It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Will Take The Fed Seven Years To Deliver 300 Tons Of German Gold

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

Oh man. It will take the US Govt 7...seven....years to return 5% of the Gold to the Germans?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, this isn't the beginning of a possible war or anything.

The US is really circling the crapper.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
More like seven years to dig up enough gold from Mali, along with the French, to replace the IOUs they were planning on giving them.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I am sorry for being a little bit blind or something, but WHY does it take 7 years? The linked articles are only quoting that number without any causes to it?

Really, I could not care less if the gold is here, there or somewhere else -- if Bill Gates wanted to cloth his children in gold hemds, then let him have his way. It's nice and shiney, but other metals are, too..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It won't take 7 years, and furthermore, there is no legitimate reason to make a posting saying so. So why do it?

edit- and finding a rubbish article saying it will be 7 years doesn't count as legitimate. Facts is what we want, not cut and paste BS.
edit on 17-1-2013 by ted4d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This makes absolutely no sense, is this even for real? Why doesn't Germany just do it in a few big batches in a month.....

Has the vault got a 7 year time lock on the vault door? lol

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ted4d
It won't take 7 years, and furthermore, there is no legitimate reason to make a posting saying so. So why do it?

edit- and finding a rubbish article saying it will be 7 years doesn't count as legitimate. Facts is what we want, not cut and paste BS.

Yahoo

All 374 tons of German gold held in Paris vaults will be moved back to the Bundesbank's vaults in Frankfurt by 2020, the bank said Wednesday. A further 300 tons of gold stored in New York will also be brought back.

2020 - 2013 = 7

You arguing something without doing an ounce of research on the topic is rubbish.

edit on 17-1-2013 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
reply to post by macman

I am sorry for being a little bit blind or something, but WHY does it take 7 years? The linked articles are only quoting that number without any causes to it?

Really, I could not care less if the gold is here, there or somewhere else -- if Bill Gates wanted to cloth his children in gold hemds, then let him have his way. It's nice and shiney, but other metals are, too..

Why will it take 7 years???

Think "The check is in the mail".

The Fed is stalling. The IOUs are not as good as gold.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ted4d

That is from the Fed.

Geez, do I have to hold everyone's hand here?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

When I read that I almost crapped, that is why they are doing it! Nothin like a good ole CIA coup.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ya sure .. but they can deliver 1000 tonnes of military equipment anywhere around the world in no time .. go figure ..

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by junglimogli

Well, they had to pay for those 1000
tonnes with something, no?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

wow, some people really need help.

How on earth does "All 374 tons of German gold held in Paris vaults will be moved back to the Bundesbank's vaults in Frankfurt by 2020," mean it takes 7 years. Are peopele that stupid. So, the German gold in Paris WILL be moved in 2020, so that inevitably means it takes 7 years to move any gold anywhere. oh my god! right, I give up, [snip] this thread.

edit on Thu Jan 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Gods, no wonder other countries can't stand us.
Sure, we will be happy to store your gold for you.
You want it back now? Well, let's see, ummmm, yeah, that's going to take a bit.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Report: Germany to repatriate gold from US, France
www.denverpost.com...

Gold reaches 80% of Mali exports
www.afrol.com...

The gold rush is on again. If guns need to be regulated (or confiscated), we need to start with the statist gold bugs who will kill Malis or anyone else who's got some of that addictive shiny stuff for their daily fix.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

No, it's not from the Fed, if it is then prove it from a fact.

People are gullible. It doesn't take 7 years, no matter how many lame articles you read saying it does.

I dare you to prove it takes 7 years. You can't, it's not possible so STFU.
There are no articles saying it will take 7 years (apart from ATS!!!!). Total and utter BS and if you are even trying to continue this then clearly you have too much time on your hands. Go argue about something important instead of it taking 7 years to move some gold that could be moved in 7 hours.

Not moaning at the OP, just anyone who thinks this is actually true in the world we live in. Wow, some people really need to think about life and facts a bit more. Even the Nazi in WW1 and WW2 didn't have these issues with moving Gold.

Conspiracy over.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ted4d

In the articles provided, it is shown that they have put the scheduled end of delivery at 2020.

I trust Zero Hedge, Yahoo and hundreds of other outlets over YOUR statement any day.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by ted4d

In the articles provided, it is shown that they have put the scheduled end of delivery at 2020.

I trust Zero Hedge, Yahoo and hundreds of other outlets over YOUR statement any day.

Ok, I submit. It totally does take 7 years, Yeah, it actually takes 7 years to move some gold, your'e right. It's nothing to do with when it's been asked to move or when it is requested for (2020!!) It just takes that long, like a really slow train. I stand totally corrected and you're completely right that nobody can move any gold anywhere in less than 7 years, I'm very sorry for doubting the BS and I feel totally humiliated by the response.

---------
No, it's not from the Fed, if it is then prove it from a fact.

People are gullible. It doesn't take 7 years, no matter how many lame articles you read saying it does.

I dare you to prove it takes 7 years. You can't, it's not possible so STFU.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What i take from the article is that in total it will take 7 years,
maybe they do this for security, why ship all of it at once if
you can break it up and if you loose one or two bundles to
theft its not as compromising as loosing one big shipment
in a big heist or accident.

Also to add, i wouldn't think think this a conspiracy until Germany
throws a fit at the time scale, for all we know they requested it
and that simply wasn't made public, heck what if the new super
secure vault wont be ready till then?
edit on 17-1-2013 by bloodreviara because: to add