It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a SHTF scenario... who would you take with you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

You never really know what you are made of until it is tested. A 80 year old woman might end up being Rambo?

All those young arm chair warriors might end up crying for mama. Thankfully it seems for the most part the younger generations because of spending most of the time indoors are weak of mind and spirit. My Generation......generation X was at the turning point and thankfully we were still told go outside and play.
edit on 21-1-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

My daughters and no-one else, why? Because I would let them eat and use all my supplies even if it meant me starving to death to save them. Anyone else can prepare for themselves and if they didn't, stiff..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'd take my pack my rifle and if I could drive somewhere to ride the storm out I'd take a few of my books that would come in handy for homesteading and so on

OH and water lots of water I got my self in a situation a few years ago where water was the thing I desired most
Never again

Notice I said I got myself into a situation, = personal responsibility lol

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

My daughters and no-one else, why? Because I would let them eat and use all my supplies even if it meant me starving to death to save them. Anyone else can prepare for themselves and if they didn't, stiff..

I have also had to prepare for loved ones who have nothing the most important thing is remember the rule of 3.

3 minutes without air.......3 hours without shelter.......3 days without water.......3 weeks without food. And use that to plan for others needs to survive.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
I'd take my pack my rifle and if I could drive somewhere to ride the storm out I'd take a few of my books that would come in handy for homesteading and so on

OH and water lots of water I got my self in a situation a few years ago where water was the thing I desired most
Never again

Notice I said I got myself into a situation, = personal responsibility lol

I agree water is very very important. I have used many water filters and some are good and some are bad. I really like the Katadyne pocket it is expensive but worth every penny.

I had a hiker pro and the plastic nipple broke off in my pack. It was cheap and I would not trust it again. MSR are also very cheap and likely to break. I own a sweet water and I would not trust it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join