It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land of the free?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
What happened to America and land of the free and all that? All I see and read every day about America is doom and gloom. And we thought it was bad in the UK! This is like a holiday camp,compared to over the pond! If you fart over there you will get locked up or maybe shot! You sure Obama isn't a clone of Hitler but just the wrong colour?
I thought it was your right also to have guns, what's going on there then?
We are supposed to be allies yet British members attack threads by Americans and vice versa, what's that about?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
What happened to America and land of the free and all that? All I see and read every day about America is doom and gloom. And we thought it was bad in the UK! This is like a holiday camp,compared to over the pond! If you fart over there you will get locked up or maybe shot! You sure Obama isn't a clone of Hitler but just the wrong colour?
We are supposed to be allies yet British members attack threads by Americans and vice versa, what's that about?

TPTB....they are mind-screwing people to hate everyone but them...and they are doing a damn fine job. When the dust settles they will be the last ones left to pick up all the pieces from the crap THEY STARTED...

they are winning imho...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Everyone hates us double ever since he was elected into office. He did send back the bust of Churchill too.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

TPTB....they are mind-screwing people to hate everyone but them...and they are doing a damn fine job. When the dust settles they will be the last ones left to pick up all the pieces from the crap THEY STARTED...

they are winning imho...

It's a shame as I was thinking of going over for a holiday as I have never been there but I am having second thoughts by what I am seeing and reading about what's going on. I feel sorry for you guys putting up with all this crap your President and his cronies are doing to their people.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0

Everyone hates us double ever since he was elected into office. He did send back the bust of Churchill too.

Found this about the bust....

Unfortunately for Pfeiffer, that bust was actually not the bust in question. There were two, you see, one of which Britain had loaned to former President Bush after the September 11 attacks (and which Obama sent back), and one of which remained in the White House. Pfeiffer was apparently unaware of the White House’s inventory of artwork, despite being the White House’s communications director, and apparently feeling compelled to comment on that very subject. Now, Pfeiffer is apologizing to Krauthammer, and it looks like the claim might not have been so “ridiculous” after all: Charles, I take your criticism seriously and you are correct that you are owed an apology. There was clearly an internal confusion about the two busts and there was no intention to deceive. I clearly overshot the runway in my post. The point I was trying to make – under the belief that the Bust in the residence was the one previously in the Oval Office — was that this oft repeated talking point about the bust being a symbol of President Obama’s failure to appreciate the special relationship is false. The bust that was returned was returned as a matter of course with all the other artwork that had been loaned to President Bush for display in his Oval Office and not something that President Obama or his Administration chose to do. I still think this is an important point and one I wish I had communicated better.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Freedom has NOTHING to do with owning an assault rifle or not. If you feel it does, you need to take stock of both your priorities and your sanity.

IRM :shk:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Freedom has NOTHING to do with owning an assault rifle or not. If you feel it does, you need to take stock of both your priorities and your sanity.

Did I say it had anything to do with Freedom meant owning an assault rifle? Show me where I said that?
My priorities and sanity are perfect thank you.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

care to follow through with what "Freedom" has to do with then? I am honestly curious of your opinion on this.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Did I say it had anything to do with Freedom meant owning an assault rifle? Show me where I said that?

Well Obama isn't telling people they can't own guns so what's the premise of your thread then given the context of today's events?

Give me a break man FFS!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You sure Obama isn't a clone of Hitler but just the wrong colour?

Nahhhhh...

WHY would you even think such a thing?

Both Hitler and Obama held rallies in outdoor stadiums to excite and inflame the people’s passions. Frequently women would faint or break into tears.

• Both Hitler and Obama wrote ghost-written autobiographies prior to the start of their run for political office. Hitler wrote Mein Kampf (My Struggle), and Obama wrote Dreams Of My Father. Both men then wrote a second book talking about their goals for German and America. Hitler wrote A New World Order, and Obama wrote The Audacity of Hope.

• Both Hitler and Obama originally had last names that were changed later in life. Hitler used to be Schickelbruber, and Obama’s last name was Soetoro.

• Both Hitler and Obama hid their real identities. Hitler had a Jewish ancestry, and Obama
a Muslim one. But unlike Hitler, Obama flaunted his Muslim roots in his start as a politician in order to defuse the inevitable firestorm. His ploy of “hiding in plain sight” worked very well.

• Both Hitler and Obama’s supporters followed them blindly, and without question

• Both Hitler and Obama used political power and coercion to conceal and hide their birth certificates from coming to public view. Hitler made his disappear, and Obama is unwilling and unable to produce his long-form birth certificate.

• Both Hitler and Obama advocate using young people as a driving force to create an “army” of youth dedicated to their Ideals. Hitler had his Hitler Youth, and Obama his Obama Youth Brigade.
Both Hitler and Obama were known for their tremendous oratorical skills

• Both Hitler and Obama received Messianic comparisons, and both men had songs of adoration written about them and for them.

• Like Hitler, Obama rules in direct disregard to the will and wishes of the people.

• Like Hitler, Obama has an obvious distaste for the Jews, and sides with the Muslims every chance he gets.

• Both Hitler and Obama were able to mezmerize the people even when it was obvious that what they were saying was not true.

• Both Hitler and Obama used domestic terrorists to launch their careers. Hitler had his Brown Shirts from his beer hall days, and Obama had people like Bill Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, and Rashid Khalidi.

mysteryoftheinquity.wordpress.com...

edit on 16-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

they are winning imho...

It's a shame as I was thinking of going over for a holiday as I have never been there but I am having second thoughts by what I am seeing and reading about what's going on. I feel sorry for you guys putting up with all this crap your President and his cronies are doing to their people.

Well if you are looking for a visit honestly I don't think it would be "that bad" make your choices in location wisely. Research the states and their laws and reference that with your preference for freedom...I can't think of a single state that doesn't have something to offer tourism wise.

Pick your poison wisely

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Well Obama isn't telling people they can't own guns so what's the premise of your thread then given the context of today's events?

Give me a break man FFS!

This isn't about guns like you seem to think, it's about what is happening to the American people by their Government not whether they own a fun even though there is talk about huge restrictions in owning certain types of them but I'm not going there as there are enough threads on here about that.
I'm talking about the way they are treated today compared to many years ago. You are the one that's making the comment about guns all the time, not me.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

You sure Obama isn't a clone of Hitler but just the wrong colour?

Nahhhhh...

WHY would you even think such a thing?

Both Hitler and Obama held rallies in outdoor stadiums to excite and inflame the people’s passions. Frequently women would faint or break into tears.

• Both Hitler and Obama wrote ghost-written autobiographies prior to the start of their run for political office. Hitler wrote Mein Kampf (My Struggle), and Obama wrote Dreams Of My Father. Both men then wrote a second book talking about their goals for German and America. Hitler wrote A New World Order, and Obama wrote The Audacity of Hope.

• Both Hitler and Obama originally had last names that were changed later in life. Hitler used to be Schickelbruber, and Obama’s last name was Soetoro.

• Both Hitler and Obama hid their real identities. Hitler had a Jewish ancestry, and Obama
a Muslim one. But unlike Hitler, Obama flaunted his Muslim roots in his start as a politician in order to defuse the inevitable firestorm. His ploy of “hiding in plain sight” worked very well.

• Both Hitler and Obama’s supporters followed them blindly, and without question

• Both Hitler and Obama used political power and coercion to conceal and hide their birth certificates from coming to public view. Hitler made his disappear, and Obama is unwilling and unable to produce his long-form birth certificate.

• Both Hitler and Obama advocate using young people as a driving force to create an “army” of youth dedicated to their Ideals. Hitler had his Hitler Youth, and Obama his Obama Youth Brigade.
Both Hitler and Obama were known for their tremendous oratorical skills

• Both Hitler and Obama received Messianic comparisons, and both men had songs of adoration written about them and for them.

• Like Hitler, Obama rules in direct disregard to the will and wishes of the people.

• Like Hitler, Obama has an obvious distaste for the Jews, and sides with the Muslims every chance he gets.

• Both Hitler and Obama were able to mezmerize the people even when it was obvious that what they were saying was not true.

• Both Hitler and Obama used domestic terrorists to launch their careers. Hitler had his Brown Shirts from his beer hall days, and Obama had people like Bill Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, and Rashid Khalidi.

mysteryoftheinquity.wordpress.com...

edit on 16-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

Did you notice like Hitler, he uses children when he makes a speech at times.....scary

they are winning imho...

Well if you are looking for a visit honestly I don't think it would be "that bad" make your choices in location wisely. Research the states and their laws and reference that with your preference for freedom...I can't think of a single state that doesn't have something to offer tourism wise.

Pick your poison wisely

Where would you suggest?

edit on 16-1-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yeah, america is a great place, beautiful sights, pretty women.. the rights we used to have....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Give me a break man FFS!

This isn't about guns like you seem to think, it's about what is happening to the American people by their Government not whether they own a fun even though there is talk about huge restrictions in owning certain types of them but I'm not going there as there are enough threads on here about that.
I'm talking about the way they are treated today compared to many years ago. You are the one that's making the comment about guns all the time, not me.

You said

IRM

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Give me a break man FFS!

You said

IRM

I think you are in the mood for an argument which I am not in the slightest as I am too tired at this time, so I won't bother ....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The USA was never the land of the free. It has a long history of oppressing minorities, women and poor people.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
The USA was never the land of the free. It has a long history of oppressing minorities, women and poor people.

Maybe it should be taken out of the last line here....

The Star Spangled Banner Lyrics By Francis Scott Key 1814 Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming? Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight, O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming? And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air, Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there. Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep, Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes, What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep, As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses? Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam, In full glory reflected now shines in the stream: 'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave! And where is that band who so vauntingly swore That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion, A home and a country should leave us no more! Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution. No refuge could save the hireling and slave From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave: And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave! Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand Between their loved home and the war's desolation! Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation. Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto: "In God is our trust." And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

I wish it would be. That songs nothing but nationalist propaganda anyway.

new topics

top topics

join