It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama calls for study on gun violence, video games.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Obama wants to spend millions now in a study. Wow, I had to laugh out loud at this one. The idiocracy of these clowns in office never ceases to amaze me. They put down all the other violent FPS shooter games, but at the same time allow the the US Army to manage and host their own FPS shooter game called Americas Army. It's free for anyone to download. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

More info links

"The President is calling on the Centers for Disease Control. He wants the CDC to find out if violent video games where people shoot to kill in the virtual world have any bearing on people who shoot to kill in the real world."

ABC News

America's Army AA3 - Wikipedia

edit on 17-1-2013 by sean because: Changes

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean
Obama wants to spend millions now in a study. Wow, I had to laugh out loud at this one. The idiocracy of these clowns in office never ceases to amaze me. They put down all the other violent FPS shooter games, but at the same time allow the the US Army to manage and host their own FPS shooter game called Americas Army. It's free for anyone to download. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

More info links

"The President is calling on the Centers for Disease Control. He wants the CDC to find out if violent video games where people shoot to kill in the virtual world have any bearing on people who shoot to kill in the real world."

ABC News

Lets help him out, how many millions FPS games have been sold the last 10-20 years? And how many wild shootings have we seen?? It should be millions, if the games where to blame, right??

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNobody777

Originally posted by sean

More info links

ABC News

Lets help him out, how many millions FPS games have been sold the last 10-20 years? And how many wild shootings have we seen?? It should be millions, if the games where to blame, right??

Same goes for the guns. Hundreds of millions are out there.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Maybe they should make a study, to find out if all the goverments restrictions, taxes and stupid laws has anything to do with people going crazy...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
hollywood is where the problem lies, with games you have to buy them..
but with television you get it pumped into you for free.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Gosh.....

Will he also look into movies, music, and history books?

ALL contain violence..........

This is a which hunt.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
He should call for a study on how Hellfire missiles fired from drones affects the children inside the house.

He is an Arse Whole.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I see no mention of Hollywoods role in romanticizing violence. That was predictable. The entire gun ban debacle is purely for show. Neither the House or the Senate will vote for a gun ban. It is political suicide. The only good thing that comes from his game violence query is that fingers will eventually be pointed at the right targets. Whether anyone listens remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrNobody777

Oh it does when society breaks down so does it citizens. Recruiters even hand out copies of America's Army to kids in the schools.
edit on 17-1-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Exactly

The shooter is always to blame, we should study them, and ask them why they did it, if we want to find the reason.
But hey, they killed somebody, so we wont listen to a word they have to say, so lets just ban guns, that will help...
If not, we just ban everything else, at some point its gonna help, right??
edit on 17-1-2013 by MrNobody777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What a flying fruitcake...

If he plays a video games, he would know it is actually does the opposite, ITS A STRESS RELIEVER.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

this is getting ridiculous...

its almost as if Obama has a globe that he sticky noted random things to and every morning he gets up spins the globe and blindly lands his finger on something to go after next...

its like a game show...What will he go after next folks?!?!? Tune in tomorrow to find out!!

If society can't handle digital pixels in a virtual world because .0000000001% of the population might have a negative reaction...then it really is the end of the world and human race.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
He should call for a study on how Hellfire missiles fired from drones affects the children inside the house.

He is an Arse Whole.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

It's looks more and more like that doesn't it? Sit in the dark and throw darts to see what he can hit LOL.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
lol

This is all I have to say.

He listened to the NRA, you all should be happy.
edit on 17-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

link   
I would love to see the Senate vote on banning guns before the House gets the bill. I guarantee the bill would not pass the Senate.

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

These guys will do anything and say anything it's scary really.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The video games are the common thread in all of these school shootings (assuming not staged). There are mentally ill people over 30 but all of these crazy shooters are under 30. All are likely addicted to playing Halo and Black Ops. These games are war (killing) simulators. This goes back to the Kentucky school shooting in the 1990s. The other obvious element are these psychotic drugs that these younger, mentally ill men are on....(serotonin reuptake inhibitor drugs). The psychotic drugs (violent side effects) and the violent video (war/killing simulators) games do not mix.
edit on 17-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What's the need for a new study? We already got many. Violent media leads to a decrease in pro social activity and increase in aggression. Out of millions, it will of course contribute to a few being pushed over the edge and going ballistic.

Just because you're okay from it doesn't mean everyone is. It also doesn't mean we need to ban violent video games. It means we need to be aware of this potential and use our good judgment with this awareness.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If they even censor or delay the new GTA because of this then i guarantee there will be lots of people going crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join