It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas lawmakers drafting bill that follows Wyoming and Texas on guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
nwahomepage.com...

So State Senator Jon Woods and a few fellow politicians drafting a bill that would ignore any federal ban on assault rifles.

"The population doesn't need to be worried about their guns being taken away. It's just unproductive and unhealthy when you start talking about more and more gun regulations."

Looks like Arkansas is attempting to follow the "Firearms Protection Act" that Wyoming and Texas are trying to pass. I havent been able to find as much on this one in Arkansas, atleast compared to Wyoming and Texas.

An extra article - 5newsonline.com...

Woods says he and some House members are studying the Wyoming bill, and that a similar measure is being drafted in Arkansas, with Rep.-Elect Andy Davis, R-Little Rock, as the author and lead sponsor. Woods says he will be the lead Senate sponsor, adding, ”Stay tuned for further developments.”

Im guessing it wont be long for states like Arizona, Mississippi, and others to follow.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
unfortunately, i see NC following the way of Herr Dictator, its fast becoming a blue state here

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well, Missouri already outlawed the Affordable Care Act for exchanges of any kind as well as any sanction of any kind against a resident of the state. Why not go for a perfect score and run this one up too? Hopefully we'll join our southern neighbors on this one and make it a block. Otherwise, I foresee a great many friends and family a few miles inside the Arkansas side of the line suddenly needing many...ahem..MANY...gun safes. Mysteriously too...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The more the merrier. Missouri is in on that action too.
I've never even owned a gun, but I sure hate losing rights. Proof that not every politician is out to screw us.(color me shocked on that one)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There was a topic on here today that said missouri and kansas have also drafted similar proposals, it looks like this thing is just getting started.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Perhaps they should try something different.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

P

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I believe Missouri has already started to follow Wyoming and Texas.

Here's another thread that is trying to put together each state following/doing something similar to the "Firearms Protection Act"

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
nevermind, wrong info
edit on 17-1-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Alaska has one going too. www.adn.com...

new topics

top topics

join