It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented Coverage of Conspiracy Theorists in the media

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
As many who have read my posts of late have notice, I am very concerned about the public view on conspiracy theorists these days. I look at the way our freedoms are being erroded, and I wonder how much longer it is until we are not free to discuss what we see.

As many who have read my posts also know, I put a large part of the blame on US for allowing our right to speak to trump logic. So much of what is out there these days, on so many topics, is baseless. People seem to have forgotten what the burden of proof is.

So I set out to see what kind of news coverage we are getting these days. We have all seen the threads on the bigger names discussing it. The Cooper's and the Morgan's and what have you. So I did a quick google search.

Holy Crap.

Here is a taste of the amount of news articles out there that mention 'Conspiracy Theorists' over the last week:

Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theory Video Debunked By Experts
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Why Sandy Hook Massacre Spawned Conspiracy Theories
news.yahoo.com...
Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theories Go From Idiocy to Active Harassment
www.policymic.com...
Now, conspiracy theorists call him a pedophile and a satanist and ...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Gene Rosen, Sandy Hook Hero, Harassed By Conspiracy Theorists Who Claim He's An Actor
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Birther Conspiracy Theorists Still Believe Inauguration Won’t Proceed
www.mediaite.com...
Sandy Hook truthers: Conspiracy theorists out in full force
www.examiner.com...
Conspiracy theorists claim Sandy Hook tragedy is elaborate government hoax
www.vancouversun.com...
Sandy Hook school shooting conspiracy theory taken to cruel lunacy
www.allvoices.com...
Right-wing extremists, conspiracy theorists behind Gun Appreciation Day
tv.msnbc.com...
Leave It to a Conspiracy Theorist to Fight with the TSA
www.jaunted.com...

Well, you see what I am getting at. There are over 8 pages of headlines from just the LAST WEEK. I havent even come close to being able to look through them all yet.

Eyes are on you, ATS. What will you do with it?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
As soon as we have gestapo thought police, I think the jig is up.

So, viva la resistance!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Eyes are on you, ATS. What will you do with it?

Hopefully continue to expose the propaganda and disinformation for what it is.
edit on 16-1-2013 by starshift because: Simplification

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

When you read some of those headlines I have to agree there are a great many lunatics operating at a very high level of efficiency. It sounds a little like you are mixing up conspiracy theorist with something like fact finder. They are not the same and one is correct while the other is only surmising.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

What will I do? I will wonder why they want to paint this picture. Something is up I just can not put my finger on it at this point. The more they finger point the more I wonder.

Maybe the progressives are going to do what they have been planning for a long time and take complete control.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Good list there

I hate the term "conspiracy theorist". Whenever I have tried to explain things to friends, whether it be 9/11, Princess Di or whatever, I get the, "Oh no, you're not a conspiracy theorist are you?"

There definitely seems to be a media campaign to ramp up the dislike of people who search for the truth on stories. What I do find encouraging of many stories online is a great deal of comments are by people who are not prepared to have the wool pulled over their eyes any longer.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
They don't have to worry about us....we have been demonized to the point that just labeling someone a conspiracy theorist is enough to discredit them.........They have spent a lot of effort on this, and it has been a hugely successful marketing campaign. I think the only one better in recent times is taking God away from the democrats......that was a damnably good campaign if i do say so myself....but, the one against asking questions against the approved story is pretty good in itself.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Plain and simple we must endeavor to change the dynamic and make the term Conspiracy Theorist transform into Truth Seeker. That is the fact of the matter. We let others frame the debate and the Truth Seeker is made to look like the Conspiracy Theorist. That is a misbranding and we should not accept this and instead insist on the Truth in these matters come to light not that we think up conspiracy from no cause or purpose. Reframe the conversation. Truth seekers are not conspiracy theorist plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
We need to start using their own words and tactics against them. Start referring to as them "conspiracy deniers" or "sympethisers" or "plotters" or "conspiraters". Can anyone else come up with some better terms to throw back at them? Words are powerful tools.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If the conspiracy were true they'd be ignoring it.

All Sandy Hook conspirators do is discredit any real conspiracy out there.

edit on 16-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Sandy HOok conspiracists do discredit other conspiracists but i wuld like to see someone explain the second shooter.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Some people have an ability to see patterns more efficiently and connect the dots. They make great investigators and researchers.

More and more, the MSM are hiring TV personality types rather than investigative reporters. They just don't have that urge to find truth. They just want an audience, so they focus on looking good and sounding good. To heck with digging in the dirt for truth.

The MSM no longer searches for the patterns. They report sound bites and snippets of events. There is no digging deeper and asking probing questions. Nobody looks at the absurdities and asks, "how can this be?"

But, truth-seekers and dot-connectors, while many times are labelled as 'conspiracy theorists', are merely deeper investigators.

I said many many months ago that if Obama gets re-elected, the 2A will be one of the first things on his Agenda. And here we are. I still think they were waiting for the perfect-storm-of-a-year to attack it.......and, looky here:

We had the Sikh temple shooting, the Oregon mall shooting, and then the heart-wrenching Sandy Hook school shooting, all in one year. Very very odd.

If this doesn't make your conspiracy bone twitch, you just aren't thinking.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The reason we are drawing such attention is that the standards of us, those who should provide the burden of proof when making claims has fallen to such a low point that in many instances it is nonexistent.

Nothing more than someones spidey sense tingling or they feel that a person’s facial expression is not satisfactory.

There has been such an influx of so called truth seekers who do not understand the concept of providing evidence to back up their claims and they make no attempt to do so.

It is almost like they are spitballing or thinking out loud when they type out these ideas. Inevitably some latch on to these ideas but there was never any evidence to back them up.

We are brought down by the lowest common denominator and that will always be the most outlandish or disgusting among us. Unfortunately the darkest and lowest of our ranks are the ones the media gives attention to and that is why our credibility is destroyed. We have failed to self-govern ourselves when we could and should have where the burden of proof should be demanded. Instead many just let it slide and that is the same to the media as us approving of such tactics.

The MSM only needs a 5 minute slot to shine a spotlight on us when we let ourselves slip to such darkness and that 5 minute piece destroys years of work. It is unfortunate but it is the facts of how it works.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I believe they know that the people who point to 'holes in the official stories' are now using their personal facebooks, the freedom of the internet to post in numerous places, and other means of our technological age in order to spread the critical views on government conspiracies.

This is a huge deal, if the government and media do not give the masses an example of how ludacris these critical views of 'offical stories' are, and then give them an opinion to have ( make that an emotionally charged opinion ) then they might actually LISTEN to the conspiracy theories in some sort of intellectual manner, and be unemotionally provoked so as to actually reach a conclusion on the subject. Well, that is - looking at things from the 'conspirator's' point of view.

I believe what we are seeing is the mass marketing and programming for the masses on how to respond to those 'conspiracy theories'. That way alternative theories on how 'things happened' will not be 'new' to a person and peak their interest - instead, the moment they feel they are about to hear a 'conspiracy theory' they will realize it's exactly what they heard Anderson Cooper warn them about and they will unconciously react in such a manner.

Thanks OP for posting this, we need to realize that this is what is happening and begin to re-evaluate our approach. I feel like there is a reason there is such a huge campaign to program the masses against 'conspiracy theorist' and that reason is because they find themselves passes major legislations and steps towards reforming the structure of society in such a large way that they actually want to take steps to make sure the 'conspiracy theorist' groups are taken care of and not become a liability. That to me is clear evidence that we possibly have been doing something correct.

Already on TV we see shows on ancient aliens and masonry. We have shows on all kinds of conspiracy theories, and while for the most part it does only to discredit - it has brought alternative thinking under a spotlight, increased the numbers of those involved and even created a sort of subculture! It is becoming more and more available to be able to discuss things that would be deemed 'conspiracy theories' with people and this is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by grumpy64

I've always liked the term situationally aware.

The biggest supporters of those who are trying to restrict our freedoms are those who prefer to be taken care of for the illusion of safety. Their critical thinking skills and self determination have been neutered through entitlement mindsets. It's much easier to go along with the crowd than to stand against it. The disempowered are the weakest link into our sovereignty.

What is it that the park rangers tell us in regards to not feeding the wild animals? They become dependent on handouts and will no longer look for food on their own.
edit on 17-1-2013 by starshift because: Added

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I put a large part of the blame on US for allowing our right to speak to trump logic.

What is that supposed to mean exactly?
It's non existent in any other order. I blame the media for taking ramblings of anonymous mad men and using them with an agenda. I guess I have to blame the people that follow the MSM for being naive enough to believe everything the MSM tells them though.

Can't really blame the quacks for quacking.
edit on 17-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterMandlebrot

Well obviously not all of them (discredit the rest) because you (like me) have questions. It's not the fault of the people, or freedom of speech. The fault rests squarely on journalists that don't do their job and have no integrity. Like Anderson Cooper taking time to bash conspiracy theorists rather than taking time to answer the questions that have led to conspiracy theories existing about this incident.
edit on 17-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It took Anderson Cooper less than 10 minutes to destroy the conspiracy community but the ammunition he used came straight from us. Anyone could have done what he did because the claims are outrageous. The best way to keep from getting shot down is by not giving them the ammunition. The site owner sent out a U2U to everyone beforehand saying the same things Anderson Cooper did. I don’t know how anyone can blame MSM for actually reporting the truth on the matter.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ok, not to get too "out there" because i know there are a fair amount of people who REFUSE to deal in ANYTHING that they can't see, hear, feel, taste, or touch BUT,

"we" are evolving.
"we" are changing.
"we" are "waking up"
"our" consiousness is expanding.

We are becoming more and more "aware" and "alert"

This is due in no small part to the internet.
It is this internet that allows US to communicate to EACHOTHER!!!

I brag constantly that I have "friends" all over the PLANET with whom I touch base daily!!!

"You hear what the MSM WANTS you to hear" I tell them.
"I hear what the people ACTUALLY affected by the tragedies are REALLY going through".

I can not stress enough how important OUR relationship with eachother actually is.
At any given time, no matter where in the world you are, you have access to a man who lives in St. Louis Missouri, United States of America.

Don't take that for granted because I sure don't.
Whenever I interact with any of you, whether we agree or disagree, I know one thing is for sure.
That interaction was REAL!
What you see on T.V. is NOT REAL!!!
It is what you are meant to know!!!

Due to this "internet" we are feeding off of eachother.
We are learning from one another.
We are raising eachother's consiousness.
We are becoming more aware.

This is what "they" are up against and it is what they are having to double their efforts to combat and extinguish.
The more you see these MSM douchebags desperately vying for your attention and opinions, the more you know that "we" are on the right track.

Why Anderson??
Why devote SO much time, (time is what class?) effort and energy into trying to get ME to believe that the Sandy Hook tragedy was NOT a conspiracy????

Why?

Why do YOU care WHAT I THINK!?!?!?!?!

WHY?!?!?!?!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

This guy made a lot of good points.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join