It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Will Take The Fed Seven Years To Deliver 300 Tons Of German Gold

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The fact is there is far more paper claims on gold than physical gold above ground. We can argue that the FED does not have the gold and that is because of the fact that more claims exist than physical gold. If they have to produce that much gold then they will have to admit multiple owners of that gold meaning the price of gold will skyrocket.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
So Alex Jones has somehow caused the recent spikes in Gold Prices?

Entirely? No. Has he had an impact? Sure looks that way.

And not coincidentally—remember, nothing in Jones’s world is a coincidence—the rise of Jones’s show tracks closely with the price of gold. In 1999, when the price of gold bottomed out at $252.55 per ounce, Jones had about 200,000 listeners on an average day; now the price is above $1,400, and he has upwards of 3 million listeners through radio and the Internet. Gold advertisers account for roughly 25 percent of revenue for Jones. “I grew up with gold,” he says. “It grew up with me.”

Another noncoincidence: Jones’s main sponsor is a gold company, called Midas Resources, owned by his longtime business partner, Ted Anderson. Midas, which literally sends its customers gold bars and coins in the mail, also advertises with Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh. In one sense, Jones’s whole program can be seen as an advertising front for Midas, urging listeners to find shelter in precious metals, the symbol of comfort and certainty for currency obsessives, as he keeps up the drumbeat of dark and forbidding news that paints the world as a place where survival gear and water purifiers may be necessary any minute now. As an investment, it was pretty smart: Midas has become one of the top five gold companies in the U.S., says Anderson, and the revenues for “The Alex Jones Show” have grown “a hundredfold,” Jones says, in the past decade.

Source:
nymag.com...

Originally posted by twitchy
I bet if I looked hard enough, I could correlate the decline in Cotton Candy Sales to the Cock Roach Population in New York City, but it would be little more than a ridiculous contention and pretty nefarious if I tried to use that statistic to mitigate a criminal market manipulation.

But can you back it up with facts like the above quoted material?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

You believe statements made by central banks... enough said.

and you believe the words of an alarmist website that is basing their article on imagination, along with the conversations you conjured up from thin air.

I'll take reality over paranoia (zerohedge) and inventive imagination, thank you very much.

When more countries clamour for their gold reserves and the price spikes to ridiculous levels, I will come back to this thread and say "I told you so".

the price spike can happen regardless. check the charts over the last few years. It won't be any indication of the german bank's timeline for repatriation.

The gold bull market started in 2001 precisely when Germany secretly repatriated their gold from the London central bank. I predict that we will see another substantial move in the very near term as the Fed and the central bank in France start acquiring the gold that needs to be moved to Germany.

and the rising prices can be directly tied to a few things. The tech bubble bursting. 9/11. the real estate bubble bursting. the banking crisis and Mr. Alex Jones. You know him, right. He's been jabbering on and on about the need to own gold for the shtf scenario that is coming. He talks about the importance of gold while talking about the economic doom that's coming and, oh yeah, he also owns a stake in the company that sponsors his show. Know what they sell?

Give you a hint.

It's gold.

That's right, check the price of gold with his audience growth. These two charts are identical.

Because selling doom and gloom and then selling the very product you are saying will be your only salvation works.

Linking Alex Jones to the recent gains in gold over the last 10 years is ridiculous, absurd and downright looney. Alex has a following of how many people?

The markets (and certain moves by sovereign nations that hold a lot of gold) have directed the bull market in precious metals, not a talk show host by the name of Alex Jones. If he has had any influence it would be absolutely miniscule compared to governments and large hedge funds.

People do not need to sell doom for gold to sell, most sovereign nations are doing a great job of advancing the price of gold on their own through currency devaluation. You have now shown your hand and also your limited knowledge of what is really going on behind the scenes in the gold market. Please let the grown ups do the talking on this particular subject.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

People do not need to sell doom for gold to sell, most sovereign nations are doing a great job of advancing the price of gold on their own through currency devaluation. You have now shown your hand and also your limited knowledge of what is really going on behind the scenes in the gold market. Please let the grown ups do the talking on this particular subject.

continuing to ignore facts and insult my intelligence is an incredible way to win a debate.

it's clear that the utilization of facts is something you don't do but, as the saying goes, never let the truth get in the way of a good story, right?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

continuing to ignore facts and insult my intelligence is an incredible way to win a debate.

it's clear that the utilization of facts is something you don't do but, as the saying goes, never let the truth get in the way of a good story, right?

It is difficult for me to insult something that does not exist.

I am just looking for a good story because I have nothing else to do?

P.S. You are out of your depth on this subject.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

so sayeth the man with the imaginary conversations.

On the contrary, you appear to be someone who spends a lot of time reading, and believing, everything on the internet. Sometimes, the truth is as stated. Until you can accept the fact that everything isn't a conspiracy, that, from time to time, the story is as told, you will continue to fear everyone and everything. It's a shame, really, because you seem like an intelligent guy and wasting that intelligence on articles authored to promote doom and gloom, regardless of the truth is sad.

If the subject is fantasy conspiracies, yes, you are correct. I admit, I am grounded in reality, I understand truth when I see it and I don't hear faux conversations in my head.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

so sayeth the man with the imaginary conversations.

On the contrary, you appear to be someone who spends a lot of time reading, and believing, everything on the internet. Sometimes, the truth is as stated. Until you can accept the fact that everything isn't a conspiracy, that, from time to time, the story is as told, you will continue to fear everyone and everything. It's a shame, really, because you seem like an intelligent guy and wasting that intelligence on articles authored to promote doom and gloom, regardless of the truth is sad.

If the subject is fantasy conspiracies, yes, you are correct. I admit, I am grounded in reality, I understand truth when I see it and I don't hear faux conversations in my head.

You are ground in your own reality, not the reality.

You have a biased view and shy away from anything that is remotely critical of the establishment. You suffer from normalcy bias, a common trait amongst people that have their head stuck in the sand.

It should be obvious to someone that has a small ammount of intelligence that I was having a little bit of fun with the 'imaginary conversations', but I suppose that is a little too difficult for you to grasp. You strike me as the 'glass is half full' type that is blissfully unaware of the trouble that is around the corner.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

when you're argument fails, attack the poster, eh?

you can lay all kinds of assumptions about me but you don't know anything about me, much like you've shown that you don't know a thing about this topic. keep attacking me, it shows your ignorance.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

My verbal barrage is only limited by your willingness to look like a fool.

You have no idea about the precious metals market.

So, to recap, I posted facts and you have called me a chump and made multiple references to my intelligence, along with claiming that I don't know anything about precious metals.

I can see how, in your imagination, that would qualify as a debate but, sadly, for those of us who are rational thinkers, facts are important and in this case, the Bundesbank stated they planned on repatriating a portion of their US held gold, and all of their French held gold, over the next 7 years. Everything else is nothing more than assumption and imagination based on more assumptions and more imagined ideas.

Your constant attacks on my character, knowledge and intellect expose you for what you are. The more you call me names, the worse your debate looks.

Refuting facts by calling me names is the last resort of a failed debate.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

My verbal barrage is only limited by your willingness to look like a fool.

You have no idea about the precious metals market.

So, to recap, I posted facts and you have called me a chump and made multiple references to my intelligence, along with claiming that I don't know anything about precious metals.

I can see how, in your imagination, that would qualify as a debate but, sadly, for those of us who are rational thinkers, facts are important and in this case, the Bundesbank stated they planned on repatriating a portion of their US held gold, and all of their French held gold, over the next 7 years. Everything else is nothing more than assumption and imagination based on more assumptions and more imagined ideas.

Your constant attacks on my character, knowledge and intellect expose you for what you are. The more you call me names, the worse your debate looks.

Refuting facts by calling me names is the last resort of a failed debate.

We have had the libor scandal, TARP (bailouts after bailouts) at the taxpayers expense and you choose to believe a statement made by two of the central banks that have been heavily involved in all of these scandals?

Unfortunately I have to call you out for what you are, an uninformed chump.

If you believe that they have not hypothecated and rehypothecated their gold reserves then you are dangerously ignorant.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Crakeur, get your head out of the sand and begin to educate yourself on this subject. GATA have been investigating the manipulation in the gold market for more than a decade. Here is a very recent interview with Chris Powell from GATA.

The price of gold is suppressed to keep the debt based monetary system afloat. Paul Volcker saved the US dollar in 1980 by raising interest rates and ending the gold bull market. The US dollar cannot be rescued with high interest rates today due to the massive debt. If the price of gold rises too fast then people will lose faith in the system and it will collapse, hence the reason to suppress the price.

The suppression scheme hit some problems in 2001 when Germany repatriated 1000 tons from London (London seems to be the epicenter of the suppression scheme). Gold began it's steady rise in 2001 because the central bank in London had less physical gold to hypothecate and rehypothecate. As more sovereign nations begin requesting their physical bullion this entire price suppression scheme will unwind and the price of gold will go supernova.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Here is another one for you Crakeur, this time it is Bill Murphy from GATA:

This is the better interview of the two.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Q: Who would trust a statement made by the Federal Reserve?

A: Only someone that does not deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Start listening at 3 minutes 50 seconds into the video if you dare Crakeur.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ted4d
reply to post by macman

No, it's not from the Fed, if it is then prove it from a fact.

People are gullible. It doesn't take 7 years, no matter how many lame articles you read saying it does.

I dare you to prove it takes 7 years. You can't, it's not possible so STFU.
There are no articles saying it will take 7 years (apart from ATS!!!!). Total and utter BS and if you are even trying to continue this then clearly you have too much time on your hands. Go argue about something important instead of it taking 7 years to move some gold that could be moved in 7 hours.

Not moaning at the OP, just anyone who thinks this is actually true in the world we live in. Wow, some people really need to think about life and facts a bit more. Even the Nazi in WW1 and WW2 didn't have these issues with moving Gold.

Conspiracy over.

Okay, you are obviously a little slow so I will try to explain it clearly. No one on here is trying to say that it takes 7 years to move that much gold from point A to point B. The issue is that the Germans want their gold back and are being told it will take 7 years for them to get it, understand so far?

The question is why. If we are holding 300 tons of German gold and they want it back why not just load it on a ship and send it to them. The obvious answer is that WE DON'T HAVE IT!!!! That is the conspiracy here.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq1
Okay, you are obviously a little slow so I will try to explain it clearly. No one on here is trying to say that it takes 7 years to move that much gold from point A to point B. The issue is that the Germans want their gold back and are being told it will take 7 years for them to get it, understand so far?

The question is why. If we are holding 300 tons of German gold and they want it back why not just load it on a ship and send it to them. The obvious answer is that WE DON'T HAVE IT!!!! That is the conspiracy here.

on the contrary, as even CNJ will tell you, the fed never said it would take them 7 years to turn the gold over to Germany. (except in those made up conversations).

The concept of the US government telling Germany it was going to take 7 years is an assumption.

The actual deadline comes from the Bundesbank's own announcement about the repatriation. As to the reason, we have the german bank's saying it would take 7 years and we have the conspiracy theorists saying this is a result of the gold not being in the vault.

The only people who know the reason for the 7 year time frame are folks at Bundesbank that made the statement.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

I dare you to prove it takes 7 years. You can't, it's not possible so STFU. There are no articles saying it will take 7 years (apart from ATS!!!!). Total and utter BS and if you are even trying to continue this then clearly you have too much time on your hands

Heck I would take a zerohedge article over your random unsubstantiated opinion any day. Opinions are cheap and ATS is full of them.
You dare people to prove it... Well I will double dare you to prove it does not take 7 years..!!!! Now put up or shut up.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq1

on the contrary, as even CNJ will tell you, the fed never said it would take them 7 years to turn the gold over to Germany. (except in those made up conversations).

The concept of the US government telling Germany it was going to take 7 years is an assumption.

The actual deadline comes from the Bundesbank's own announcement about the repatriation. As to the reason, we have the german bank's saying it would take 7 years and we have the conspiracy theorists saying this is a result of the gold not being in the vault.

The only people who know the reason for the 7 year time frame are folks at Bundesbank that made the statement.

My apologies for not looking closer at who said what, but my point still remains. No one was trying to say that it physically takes 7 years to move that much gold.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here is some information on the gold leasing operations by central banks.

It is from Crakeur's favourite website, so I am sure that he will have a read because he has no bias.

www.zerohedge.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join