It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reverse placebo effect and flu shot scam.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Personally I only know one person who has gotten the flu this winter, yet they are saying it is the worst flu season in a long time.

Could they be just making up numbers for people getting the flu? If they did this and got everyone to think there are a larger than normal amount of flu virus's floating around could it work like placebo only reverse (think you'll get sick so you do).

Another outcome of making up flu numbers has an obvious advantage to you know who... everyone wants to get flu shots.

Just some ideas...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Nocebo effect
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
Could they be just making up numbers for people getting the flu?

Any more questions?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I got the flu. It's not a joke. Everywhere I go there's someone coughing and spreading their snot everywhere. It's bad this year. And I usually know media hypes stuff up, but this is really a bad year. And if you do catch it, it lingers for a while.
edit on 16-1-2013 by stonebutterfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I've only known two people who have gotten it. I only know that because of their facebook status. I don't know anyone that I come into contact regularly or talk to regularly that has gotten it.

I do like how I hear younger kids fighting the vaccine though. I have a few cousins that are in high school who fought their parents and refused to get the flu shot because they don't think it works. I'm glad not all are naive.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

I'm seeing more anti-vaccine facebook posts lately.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
reply to post by fictitious

I'm seeing more anti-vaccine facebook posts lately.

This probably explains the increase in advertisements to get the vaccine. I can't check out at Walgreens without the cashier asking if I want a flu shot.

new topics

top topics

join