Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Where is the outrage? Truth about 'fake' foods; Russia bans U.S. meat

page: 5
52
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
Is it still safe to eat Burger King?

That's all I want to know.


Burger King gets there meat from the company found to have horse and pig meat in the beef.

dai lymail




Less than five years after he was bailed out Goodman was able to buy his business back from the banks for £30million.
The beef baron’s processing company, Irish Food Processors, has not published accounts since 2001 when it recorded a turnover of £720million. His companies now have contracts with fast food chains and supermarkets including Tesco, Burger King, Asda and Sainsbury’s.
Now the company is under investigation again by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland amid suspicions that it may have received contaminated meat from unchecked sources.
edit on 17-1-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)
edit on Thu Jan 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link




posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Have you tasted a McD burger lately...far from tasty. They don't taste good compared to a good home-cooked burger. I think it's much more about convenience that America still eats this crap.

Had one last night and it was tasty.

Not better than a good home-cooked burger but it was better than some crappy home-cooked burgers I have tasted.

edit on 17-1-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)


Fire the cook!



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper
 

I was just pointing out that home-made doesn't always mean good and since not everyone can make a good home-made burger, McDonald's may still be tastier alternative.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by Rezlooper
 

I was just pointing out that home-made doesn't always mean good and since not everyone can make a good home-made burger, McDonald's may still be tastier alternative.


IMO McD's taste like a salt-shaker.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I can't believe people eat these McRib's to begin with. One look at it and I want to vomit.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper
 

I think you exaggerate but, even if heavy on the salt, it still doesn't mean that everyone can do better at home. I've had homemade food that was saltier than a McDonald's burger and there was even salt on the table just in case you felt the food needed a bit more.

edit on 17-1-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Er, can't blame them for banning McDonald's. McDonald's should ban McDonald's. The whole world should ban it.

Have to wonder about the timing though. First they said we can't adopt their orphaned, sick or emotionally conflicted children who are mostly institutionalized.

Now they don't want our pseudo-meat.

lol.

Think they are ticked off about something?



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper
 


I just bet Ya that in some country somewhere they have a form of Soylent and one day it to will be found out.
I hope I ain't right, but something tells me it is just possible when you have to get protien to a starving people in order for the Uber Rich to be able to profit more and have the real goods and the 99% have Soylent.
I call all this Processd Foods Frankin Foods.
Frak them don't Eat them.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
Only a few will be outraged by this because only a few people can afford to eat organic. Damned if we do something about it and many people can't afford to eat meat, and damned if we don't and most of us end up with health risks.


This idea of "afford" organic or not can be a bit of a crock. People can afford to have cars, go to movies, tons of other stuff in life that they think nothing of. It's just that food has been relegated to "pay as little as possible." So I pay $5.00 for a carton of eggs, when they're $3.00 elsewhere, GASP - I spend $4.00 a month extra on eggs!!!! It's a choice to agree to pay a bit more for your food. And when you look properly, organic isn't even that more expensive in many cases.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There's a great documentary called "the skinny on obesity" that should be required viewing.
It's not just beef, or eggs, or even milk, but the breads and all the overly processed foods.
I've been gluten free by necessity for 10 years. I am truly thankful for my celiac disease. It forced me to learn to cook from scratch in a far healthier way. That then led me to take further steps of eating locally raised foods.
I splurge on our meats, eggs and milk and get the grass fed, free range, hormone & anti biotic free stuff. We have a store here in OKC that buys from local farmers and brings it all to one store. They also have fruits and veggies that are in season.
I encourage everyone to seek out similar sources of "clean" food.
And...my BMI is about 19 and I eat a lot!
I'm convinced that the chemicals they pump into livestock to gain weight is still present when we consume that meat. And that the antibiotic resistance isnt because I dont finish my prescription, but because the food we eat daily causes the resistance. Is it any wonder were all gaining weight and sick?



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I dunno about the US but here in australia it's far cheaper to buy fresh unprocessed food than # like mcdonalds... the people who eat it just dont give a crap/are too lazy.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
Only a few will be outraged by this because only a few people can afford to eat organic. Damned if we do something about it and many people can't afford to eat meat, and damned if we don't and most of us end up with health risks.


This idea of "afford" organic or not can be a bit of a crock. People can afford to have cars, go to movies, tons of other stuff in life that they think nothing of. It's just that food has been relegated to "pay as little as possible." So I pay $5.00 for a carton of eggs, when they're $3.00 elsewhere, GASP - I spend $4.00 a month extra on eggs!!!! It's a choice to agree to pay a bit more for your food. And when you look properly, organic isn't even that more expensive in many cases.


Although I agree with you here - basically if you want to eat right and be healthy you have to sacrifice somewhere else in the monthly budget...but organic is a bit more expensive. I said in earlier post that I went to Whole Foods today and I spent $7 for a pound of 100% pure grass-fed beef while at our local supermarket a pound is usually between $3 and $4 per pound. That's nearly double.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It's not just the fast food.
I try to eat healthy which is hard but even buying meat, poultry, fish , vegetables and fruit in the states is not really good for you.
Every time I leave the states for more than a few weeks I lose weight and keep losing it until I go home. When I return to the states I gain weight eating the same type food.
It's like clockwork.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper
 


As a moral choice I do not eat beef, chicken, or pork anymore. I have seen how animals are treated and it was vile. This is not to say that I don't love a good burger, but I made the choice not to eat it anymore. Not that I ever ate McCrap much before making this choice though. We have our own veggie garden, our own chickens for eggs and I cut out the majority of animal products. I still eat fish and eggs.

I asked myself if I would be willing to kill the animal or support the way they were being treated, I without a doubt had to say no. Because of that it seemed hypocritical of me to continue eating what I wasn't willing to kill or support the treatment of, kwim?

I'm glad they banned US beef, maybe it will be a wake up call, although I doubt it.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper
 


I dropped meat.. I can't stomach it and every year I learn more and more about the food industry that ensures I keep it that way.

Even veggies are messed up due to all the GMO and pesticides. I really do not understand how food has become so complicated. I used to think meat was healthy and veggies were healthy. it has gotten to the point where I do not know what to eat.

In response to that I began to grow my own food. Currently everything I eat comes from my garden, even the herbs and spices. The meat is something I just had to let go. I was planning on having chicken and rabbit as my source of meat but it is hard to kill em when you end up naming them.

I have been off meat ever since and lets just say I have not missed it one bit and feel healthier than ever.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Rezlooper
 


I dropped meat.. I can't stomach it and every year I learn more and more about the food industry that ensures I keep it that way.

Even veggies are messed up due to all the GMO and pesticides. I really do not understand how food has become so complicated. I used to think meat was healthy and veggies were healthy. it has gotten to the point where I do not know what to eat.

In response to that I began to grow my own food. Currently everything I eat comes from my garden, even the herbs and spices. The meat is something I just had to let go. I was planning on having chicken and rabbit as my source of meat but it is hard to kill em when you end up naming them.

I have been off meat ever since and lets just say I have not missed it one bit and feel healthier than ever.

We had the same plan, and then we named our chickens! Once you name them, you can't eat them! At least that is my general rule of thumb. We have Henny, The Penny's (aka four new hampshire reds who all look the same and have the same names) and Snooki. I can't eat them now so I get protein from the eggs they lay!


The rabbit we named too and is a pet, no eating him. LOL






posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's difficult, because although I live in a rural area, there are just 'franchises' in this town, if u do not eat at a franchise then you shop at the grocery stores. Let's see, all I have here is Brahms, Price Chopper, Dillons, or Reebles and that is IT...the meat is all the same....it's a f*** bitch to find anything not chemical, pink slimed or whatever!

I actually stopped eating for 3 days straight last week at a pure "from the heart" disgust from food in general and grocery shopping, which may sound crazy but everything is seeming so ridiculous lately. I was just in the grocery store looking at labels and it HIT me like a ton of bricks...I went down every isle looking at food, reading labels...for example, do you know that eating one frozen pizza (love!) is like 1,800 calories? If you just stay at 1,200 calories a day you will stay at your weight, whatever it is. Therefore, I told myself, you better enjoy that little chemical pizza cause you cannot eat ANYTHING else that entire day unless you want to simply add on pounds... with the added happy bonus of not getting any nutrition whatsoever.

Just through looking through the bull# at stores I was top to bottom DISGUSTED, I've honestly never thought of it practically I guess. No wonder it's hard not to be a frickin fat-ass in this country. It's hard for even me to stay in shape and I swear this is why!

Don't get it twisted, I LOVE eating lol....but lately I just fight every hunger pain and am trying to figure out how to find and eat (yay) REAL food. Seems like this should not be an obstacle l
When it is in 'season' I will absolutely have a garden and we have a pond with lots of bass!



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
reply to post by Rezlooper
 


As a moral choice I do not eat beef, chicken, or pork anymore. I have seen how animals are treated and it was vile. This is not to say that I don't love a good burger, but I made the choice not to eat it anymore. Not that I ever ate McCrap much before making this choice though. We have our own veggie garden, our own chickens for eggs and I cut out the majority of animal products. I still eat fish and eggs.

I asked myself if I would be willing to kill the animal or support the way they were being treated, I without a doubt had to say no. Because of that it seemed hypocritical of me to continue eating what I wasn't willing to kill or support the treatment of, kwim?

I'm glad they banned US beef, maybe it will be a wake up call, although I doubt it.


You bring up the 'intentional' aspect of food. How animals & plants are cared for affects the quality of the final food product.

Everyday meat, etc - and even some organic meets are raised in factory farm environments and I believe it makes a difference in the food quality. But then, I believe it matters with plant foods as well.

Look in Biodynamic Agriculture where the whole food chain is honored and used to raise food. It's an awesome system and becoming ever more popular. Here the intentional (spiritual) dimenson is brought into the process for the benefit of all beings.

Generally organic type farming (husbandry) methods are much more uplifting (not the best word) then conventional mechanistic corporate farming.

Soapbox time - It's important that people make the effort and put their money into real food. It's good for us, our families, small business, our country and our world - maybe even our enternal souls. This a way for everyone of us to take a stand - in an easy and real way. People feel so helpless these days, the problems are overwhelming but this is an area where real progress is being made - and the corporations can't take it over and boy do they try.
edit on 18-1-2013 by FyreByrd because: soapbox



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
reply to post by Rezlooper
 

I still eat fish and eggs.

I asked myself if I would be willing to kill the animal


you obviously would still be willing, you eat fish.



posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by MaMaa
reply to post by Rezlooper
 

I still eat fish and eggs.

I asked myself if I would be willing to kill the animal


you obviously would still be willing, you eat fish.


Naturally... I have never heard a fish make a bloodcurdling scream as it is being slaughtered and bleeding out all over the place.

Pigs, cows, and chickens tend to be pretty noisy (especially pigs), and if the people are collecting the blood for cooking later, it can be a messy process to a person not used to seeing such a sight.... as I assume is the case for most Westerners.

Don't get me wrong though, commercial farm raised animals probably have the best point of their "life" at death. Their life must be a living hell.





new topics

top topics



 
52
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join