It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child soldiers forced to fight French troops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
the root of all this evil is capitalism under the cover of religion to false gods.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
sick and twisted certain militants? right.
why is war there anyway?
gold?
diamonds?
who F" UP the place in the first place? France? uk? if i born there i will not even wait till my 10 years to go and kick some MOTHER.... F>>>> foreigner ARSE who destroyed my country, family and future...
OP, do U really care what is happening in Mali?

The war has nothing to do with gold or diamonds. nor is the conflict in Mali new, nor did any outside power F up the place so to speak. The conflcit was first between a small minority group and the central gov. Then certain radical groups saw an opportunity to join in and try and take over the cause. You have also seen this over the years in Bosnia, Iraq, Syria etc. In this case they saw a weak central gov and military that really had no heart to go after the rebels. So they go involved and with men and arms and the Gov forces collapsed under the pressure leading to a coup and chaos. African states who are no sending in forces were suppose to handle it but, things got so bad so fast France had to act. Also on a side not the original rebels ended up fighting the islamic radical forces and also lost, now they are hiding in the north while some have broken off to keep on fighting the radicals. And of course child soldiers are not volunteers nor do they have interest in fighting but if the do not thier family suffers. Now that you know what is happening Mali do you have any intelligent to ad or just more gibberish?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Way to go MrSpad

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Child soldiers have tragically been used in other African conflicts but I don't recall many shedding tears or advocating military intervention.

Usually their exposure is limited to appeals by UNICEF or various charitable organisations.

Yet suddenly we've all bemoaning the horror of child soldiers? No child should have to suffer in such a way.

In fact I believe Manchester United football club have been involved for quite a few years with a campaign to help support former child soldiers.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I am more worried about the poor french soldiers who surely have to go through hell any time they pull that trigger on a 10 yrs old....can you imagine that?....Things we have to go through to liberate the Barbarians...Sheeeshh!.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Well said. Conscription has been an issue for a very long time. Just between Africa and the middle east its enough to make a person want to cry.

Whats also sad is the way it is used only when public support is desired for something. Its been a constant throughout those regions for a long time, but it really only ever gets talked about in the mainstream when there is some sort of military or political action being taken in the region.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join