It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does it feel knowing that your inferior?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm not sure how there can be any doubt that there are other civilizations far more advanced than ourselves, but like others have said... inferiority and superiority are subjective concepts.

As for ETs being a threat to us... Look at how our approach to naturalistic observation has changed over the last century. We used to trample through the forest hoping to lodge a bullet in the spine of some exotic beast or another for the sake of "science" and discovery. Now we try to make it as if we were never there observing. We cover footprints and mask scents. Some even go so far as making costumes that hide our true identity from those whom we are observing (like gorillas), so we may observe them in their natural environment without our interference. Sound familiar? If anything, we humans are slowly losing that aggressive approach that we held for so long and are starting to behave more like our ET friends. If that's a sign of anything, I think it says that we probably have nothing to worry about from these guys. I still can't imagine why any species signifigantly more advanced than us would have ANY use for primatives like ourselves outside of satisfying their curiosity.

Back on the topic of superiority... if you have even the slightest sense of faith or spirituality... then you believe that we are ALL inferior lol. That doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact, it takes a great deal of the pressure off

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Superiority is in the eye of the beholder.

If aliens did conquer this planet, then we might begin to see some amazing manifestations of just what being superior is. Not from the aliens, but from us.

We would (hopefully) begin to see Earth's people work together. A much bigger problem would be at hand and, sad as it is, it would take something like that to put all of our other petty differences aside. We are human. We know what superiority is and would not want to give that up.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Inferiority is a perception. The idea that one is inferior in some way has lead to incredible defeats throughout history. The Italians, during WW2, decide to do a little "empire re-building" and invaded Ethiopia with an armoured division and was thouroughly trounced by Ethiopians armed, for the most part, with shields and spears. The Sapartans defeated how many invaders with a fraction of the troops the enemy had? Lookit up. It's cool. Never underestimate one you feel is "inferior", it'll come back and bite you on the buttucks.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Back on the topic of superiority... if you have even the slightest sense of faith or spirituality... then you believe that we are ALL inferior lol. That doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact, it takes a great deal of the pressure off

I share this belief 100%. I do not believe aliens that we know are actually aliens, but merlely demons and illusions from the Devil in order to subject mankind into fear and missery. Either way everything that walks this Earth known and unknown is inferior to Our Heavenly Father. Bless our souls for those who live under His blessing.

The Sapartans defeated how many invaders with a fraction of the troops the enemy had? Lookit up. It's cool. Never underestimate one you feel is "inferior", it'll come back and bite you on the buttucks.

I think you may be referring to The battle of Thermopylae in which the Spartans did not win, but put up a hell of a fight.

The Greeks learned of the treachery near morning. They would barely have time to escape from the trap. Leonidas told the other Greeks to return home, to fight another day, but the Spartans stayed. The Thespians and Thebans joined them. There were no more than a few thousand who stayed.

Greeks knew they were about to die and they fought all the more fiercely for it. The Spartans put up the stoutest resistance, taking their stand on a little hill and fighting in a circle facing outward with enemies all around.

When Leonidas was killed, he was some distance away. Some of the Spartans formed a tight group, fought their way to his body, picked it up, then fought their way back to the main group on the hill.

The Persians seemed utterly unable to annihilate the last 300 Spartans. They demanded the body of Leonidas in return for the Spartan's lives, but the men refused to abandon the body of their King, declaring: "A Spartan leaves the field with his shield or upon it"

At last, the Spartans were killed by a hail of spears and arrows, the Persians fearing to close with these fearsome warriors.

Very fierce were these Spartans that I believe they could take any human beings on todays Earth and defeat them in a similar situation.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
6.6 bill ok and after they tow a 3.2 mile in diameter chunk of rock into orbit and drop it. whose left and who would want a human as a slave(wake up with your throat cut any one) we're lab rats to improve their genetics
nothing more their minds got strong bodys got weak so they need new bods. we're it. they made us now they need some of what they left back!!!! plus humans make good killers an human grey hybrids make killers from hell. who better to inforce law and order the man with plasma cannon!!!!!! as for invasion why then they would have to put up with their screaming chimps an clean the cages
so don't worry be happy. ooh ooh eea eea scratch scratch where's my banana!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't think the US government hides anything. A government constitutes of thousands of people. Don't you think that at least one would have cracked and confessed publically by now?

Well, you have the right to your opinion regarding the Government, we all do, However, There are those that have come forwards with such info. at times it falls on deaf ears, others do hear and know!

I know of what I'v seen with my own eyes, more then once, no one will convince me differently.... We are not alone, that I know to be true!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
What gives your government the right to make descions for me. Why should they decide if im ready to know whether we are or are not alone. Shall we not forget the only true wisdom lays in knowing that you know nothing.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Because it could cause world wide panic. Remember when there was a radio broadcast in america where they read from "War of the Worlds" (forgotten the author) and that caused chaos, that wasn't even real. Its a fictional story book. Just imagine the panic that would be caused if it were a real broadcast. We will be "ready" when the govt. thinks we have a great enough understanding and won't panic if such a thing is said.

EDIT: Remember the author now, H.G Wells

[edit on 31-10-2004 by mouldy_punk]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Well keep in mind when that radio broadcast came on, there was little said before Orson Wells told the story, and it would be a fictional story for that evening... I think it was back in th late 1920's early 30s' when this had taken place. We have come along ways from the time frame, with all of the advancements we have made and seen. I think our position today would be different to accept this.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The aliens won't conquer us, the united states will blow them to kingdom come with their nuclear missles.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mouldy_punk
Because it could cause world wide panic. Remember when there was a radio broadcast in america where they read from "War of the Worlds" (forgotten the author) and that caused chaos, that wasn't even real. Its a fictional story book. Just imagine the panic that would be caused if it were a real broadcast. We will be "ready" when the govt. thinks we have a great enough understanding and won't panic if such a thing is said.

EDIT: Remember the author now, H.G Wells

[edit on 31-10-2004 by mouldy_punk]

Yes but one mistake you made which now allows me to take apart that post. The story is titled war of the worlds, not our worlds makes contact with aliens. If they wanted to invade they would. Yes it would cause panic and a complete and utter calapse of some religious systems among others. As well as sevral other efforts but still my future should by no means have that right.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just made a new thread to talk about that matter.

here it is

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
technology does not make aliens superior.there is no proof your greys or reptiles exist,so stop talking as it it were facts.

I have to agree with DarkSide here. When did Greys become fact?

Inferior is a state of mind. If you are still thinking this way, then were are def. not ready for disclosure.
Do you feel inferior because terrorism is knocking at our doorstep? Are these spineless mis guided w@nkers superior because they have the smarts to obtain wepons, and use them against us (humanity)?

We'll be knocked off the top the food chain in years to come. Lets not get too cosy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join