Unprecedented Coverage of Conspiracy Theorists in the media

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

The reason why Sandy Hook conspiracy theories is being used is because it is socially repugnant. Think about it. It is, essentially, denying the grief of parents who lost their children or casting it in suspect light.

Exactly. I, smartly, took a break from ATS during that period and try to avoid the threads as much as possible because, sadly, they are clearly insane. Actors? The whole thing was a hoax? That parent didn't look "sad" enough?

Honestly, you can ask questions, but once you start trying to convince people the kids were kidnapped and moved somewhere by the government, you've lost touch with reality and are doing two things, neither of which are beneficial:

1) you are indeed hurting those grieving families
2) you are giving "them" ammunition to try to silence "us" with your insane illogical conspiracy.

There are various REAL conspiracies we can be concentrating on, questioning the validity of the grief of a parent who lost a child in the most horrific way imaginable, is not getting you anywhere. You can easily approach this event without being a cold hearted dick. You can, plenty have.

Sadly, this event is exactly what it seems like, a troubled kid on drugs went to school and shot a bunch of people. 99% of the stuff people are picking threads from stems from the fact that reporters don't report anymore, they repeat stuff people tweet. Most of the "smoking gun evidence" of this conspiracy is nothing more than bad information.

Oh..oh..oh but Phishy, the story changed!

Of course it did, once they got some actual facts, it had to be revised.

Which brings us back to the OP, why so much MsM coverage? Because people like Alex Jones are out there demanding coverage, and giving "them" exactly what they need:

A perfect example of a gun toting raving lunatic, and since AJ tends to stick his finger into every conspiracy that pops onto the internet, by default, we're all raving lunatics, some with guns, some without. Until those of us able to distinguish fiction from reality can get some airtime, we will continue to be marginalized. a poster mentioned occupy... Yes, thank you for that, a perfect and clear example of what is about to happen to all of "us".

All it takes it a few more minutes of AJ on the MsM, or even worse, Icke.. give those morons enough airtime and we'll all be in padded cells by September. And, of course, it is my humble opinion that this was the plan all along.

Parallels? 911 truthers. We had real issues, facts that needed addressing, and honest questions that begged for answers. Then the pod people came out of the woodwork, and the space weapons idiots, the UFO did it crowd, the no planers (apparently they were holograms.....) the switched at the airporters who suggest the planes were drones and all the real passengers are either working in area 51 or were dumped into the ocean Osama style.

Now see, that was by design, most of those idiots knew they were peddling crap, but that was the point, how can you take any evidence for thermite, or the put option trades, or any of the other issues seriously, when the same sources are saying such ridiculous things.

This is where it's going, and I suggest anyone who still has their cart hitched to Alex Jones' wagon re-evaluate that relationship, and fast.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Not entirely true. I read the entire blog.
The guy he was trying to crucify didn't go at it alex jones style.

Also AC didn't stop at the professor he continued on about all the theories, never touching the middle ground, and never answering the lingering questions. Why even try to defend that?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I think in part what has happened here is....there has been no official or even quasi official explanation to some of what's been called discrepancies. So....they fester and run wild like a feral animal. Then people make videos and listen to Alex and presto....there's a conspiracy group! (as stupid as they are in this case)

Now, I think I am the most conspiratorial person I know and for the life of me, I can't see one here even when I try!

It's lunacy. The logic overrides the doubts. How can an entire town be in on this? And not only them but, police, actors, news media, ambulances, doctors, coroners, neighbors, bus drivers, parents, siblings, funeral directors etc. It's the most f 'ed up obscene and insane thing I've ever read.

But here's the kicker. Is this being done on purpose? Just like the ambiguous "Occupy" group was. That wasn't started by concerned citizens. That was started from some think-tank for political reasons.

So did the 'conspiracy' trend start from some (perhaps republican) think-tank to get all the gun totin' patriots up Obama's butt then storm the White House? Me's startin' to think so.

The conspiracy makes NO sense. If this was a government sponsored effort all they would've had to do is hypnotize Adam into some Manchurian Candidate-like zombie..... and program him to start assaulting all the kids/teachers in this school. No need for actors. It's the most outrageous conspiracy to date.

Sorry to ramblin'

edit on 17-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I'm glad you posted this because media are trying to install a stereotype of MENTAL instability in those who entertain "conspiracy theory" but not only just any mental instability..."dangerous mental instability".

Now this makes sense of the mental health push/angle and THAT being a restriction on GUNS...

who is the most vocally opposed to the government? Who is spreading information regarding the corrupt government? Conspiracy Theorists...

they want conspiracy theorist to = dangerous mental patient in the minds of masses then use the Mental health angle to restrict them from possessing a gun to fight them off with.

It also gives them "just cause" in the minds of the numb to incarcerate and medicate conspiracy theorists...or those who question "too much". So not only will conspiracy theorists be unarmed they will be incarcerated and medicated stupid until they agree and their will is broken or reduced to a drooling mess outside of spreading anymore "truth"...

edit on 17-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I agree that Occupy was the handiwork of a think tank. I'm just not so certain that the think tank was necessarily government sponsored. The case of Aaron Swartz is really very interesting and he was involved with both Demand Progress and Avaaz. Something really bothers me about that whole mess from whom was predominantly covering it to the groups backing it and what occurred. Throw in Swartz and it's quite clear that the government was not happy.

My personal opinion is that there isn't a stitch of information that they let get out of their control. If you have a specific set of people who are capable of thinking outside of the box and questioning authority (the pattern seekers and dot connectors), then having some control within those groups of people would be ideal. If it starts exploding in your face, then it's easy to pull the rug and dump the conspiracy theorists back into the "you're a nut" corner if you already have individuals planted within the particular arena.

I agree that the Sandy Hook event was a natural event. However, the government did engage in some rather questionable activities with some of the brightest children in the nation up until at least the late 90's to early 2000's. If you do some digging through academic research, you should be able to find enough to raise an eyebrow though most of it is locked up in academic databases and even within those databases, most are only available in shortened formats--not full. It's rather reprehensible. Lanza, however, was too young to have been involved in any of that and the product, as far as I can glean, was not to make Manchurian Candidates at all but think tank type people with heavy loyalty (way more believable). Even really smart people can snap and when they do, it can be absolutely dreadful. That's Lanza and (Holmes for that matter). That, however, is just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think the flood of hinky conspiracy theories, is part of the PSY WAR
There is a good chance the disinformation being peddled is produced in some military unit embedded in the media stream....
The effect is vilify and disconect those who are awake from those who remain ignorant.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
They are trying to make the term Conspiracy Theorists into a image of a loonie fat bald guy living in a basement with a tinfoil hat and a computer in a dark room.....no wait that's Alex Jones...

IMO I do believe they are trying to scar the image of what it is we do, and that is just hard to explain to anybody, all my friends call me the conspiracy guy. "oh look there goes *my name* again with his conspiracy stuff"

I like the term Truth Seeker! I am a seeker.

Just my thoughts!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
it's only a conspiracy to the people not let in on it.

everybody in politics conspire.

the republicans conspire against the democrats, and vice versa, the military conspire with other militaries to attack targets.

people conspire at work too, to get people fired.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I think you'll find the conspiracy theorists have entered the realm of the insulting. To call grieving parents liars, shills, sheepies, actors, conspirators etc etc is starting to be offensive.

Every single goddam tragedy ends up on ATS with OP stating "MSM lies, cover-up to take way our freedom". Well guess what it will be a self fulfilling prophecy when people with dead children start to lobby politicians to have something done about spreading lies on the internet about them and their grief being an act.

Here's facts:
1. The MSM does not always lie, in fact it tells the truth most of the time.
2. MSM, like every organisation and person on the planet and every single ATS member, makes mistake, this is not a conspiracy
(the most famous recent one being the "wrong" building collapsing behind the BBC reporter at 911)
3. The MSM does lie from time to time but more about twisting the truth for a story, to be the first etc.etc and when it comes to an individual reporter who gets paid for a scoop and make money, I mean come on. But it's still not a conspiracy.
4. All MSM has political bias. This is called political bias, not a conspiracy.

Tell me this : How can you tell from an OP that the author is sincere and not merely writing fiction to get a kick out of being offensive ?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You're absolutely right and every step, from hereon out, should be to avoid those words that are becoming increasingly tainted in the public's mind to avoid doublespeak. Imagine if, instead of a flood of buzz words, there was a flood of highly evidenced conspiracy with emphasis on logic and avoidance of doublespeak risky words. If you know that there are those who are working to undermine you, then work around them.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yay, what we say and do here really does matter!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You're right OP, there is an unprecedented coverage of conspiracy theorists lately. It seems to me that TPTB are trying to put a lid on the exploding awareness that people are experiencing, thanks to alternative news sites and social media sites such as Facebook.

However, I also notice that the media is highly biased. I saw Anderson Cooper's whine-fest concerning questioning the Sandy Hook tragedy. You say that the people themselves gave him all the ammunition he needed, but if you watch his segment, he definitely doesn't give an inch, or admits that the mainstream media themselves are partially to blame, because of all the holes in the story, which they NEVER cleared up, they just ignored it and went on as if everything they said earlier made sense, which it didn't.

I spent the majority of the morning reading the Yahoo story (written, BTW, by an editor of Skeptic Magazine, and the author of a book explaining how the media manipulates the population), and the multitude of comments. I would say that half wanted some basic answers as to how this happened, up to and including the surveillance tape and a picture of the door which the shooter supposedly shot up in order to gain access. The other half were there to make fun of conspiracy theorists, calling them "nuts", "mentally unstable", "coo coo for cocoa puffs", "bat shyte crazy" and other various insults. Many called for those who question the official story to be locked away and medicated.

So that's where we're at now in this country. There may be a small percentage who went over the line of decency when doing their questioning, but since I'm a firm believer in the First Amendment, I just shrugged my shoulders and went on to other things. Half want to keep their heads in the sand and feel that the MSM tells us everything we need to know, and only a nut-job would question it. The other half are actually using their brains and have some questions that are not being answered....not by the MSM, not by "my momma's a Vanderbilt" Anderson Cooper, and not by the people who refuse to look at the holes in this story.

Demonizing people for wanting to know the truth is a common tactic of tyrannical governments who have too many people asking questions. It is splitting this country in half......good for the tyrants, bad for the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just like with Gun-violence, gun-control and gun-man, the main stream media wants us to associate "conspiracy" and "theory" as synonymous.

Any notion of a conspiracy is only a theory, just like guns are only violent. Repetition over and over seals the meaning into our minds. We are brainwashed. The media isn't using the term to belittle sites like ATS, they are using it to brainwash the public at large to their agenda.

All "Conspiracies" are only "theories".

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I felt like more than the usual number of people were questioning the circumstances of the sandy hook event. From all the youtube posts to the "backlash" from AC and other "authorities", it looks to me like a problem for those who would gate keep info and attempt to control public discourse.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I felt like more than the usual number of people were questioning the circumstances of the sandy hook event. From all the youtube posts to the "backlash" from AC and other "authorities", it looks to me like a problem for those who would gate keep info and attempt to control public discourse.

Yes, I do too. Each insane, tragic event that happens, has more people looking at it with a critical eye. This last event has a great many people questioning it, and with good reason.

The story has some huge holes in it, many things don't really make sense, and the media muddied up the reporting of this event worse than any story in recent memory.

The fact that they refuse to answer even basic questions, and rushed head-long into the gun control thing, is highly suspicious.

My personal feeling is that, either they have become so brazen that they're becoming sloppy, or they purposefully are trying to create division and craziness, playing on our emotions and not doing their fricking job as so-called journalists. Either way, the lid is blowing off, and they cannot contain it to their satisfaction.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Why so much coverage? Because "conspiracy theories" are becoming mainstream. More and more people are listening and realizing that a lot of "conspiracies" have merit. It is harmful to the status quo that people are waking up. All the "coverage" is damage control - a desperate attempt to ridicule and marginalize the threat.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Here's the question though. How are they coming to the conclusions that some conspiracy theory may have merit? I am not much of a tv watcher--not by a long shot. However, in the process of talking to people about certain subject matters, I was really very surprised to hear them say that they already knew all about it...and then, they referenced a fictional television show. If it had happened once or twice, I would have discounted it. Instead, it happened at least 20 times (and therein, I lost count). Although something may be advertised openly as fictional, people have a nasty habit of taking bits and pieces of fictional material and forgetting the source of it or it becomes the source of it. I decided to break my normal tradition and watch this growing list of tv shows to see just what was being said. In my case, the shows were actually discussing the very real subjects of my own personal research. In other words, they were taking an actual thing that had occurred and turning it into an entertainment. What are the effects of that? Does it make someone who hears something dismiss the claim because, well, they clearly got it from a tv show? Or does it open their mind to the possibility of something similarly (but a lot more realistically) happening in reality? It's kind of like that quote from Eric Olson, the son of Frank Olson, where a journalist told him, "We know the CIA kills people. That's old news.".

Well, MSM making tv shows about some actual real conspiracies with a whole lot of fictional spin also make it so that everybody "knows" that the government has done some pretty unethical things in the past, too. In fact, if you include movies, you'll find this theme repeated over and over again. Why? Because it reinforces the idea that everybody knows the government has done some bad things. It's just okay as long as it isn't happening to them and that leads to complacency. Or worse yet, they think it's a cool thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan video was a deliberate attempt (by Alex Jones) to make conspiracy theorists out to be nutters!

They want us to be seen as crazy and dumb, it allows them to get away with what they want because anyone who questions anything is then branded a weirdo!

Only dumb people fall into that trap though.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I thought this video was relevant to the discussion here
edit on 1/17/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Continue to speak the truth for the ones who are swayed by lies without researching the truth are not doing the job they came to do and they're also co-responsible for whats going on. Its also about karma, if it exists, or not passing over and finding out you didn't seem to notice the issues and consequently alot of people suffered that could have been stopped. I wouldn't want that karma.

Also there is evidence for all the conspiracies, and to actually have sites and media shove down your throat that you are being abusive to the "victims" if you don't allow the wrong thing to be accepted and actually want real justice against the real criminals.

ITS LUDICROUS. We want real justice against the real perps in high levels in this and all their crimes.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join