It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Will Take The Fed Seven Years To Deliver 300 Tons Of German Gold

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob

You are specualting that they do have the gold, while I am speculating that they don't.

On the contrary, you are speculating, I am using the facts as stated by the bank.

US Gold reserves have not been audited since 1953!!!

Thus you automatically assume, based on article on an alarmist website, that it isn't there.

I never said it was, or wasn't there. All I pointed out was that zerohedge is a gloom and doom promotion site and the stated time frame came from the bank itself. zerohedge, implies that the bank asked for its gold and the US said "sure, in 7 years."

That is simply not the case. The bank said they planned on bringing a portion of their gold back to germany by the year 2020. That is a fact. Anything else is assumption and theory and it's based entirely on a story fabricated by the web finance site equivalent of alex jones

The evidence is on my side chump.

when in doubt, call names. Well played. You got me there. You must be right and, therefore, I'm a chump because I use facts and common sense and rational thinking while you use zerohedge, conjured conversations and wild suppositions to back your claim.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

I feel this move by Germany is the start of central banks mistrusting each other. It is like the old saying, if you don't hold it you don't own it.....and since the global economy is getting worse banks want their assets in their own hands. The US global reserve currency status is slowly being eroded, you are seeing countries starting to buy less US bonds, starting to trade in their own currency instead of US Dollars - everyone is trying to get out of dollars while trying to make it appear they are not.

agreed. all I was pointing out was the logistics of moving all that gold. as was later shown, it took chavez time to do it as well.

mainly, I was alerting the doomsayers that the reality of the story is that the bank set their timeline, not the US.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

more imaginary conversations?

all this evidence showing you the why, the how and the time frame for these kinds of moves.

did you also know that an audit is done by an independent party who is responsible for the numbers in the audit and, for inventory, it must be counted? the auditor cannot sign off on an audit without confirming everything on the financial statements and, per the many articles linked for your consumption, there was an audit done in 2005. the more recent audit appears to be done to verify germany's holdings. If you read all the articles, you'd have seen that they (germany) came under fire for not properly safeguarding and auditing their holdings and, therefore, they want to store some at home. It was kept out of germany, and mainly in the US, to protect it during the cold war. now, with economies on the brink of collapse, germany wants a portion of their stash at home. they still plan on keeping 1200 tonnes in the us.

want to know the angle to take here?

Germany is taking 100% of their gold back from France and a fraction of their US held gold back, probably to show France it isn't just them and there's a very serious fear that the euro is going to collapse and germany needs to protect themselves from this or a more global reaching economic crisis.

If germany thought the US didn't have the gold, they'd demand all of it, including the 1200 tonnes they plan on leaving in the US.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

If germany thought the US didn't have the gold, they'd demand all of it, including the 1200 tonnes they plan on leaving in the US.

They have demanded all of it, just not publicly. In this environment they want all of their gold but the Fed simply does not have it.

It is obvious why they cannot publicly demand all of their gold.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

They have demanded all of it, just not publicly.

And just how did you get hold of this "secret" information....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

They have demanded all of it, just not publicly.

And just how did you get hold of this "secret" information....

Through observation.

Venezuela, Libya, Iran & Ecuador have all repatriated their gold in recent years.

Germany is the first western nation to publicly repatratriate their gold. Germany secretly repratriated 1000 tons of gold in 2001 without the knowledge of the public (this has only recently been disclosed). They say that they did this due high storage costs. High storage costs? Who are they trying to kid?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I do not have any first hand knowledge and neither does anyone else on this forum but you would have to be pretty naive if you cannot see what is happening here.

Incidently the gold bull market started precisely when Germany secretly repatriated their gold from the London central bank in 2001. What does that tell you?

goldsilverworlds.com...

edit on 19-1-2013 by ConspiracyNutjob because: added a link

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm sure it has to do with security concerns

you could make a good movie about moving all that gold at once

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
James Turk who is a well renounded precious metals analyst gives his assessment of why he believes it will take the Fed seven years to deliver the German people their gold.

kingworldnews.com...

I could not agree more with his assessment.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Through observation.

No, through assumption.

There's nary a single fact that points in this direction but the real story isn't interesting enough so you're conjuring one instead.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Through observation.

No, through assumption.

There's nary a single fact that points in this direction but the real story isn't interesting enough so you're conjuring one instead.

Hahaha... yeah because using the power of observation and deduction is magic! Totally illogical!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It will take 7 years because thats their timeline.

Any other questions

60 to 100 trips to be audited on both ends they are not moving Girl Scout Cookies

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
It will take 7 years because thats their timeline.

Any other questions

60 to 100 trips to be audited on both ends they are not moving Girl Scout Cookies

How long did it take them to transport 1000 tons from London in 2001?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You can't give what you don't have. Fort Knox is empty, theres no gold there. Only spray painted tungsten bars.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutchowl
Fort Knox is empty, theres no gold there.

And you know that how exactly....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Hahaha... yeah because using the power of observation and deduction is magic! Totally illogical!

Observation: The bank stated their timeline for repatriation was 7 years.
Deduction: they need 7 years to plan, prepare and move the gold.

your version:
observation: zerohedge, an alarmist website, claims the us gov't is saying it will take 7 years to give germany their gold
assumption: there is no gold.

yeah, your version, using an overly dramatic story that is ignoring the facts, works better.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Observation: The bank stated their timeline for repatriation was 7 years.
Deduction: they need 7 years to plan, prepare and move the gold.

your version:
observation: zerohedge, an alarmist website, claims the us gov't is saying it will take 7 years to give germany their gold
assumption: there is no gold.

yeah, your version, using an overly dramatic story that is ignoring the facts, works better.

So you believe the banks? You are definitely in the minority on this one.

And you say my thoughts on the matter are wrong because they are overly dramatic? That is a poor effort.

I have not ignored any facts and I refuse to believe the banks. Why should I believe the banks? The central banks have introduced zero interest rate policies that have allowed banks around to world to borrow at no cost and speculate with the free money on the open markets. They have effectively destroyed the economies of the world.

If you believe that the bundesbank needs 7 years to repatriate 300 tons of gold while Chavez had 160 tons repatriated in less than 6 months then you are either a paid shill or very naive.

www.zerohedge.com...

Oh noes, I am using a fringe lunatic site called 'zerohedge'. There are plenty of other sources available regarding the repatriation of Venezuela's gold if you cannot handle Zerohedge.

For the record I do believe that it will take the Bundesbank 7 years to get their gold but not for the reasons that they have stated. The bank has to give a bogus reason for the delay because they have no choice, they are caught between a rock and a hard place.

edit on 22-1-2013 by ConspiracyNutjob because: correction

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Bundesbank says they plan on repatriating the gold held by France and the US (only a tiny amount of their holdings here) by 2020. You take a wild leap by assuming the US doesn't have it.

Question, why is it taking 7 years to get it from France? They don't have it either?

If you believe that the bundesbank needs 7 years to repatriate 300 tons of gold while Chavez had 160 tons repatriated in less than 6 months then you are either a paid shill or very naive.

I never said they needed it. They said they were going to repatriate their gold over the next 7 years. They set a time line. I just showed that zerohedge was assuming something without properly reporting the facts. Zerohedge omitted the part where the 7 years was a result of the bank's statement because, honestly, blaming the US for not having the gold is a far better story.

Oh noes, I am using a fringe lunatic site called 'zerohedge'. There are plenty of other sources available regarding the repatriation of Venezuela's gold if you cannot handle Zerohedge.

What Venezuela did is of no concern in this discussion because Germany set a timeline of 7 years. If they demanded it and the US said they needed 7 years to produce it, we'd be having a different conversation but, since the Germans said they planned on doing this over 7 years, you can divert the eyes and attention of the readers to other countries and their time frames but the fact still remains.....Germany set a 7 year time line and the US is following it.

I never once referred to zerohedge as a fringe lunatic site. I have great respect for all sites that promote the discussion of alternative news and alternative theories, along with conspiracy theories. My position with The Above Network should really be example enough of my committment to the truth.

For the record I do believe that it will take the Bundesbank 7 years to get their gold but not for the reasons that they have stated. The bank has to give a bogus reason for the delay because they have no choice, they are caught between a rock and a hard place.

They haven't stated a reason. Once again, I suggest you read the news on Bundesbank's site. All they said was they planned on repatriating a portion of their gold from the US, leaving 1200 tonnes here and all of their gold from France by the year 2020.

That's it. Very straight forward. No reasons, no explanations.

Zerohedge took this inoccuous story and injected it with their usual spin to ensure a more compelling read.

You bought into it. It's ok. That's what they wanted you to do.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Bundesbank says they plan on repatriating the gold held by France and the US (only a tiny amount of their holdings here) by 2020. You take a wild leap by assuming the US doesn't have it.

Question, why is it taking 7 years to get it from France? They don't have it either?

I never said they needed it. They said they were going to repatriate their gold over the next 7 years. They set a time line. I just showed that zerohedge was assuming something without properly reporting the facts. Zerohedge omitted the part where the 7 years was a result of the bank's statement because, honestly, blaming the US for not having the gold is a far better story.

What Venezuela did is of no concern in this discussion because Germany set a timeline of 7 years. If they demanded it and the US said they needed 7 years to produce it, we'd be having a different conversation but, since the Germans said they planned on doing this over 7 years, you can divert the eyes and attention of the readers to other countries and their time frames but the fact still remains.....Germany set a 7 year time line and the US is following it.

I never once referred to zerohedge as a fringe lunatic site. I have great respect for all sites that promote the discussion of alternative news and alternative theories, along with conspiracy theories. My position with The Above Network should really be example enough of my committment to the truth.

They haven't stated a reason. Once again, I suggest you read the news on Bundesbank's site. All they said was they planned on repatriating a portion of their gold from the US, leaving 1200 tonnes here and all of their gold from France by the year 2020.

That's it. Very straight forward. No reasons, no explanations.

Zerohedge took this inoccuous story and injected it with their usual spin to ensure a more compelling read.

You bought into it. It's ok. That's what they wanted you to do.

You believe statements made by central banks... enough said.

When more countries clamour for their gold reserves and the price spikes to ridiculous levels, I will come back to this thread and say "I told you so".

The gold bull market started in 2001 precisely when Germany secretly repatriated their gold from the London central bank. I predict that we will see another substantial move in the very near term as the Fed and the central bank in France start acquiring the gold that needs to be moved to Germany.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You believe statements made by central banks... enough said.

and you believe the words of an alarmist website that is basing their article on imagination, along with the conversations you conjured up from thin air.

I'll take reality over paranoia (zerohedge) and inventive imagination, thank you very much.

When more countries clamour for their gold reserves and the price spikes to ridiculous levels, I will come back to this thread and say "I told you so".

the price spike can happen regardless. check the charts over the last few years. It won't be any indication of the german bank's timeline for repatriation.

The gold bull market started in 2001 precisely when Germany secretly repatriated their gold from the London central bank. I predict that we will see another substantial move in the very near term as the Fed and the central bank in France start acquiring the gold that needs to be moved to Germany.

and the rising prices can be directly tied to a few things. The tech bubble bursting. 9/11. the real estate bubble bursting. the banking crisis and Mr. Alex Jones. You know him, right. He's been jabbering on and on about the need to own gold for the shtf scenario that is coming. He talks about the importance of gold while talking about the economic doom that's coming and, oh yeah, he also owns a stake in the company that sponsors his show. Know what they sell?

Give you a hint.

It's gold.

That's right, check the price of gold with his audience growth. These two charts are identical.

Because selling doom and gloom and then selling the very product you are saying will be your only salvation works.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That's right, check the price of gold with his audience growth. These two charts are identical.

So Alex Jones has somehow caused the recent spikes in Gold Prices?

I bet if I looked hard enough, I could correlate the decline in Cotton Candy Sales to the Cock Roach Population in New York City, but it would be little more than a ridiculous contention and pretty nefarious if I tried to use that statistic to mitigate a criminal market manipulation.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join