Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Disturbing Dis-info Trends I've Noticed In Online Communication

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
First of all I want to say that I have been guilty of calling someone a shill in one of my very first threads I have posted here, and I regret doing so. It's rude and does not help either side of an argument.

We must always look at all sides of a situation, doing our best to gather evidence and facts before rushing to conclusions.

I have been noticing some very disturbing trends in online communication, though, and it needs to stop.

I was watching some Youtube videos about debunking the Sandy Hook conspiracy theories because it's important to view both sides of the situation. I am leaning more towards believing that the events were staged, but I don't have evidence and it's only an opinion.

What disturbs me is the sudden, overwhelming insults being flung PRIMARILY at conspiracy theorists.

I showed someone that believes the official story the news clip of Anderson Coopers "Attacks" as well as pointing out his connection to the CIA - and this was the disturbing response that I am seeing repeated a lot, and it's beyond ignorant:

I'm done here. Truthers, go f*** yourself. You have no grasp on what reality is and everyone knows. Fringe beliefs are on the fringe for a reason. Most are discredited by those who get that one person can be the perpetrator of unspeakable horror.

You probably think Brenda Ann Spencer was a CIA operative, too. There is a mountain of evidence against your claims of what was behind Sandy Hook and a pile of dead kids to speak for it. Adam was a kid who was vulnerable, ignored, and given the tools to

carry out such things because of his personal influences from his dad who didn't give a f*** and his mom who mentioned his instability many times, yet taught that the apocalypse was coming and continued to give him access to weaponry.

Is this the works of a Shill? I made sure not to call them one. There's no point to it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Show me evidence those kids aren't dead then. I don't mean those dead ringer/photo shopped pictures. I seen someone that looked like me in the store yesterday. Real evidence,then maybe I'll be able to cross to your side. Is that guy a shill? For speaking his opinion? No.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RightlyCurious

You're right! I don't have concrete evidence...but this person says there is a "mountain" of it. Well, I don't even see a mole hill...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

That's the best example of "disinfo" you can come up with?

Being rude isn't disinformation.

The guy sounds like he's at his wits end and needs to take a break, but what is there to be shilled? What disinfo did they speak?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Maybe its the grieving parent and town? Can you tell me they replaced this whole town with actors? It'd be the only way considering the people in this small town knew each other most of their lives. Can you do that? Sounds like there is a whole town of evidence. Now, did the government set this up for a gun ban? That is another story.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This dis-info part is this:

There is a mountain of evidence against your claims of what was behind Sandy Hook and a pile of dead kids to speak for it

That's spreading disinformation, especially when they have no evidence.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

You are spreading dis-info by saying there are no dead kids. In your above post you are saying there is no concrete evidence that the kids are alive, then say he is spreading dis-info by saying kids did die...
edit on 17-1-2013 by RightlyCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

You are spreading disinfo by putting words in my mouth. I posted the video of Anderson Cooper "attacking' conspiracy theorists as a follow up response to a video that claims to debunk the theory that the shootings were hoaxed.

Please don't be ignorant.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
All I want is for everyone to look at both sides without bias, which there is WAY too much of.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111

You are spreading disinfo by putting words in my mouth.

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
Is this the works of a Shill? I made sure not to call them one. There's no point to it.

Why would a person be a shill if they were telling the truth?

If anything, in a lot of these situations I think if shills are involved, they are the ones pretending to be theorists and coming up with crazy talk!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Wasn't talking about your Op but your second post.
Please don't be ignorant.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Did you ask them to provide evidence to back up their statement?

Stating there is mountains of evidence is not disinfo. If they evidence brought forward is questionable, then it could be questioned, but even then, who's to say that the information isn't just misinformation?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

You're missing the point of my thread. I hope everyone can just get a long and promote better communication. Enough said.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

You are missing the point. Several people have said "well, nobody in the community even KNOWS who these victims are".....funny...I live in Iowa, was deployed with a fellow from Connecticut, Newttown to be exact, and one of his best friends and her husband lost a child...something about the official story stinks, I'll agree with you. But some of the nonsense that's been posted here is nothing more than just that...and it gets old. People on this site insist that EVERYTHING that happens is a conspiracy anymore, and it makes me less interested in conspiracy theories as a whole....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984

You are missing the point. Several people have said "well, nobody in the community even KNOWS who these victims are".....funny...I live in Iowa, was deployed with a fellow from Connecticut, Newttown to be exact, and one of his best friends and her husband lost a child...something about the official story stinks, I'll agree with you. But some of the nonsense that's been posted here is nothing more than just that...and it gets old. People on this site insist that EVERYTHING that happens is a conspiracy anymore, and it makes me less interested in conspiracy theories as a whole....

Maybe everything IS a conspiracy and you are the only one who isnt a part of it- This whole thing is a conspiracy against you...All of us are here merely to steer you into our luciferian illuminati grasp
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-And we would have gotten away with it if it werent for those meddling kids.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

People on this site insist that EVERYTHING that happens is a conspiracy anymore, and it makes me less interested in conspiracy theories as a whole....
reply to post by mademyself1984

You're right, not everything is a conspiracy. But I expect people to at least be civil and stop pointing fingers and claim that their view is superior to someone else's. And for people to not claim that they have evidence, when they don't. And neither do I. I have a theory...that involves a conspiracy. They have a a bias viewpoint with claims of evidence THAT DOES NOT EXIST. Claiming that there is evidence against my, and so many other people's theory is ludicrous.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I don't think you even have a grasp of what the other side believes, otherwise you wouldn't have made these statements. We are not saying that the massacre never happened. THAT would be stupid, because the point we are trying to get across is that the event happened for a predetermined reason. These events are no doubt really occurring, but they were not conducted entirely by those who they say are responsible. Like Oswald, it is difficult for someone to defend themselves when they are dead, and this makes it a whole lot easier for the government, or whoever is involved, to spread their disinformation about what occurred.

There have been at least two high-ranking officials, even a US general, that have stated it is a known fact that Israel carries out executions exactly like this one on the children in other countries, as a warning or retaliation for some wrong they feel they were subjected to. In this case those I mentioned suggested it was because Obama is basically giving Israel the cold shoulder, for whatever reason, while Israel is trying to garner support to wipe Iran off the map.

I do not know what happened that day, as I was not there. But I do know that there are inconsistencies in the narration of events that were officially released. That should not happen, and I think the crazy ones are those who simply disregard glaring inconsistencies, especially when these types of events are being used to take away our Constitutional rights. So maybe it was Israel. Maybe it really was a certain faction within the US government. I cannot say. But the only thing that I feel is likely is that the boy who is charged with carrying out this event on his own was basically a fall guy. Statements given by eyewitnesses directly point to another person being in the building and shooting. So either the boy was coerced into participating in this event, or he was taken there to make it look as if he participated in the event.

That is what I believe very well could have happened. I say this because it would explain every single one of those inconsistencies I mentioned earlier involving the testimony of eyewitnesses. Notice how as more time passed after the event, there was less and less contradictory information being presented via the MSM and the official record? Witnesses who said important things the day this happened are not only no longer interviewed, but we hear absolutely nothing else about them. Years ago I would have thought I was crazy for believing something like this, but now it wouldn't surprise me if those people who know to much against the official story already have their phones tapped and their communications and actions are being closely watched to make sure they are not talking about going to the police or spreading the word.

This happened with many of the 9/11 witnesses, and quite a few of them turned up dead. Remember the madame running the prostitution ring? She declared on Jones' radio program that she was NOT planning on committing suicide, and was going to fight the government, as she was armed with the truth, having received information from very powerful people. And guess what, she was found hanging in her garage just days later. So you tell me again that conspiracy theorists are the ones who are crazy. Read declassified government files that talk about the government's use of coercion, assassination, terrorism, unConstitutional actions, etc., and then tell me that conspiracy theorists are the crazy ones. You can read so much information on government abuse of power to this high degree from their own documents, so what more proof is needed to show that conspiracy theorists are in the right for believing what they are believing. Why would you trust a government that constantly breaks its own laws and murders its own citizens when they are in a position to expose their lying and illegal activities?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I would give you a million stars if I could. Wow. That's a top notch reply! Well done.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984

Really?

That's interesting, small world eh.

Your male armed forces friend is best friends with a married Woman? That's...unusual.

Could you supply the name of this best friend of your friend please. This could be an important lead to follow up on, which could either close down all conspiracy theories surrounding SH, or provide more evidence SH is not all it is being reported to be.

Either way, since this is all in the public domain..there should be no problem telling us who this family is.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't think it's disinfo at all. Sandy Hook is a highly polarizing subject; more so than your average conspiracy fodder would be. I'm guilty of getting really mad regarding this one, and that's why I try to just ignore the SH threads now.

Unfortunately, a small group of people have chosen to take things way too far and are acting in a reprehensible manner regarding 'no deaths" and "actor parents" and other similar theories. Those theories, in and of themselves, could have been fairly harmless and isolated, but some people are just sad and they chose to take the next step. Emailing the victims and their families with this garbage is simply one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen out of our society. It is seriously deranged. At what point do we turn into Westboro, showing up at random funerals to accuse the families of ANY random death of being actors or claiming that their dead son, daughter, mother, or father is really alive and well?

Now that these low lives are known about, everyone is getting lumped together in this one. Right or wrong, a small group of highly disturbed individuals has managed to become the poster children for anyone that questions SH. It isn't right, but it happened.

I would expect that the option for rational discussion ended due to this small group and the noise they made. So it's easy to see how one would get some pretty emotionally charged responses regarding the subject. I don't know if you are one to believe the actor theory or the nobody died theory, but regardless you are not likely to get much in the way of polite discussion on this one for now. As I said, it's just too polarizing right now.
edit on 17-1-2013 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join