the beneficiary without dist certificate to clear your name and fund from every terrorist or drug or money laundering activities

We sincerely apologize for sending you this sensitive information via e-mail instead of a certified mail, phone call or a face-to-face conversation,We will also send you a certified email later it is due to the urgency and importance of the security information needed. To checkmate financial recklessness, illegal gambling, racketeering and considering the effect of the global financial crisis rocking the United States, our government with the help of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I) Washington, DC and the internet crime complaint center (ic3),alongside the CIA signed an agreement with U.K police for an immediate release of all overdue funds presently logged in their treasury and to ensure it is disbursed to the rightful beneficiaries in all parts of the world. If you the beneficiary would adhere to our instruction it will help you receive your payment immediately

The bank knowing fully well that they do not have enough facilities to make this payment from any part of the world to your account directly, used what we know as a secret diplomatic transit payment (s.d.t.p) method to make the payment. direct transfers are difficult and secret diplomatic transit payment (s.d.t.p) are not usually made unless the funds are related to terrorist activities and we ask why must your payment be made in a secret transfer if your transaction is legitimate.

We do not want you to get into trouble as soon as these funds reflect in your personal account, so it is our duty as an international agency to correct these little problems before this fund reflects into your personal account.

we advise you to contact us immediately, as your funds have been stopped and are being held in our custody, until you are able to provide us with the dist certificate within 3 days from the country that authorized the transfer to certify that the funds that you are about to receive are terrorist/drug free or we shall have cause to impound the payment and subsequently prosecute you for cross border terrorist financial activites.

based on our findings, our investigative department wish to warn you against some miscreants, hoodlums and touts who go about scamming innocent people by claiming to be who they are not and thereby tarnishing the image of this wonderful country. By sending out fraudulent emails without our official logo and emblem we shall release your funds immediately we receive this legal document and we will ensure that you receive your payment without any further delay.

Note

We decided to contact you directly by email to acquire the proper verifications and proof from you to show that you are the rightful person to receive this fund, because of the huge amount involved. Be informed that the funds are now with a top bank in the united state in your name and under the monitoring/custody of the FBI. At the moment, we have asked the bank not to release the fund to anybody that comes to them, unless we instruct them to do so, and only if we receive the dist certificate this is to enable us carry out a comprehensive investigation first before releasing the fund to you.

hence, you are to forward your dist certificate to us immediately if you have it in your possession, if you do not have it, then let us know so that we will direct you to the appropriate authority to obtain the certificate then you are to send it to our office. And thereafter, we will instruct the bank holding the funds, to go ahead and credit your account immediately. If you fail to provide the documents to this office, we will prosecute you and take appropriate action against you for not proving the legality of the funds.

Finally if you truly want to receive this funds without F.B.I troubles then reconfirm the following below

Yours Faithfully

SPECIAL AGENT JUKE WILLIAMS
(BADGE NUMBER JTT047101111)
FOR FBI DIRECTOR
MR. ROBERT S. MUELLER.

cc: general intelligence department (GID)
cc federal bureau of investigation (fFBIi)
cc .internet crime complaint center (ic3)
cc: Asia pacific group on money laundering (APG)
cc: international monetary fund (IMF)
cc: international organization of securities commissions (IOSCO)
cc: international banking security association (IBSA)
cc: world customs organization (WCO)
cc: inter-American development bank (IADB)
cc: national white collar crime center (NW3C)
cc: bureau of justice assistance (BJA)
cc: supreme court of South Africa(SCA)

LEGAL NOTICE:
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

AVISO LEGAL:
Salvo que se indique lo contrario, este mensaje es confidencial y puede ser privilegiada. Se pretende a su destinatario (s)solamente. El acceso a este e-mail por cualquier otra persona no estб autorizado. Si usted no es un destinatario, cualquier divulgaciуn o copia de lacontenidos ni de cualquier acciуn realizada (o no) en la dependencia en que no estб autorizado y puede ser ilegal. Si no son unadestinatario, por favor notifique al remitente de inmediato

This e-mail, including any attachments, is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act,
10 U.S.C. 2510-2521

This image was at the top of the email.

I am pretty sure this is some kind of scam. If it is, it is a mighty bold one presenting itself as coming from the FBI.

Edit: I forgot to add this picture. It was at the bottom of the email and is supposedly FBI Agent Juke Williams.

edit on 1-17-2013 by groingrinder because: Edited to include the picture of FBI Agent Juke Williams

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think you need to read it in a Nigerian accent.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
That's one to throw in the bin... definately SPAM

Kindest regards

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
419 scammers will try anything

Of course its a scam, the FBI dont email random people telling them they have African funds for them.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yep,

Its a scam...

But it's this latest scam reportedly from the Federal Bureau of Investigation that is targeting unsuspecting victims.

"Especially in tough times, these scams tend to hit the people who can least afford it. People who are really struggling," Ken said.

The scam gets your attention because it bears the FBI's seal and, of course, it's from Robert Mueller III, the director for the FBI.

Delete it

www.azfamily.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is one of a bazillion types of phishing scams. If you look at the actual source email address, it will not be from an official FBI email address. That is the key to these types of phishing scams

Just send the email to your spam folder and be done with it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i think your hunch it is a scam are valid. if you really want to check, just call your local fbi office and ask about it. just make sure to get your own contact info and NOT use any contact info on the e-mail. i'm sure if you call them they will verify it is a scam (and will likely say they have had a lot of reports about it).

here is a nice error that should show that this was written by someone who is probably not familier with either english or us law

10 U.S.C. 2510-2521

ITS AGAINST THE FBI LAW oopsi

edit on 17-1-2013 by generik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That e mail stinks of nigerian scammers lol. I doubt if the fbi wanted to talk to you they would e mail. Pretty cool though star and flag from me

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I got the same email scam. I forwarded it to the Internet Fraud Division of the real FBI. I also hit reply and put in caps at the top. THIS SCAM HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO THE INTERNET FRAUD DIVISION OF THE FBI.

Des

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
i thought the FBI only use snail mail

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PheonixReborn
I think you need to read it in a Nigerian accent.

I laughed until I cried. A star for your remark.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It's a scam dude. 100%. It's not from the FBI. DO NOT reply to this email! If it was the FBI they wouldn't contact you, the bank would first, then the FBI if needed.

Do a Google search on "scam ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONETARY CRIMES DIVISION" and you will find all you need to know.

For your protection, there are dozens of sites that tell you the current, and past scams in email. Please, use Google to inform yourself so you are not another statistic in a scam.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
that makes129 times i have seen this, it is SPAM you could report it to the FBI but then they the FBI are to busy getting ready for the upcoming gun grab, you could copy it and send it the fib 's cyber unit but then they will hack you sys and see what you see. Best just to delete it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Good one Des. I am not going to reply though. I am just going to delete. It scared me at first. But then I thought "How can I get my hands on my money?"

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You wasted you time in both counts FBI will see it and flag your IP , the sender will see it in the SPAM and hit del

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Oh now C'mon guys... it could be true right? There really could be a big sum of money they just need your kind help with. I mean it CAN happen, right?

......it's actually shocking to see the FBI stats and stories about how many people DO still fall for this every year. The FBI actually has an agent assigned full time to the Nigerian scams for investigation AND national lecturing on the problem to warn others. It's amazing..but they still make enough from it to make their effort worthwhile.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
scam, big time...but, i think you already know that...print out the e-mail, without opening any attachment, or replying in any way. save it, or if you want to take the time and spend the money, you can always contact the district office of the FBI in your area, so if they want to follow up they can, if not, delete it....don't count on any follow up though, there are literally thousands of these scams, that the FBI are trying to keep up with.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Oh brother. They're certainly getting creative with their nonsense.

Next will come the emails from the IRS which are written in poor English and say you need to release all your information, including bank account information. Got a few of those last year. It's very funny, too bad there are people out there who fall for this type of scam because it "looks official".

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Oh brother. They're certainly getting creative with their nonsense.

Next will come the emails from the IRS which are written in poor English and say you need to release all your information, including bank account information. Got a few of those last year. It's very funny, too bad there are people out there who fall for this type of scam because it "looks official".

Yes, I have no doubt that somebody is falling for this nonsense. It would stop if it was not productive for them.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

You really had to ask if this is a scam? Put that email through a grammar check, also look at some of the slang they use

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join